Official Q&A Thread for March 16th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

in every set of gear i have seen or gotten whether they have abilities gained from having multiples pieces on or if they don't most of those pieces of gear that have mods the belt and the bracers don't was this done on purpose or a oversight by the development team. Is there any plans to fix this?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please for the love of god, give us an answer on server mergers. i want to know if it worth my time playing this great game. i would like to log on and know i can play with other people not just solo everthing. I understand that your comeing up with a LFG system but it that will only work if you have the population to go with it. So using that as a answer is like using a Q-Tip to patch up a bullet wound.

I have read that many legacy unlocks are purchasable as well. Does this include race legacy unlocks as well? I would like a pureblood sith jedi, but I already have a level 50 warrior and inquisitor, and neither are pureblood sith :\

Can the bugs with the operations please be resolved ASAP? The floor missing with SOA and the resets with Bonethrasher both make it so these operations are more difficult then they should be which makes it even harder to gear. I do not mind a challenge, but bugs which cause wipes should be fixed. Thank you!

I was wondering if expanded character slots would be made available, I have 7 characters on one server (2 are 50), I want to try all the specs, I would also like to experience the opposite factions story lines, but don't want to have to go to another server to do it, which would mean Id lose my legacy options, and not be on the server my friends are. Please consider allowing 16 character slots per server if you haven't already.

Is the LFG system you been talking about going to be a Looking For Flash Point queue system similar to the one currently in WoW and Rift, where it auto groups players and teleports them to the instance? Or are you just adding a more features robust LFG system similar to the one that already exist in swtor, which requires players to still put together the group and then they all have to travel to the Flash Point? Thank You.

You talked about the new Bound on Legacy type of items. What sorts of items are you planning for these and are any items currently in the game going to be made BoL once the system goes live? Specifically I'm thinking of the Biometric Crystal Alloy and other operation/hard mode exotic material drops. My tank doesn't have a crafting skill (and I have no plans on giving her one), so it would be nice if I could send those types of items to my alts, who would benefit from the materials when our group can't otherwise find a tank.

Seems it was offensive to point out my sig in my previous post so I'll ask the question straight out again even though I know it won't get answered.. AGAIN.

Will there be full control space combat in the future?

Yeah, here's my question for you. You said in a previous video that you listen to what the people ask for on the forums and you try to deliver it. That being said, people have been asking for same sex romances since the Beta and there has not been word one (save 'Soon') about this being implemented. Is there any chance we might see this actually becoming a reality some time before the year ends?

will characters who have finished all their class quests but they load screen still tells them they are on previous chapters, or havent finished because something is bugged in some way be able to benefit from legacy options that need you to complete up to a certain act? i.e. i have my legacy title and completed all quests but my log wont progress past act 1 and my load screen displays act 1 when i log in, will some legacy options be locked to me?

What was the thinking behind making the PvE and PvP gear for level 50's get progressively less attractive? Just how drunk was the team who thought up the Consular high end gear?

You won't answer my question of course, but never mind.

This is the only MMO I've ever played where the best gear in the game looks the worst, almost across the entire republic faction. It is not not just because my main is a consular who is ashamed of his Rakata gear, even smugglers look silly and no one I've spoken to in game has said otherwise.

Question

What are your plans to address low population servers?

Reason

My server (Uthar Wynn EU) was heavily populated at launch and I threw myself into my character who I have spent a lot of time on.

Now the server is dead, my only option is to re-roll. At 1st I said NO NO NO but decided to give it a try, so now I have a 13 JK and a 12 SI but I just don't feel in the mood to level them because I WANT TO PLAY MY 50. I don't wanna do anything else at the moment.

Right now I should be doing operations, hard modes etc but there arent enough people on my server for me to do it. I don't want to play any other classes or go through the whole levelling experience again.

Edited by smexymage

Will we ever see a gear dye/paint system for SWTOR?

And not just the minor adjustment from the match to chest option, but a full on colour customization npc where people can either pay for changing their gear palette or find items from the world to change their appearance palette.

Match to chest is a patch solution, a full dye/paint system is the real feature, please think about it if it's not already in the works. Or better yet, a "match to piece" system so we can match to whatever piece we decide instead of having palettes based off just the chest piece.

Edited by Talorya

I've never received or found a Mercenary commendation "in the wild," despite killing my fair share of opposing faction players on Ilum and elsewhere. The commendation description makes it sound like you are supposed to receive these for open world PVP, rather than simply trading WZ commendations for them (which is incredibly annoying, with 20 confirmation dialog boxes when you are trying to buy enough for a Champion Bag). Are there any plans to make it possible to *earn* Mercenary commendations?

On the issue of guild banks, is it 1 tab and 7 purchaseable or 7 total? And how many slots per tab?

PS.. Kudos to all the Devs and Mods for this forum. I don't know how you do it, but you are amazing. If I had your job I would spend half my day today brutally responding to the over 40% of questions in this thread that WERE ALREADY COVERED IN THE GUILD SUMMIT AND IN THE THREADS YOU ASKED PEOPLE TO READ BEFORE POSTING. I'd lose my job after one day. Good job you guys and gals.

PSS... Yes, I checked EVERY page in this thread and the guild Q&A thread as requested before posting my question. That doesn't mean it wasn't discussed elsewhere, just not in the designated places to check.