Today PvP became disasterous

SilentumX

I am soooo mad right now!

I have been playing PvP on my Giradda the Hutt all day and can't believe my eyes.

Nevermind the delayed responses from everything i react with outside PvP like mailbox, inventory, etc.

In Voidstar the Opponents (Emprials in this case) can bypass the bridges before they are extended, they can unlock doors while i hit them with everything i have.

In Huttball they move around with the ball as if they didnt have at full speed while we are all walking through mud.

In Civil War my stealth breaks the second i get near any enemy and im 43 going against teens and tweens.

What did 1.1.5 do to the game?

I've noticed this, too. There is some imperial ability that is completely spamming out the opposing republic team. Players are rubber-banding, or not where they appear to be. Knockbacks don't work many times, and it has nothing to do with skill trees or bar.

At one time I genuinely think they did it so much that it kicked 7 of our team off the server. We all came back to fleet station dead, couldn't queue until we relogged and were all like what. the....<#@@#>

Something happened in this 1.1.5, and the Imp pvp guild on our pve server knows about it, exploits it and has been trouncing warzones all day with it, when we're generally at least competitive.

I've noticed this, too. There is some imperial ability that is completely spamming out the opposing republic team. Players are rubber-banding, or not where they appear to be. Knockbacks don't work many times, and it has nothing to do with skill trees or bar.

At one time I genuinely think they did it so much that it kicked 7 of our team off the server. We all came back to fleet station dead, couldn't queue until we relogged and were all like what. the....<#@@#>

Something happened in this 1.1.5, and the Imp pvp guild on our pve server knows about it, exploits it and has been trouncing warzones all day with it, when we're generally at least competitive.

Yep, this guy is completely correct. Imperial Intelligence are so utterly fantastic at what they do, that they've actually developed a way of breaking free of the constraints of the game itself and are now actively running it themselves, picking how and when to use and abuse systems, as they see fit. It's all the empire's fault. We're clearly cheating on a level no-one ever thought possible... The fact it's on patch day is completely coincidental!

Two things I did notice today...

- Knockback was not working against some enemies, at all, and their resolve bar was only at 25%. First time I've bumped into that - do Juggies have a perma immunity to knockback someplace?

- More and more people seem to see me in stealth even with blackout running and other talents to boost stealth level. I don't believe thay are using abilities to detect me like the Trooper stealth scan. I'd just be hanging out behind a wall, an enemy would run by, turn around, look at me for 1 or 2 seconds then CC me to death. No AE attacks to see if someones hiding there, all direct attacks.

I have not bumped into the speed hack thats out there yet - thank god for that. /fingerscrossed

Winning a PvP as a repub has become a lot more difficult, but this helps me practice my game better. So...I'm not really complaining as much as I am saying thanks for helping me improve my game.

Two things I did notice today...

- Knockback was not working against some enemies, at all, and their resolve bar was only at 25%. First time I've bumped into that - do Juggies have a perma immunity to knockback someplace?

- More and more people seem to see me in stealth even with blackout running and other talents to boost stealth level. I don't believe thay are using abilities to detect me like the Trooper stealth scan. I'd just be hanging out behind a wall, an enemy would run by, turn around, look at me for 1 or 2 seconds then CC me to death. No AE attacks to see if someones hiding there, all direct attacks.

I have not bumped into the speed hack thats out there yet - thank god for that. /fingerscrossed

Yes they have a skill in the middle tree, when they charge an opponent, they are immune to all CC's, snares, and damage reductions by 20%

Yep, this guy is completely correct. Imperial Intelligence are so utterly fantastic at what they do, that they've actually developed a way of breaking free of the constraints of the game itself and are now actively running it themselves, picking how and when to use and abuse systems, as they see fit. It's all the empire's fault. We're clearly cheating on a level no-one ever thought possible... The fact it's on patch day is completely coincidental!

Yes, someone is sharing info of a game-breaking exploit that's creating a huge problem. Through all your flowery rhetoric, you've hit the nail on the head. I hope the devs can research this, especially when the exploit is over-used and actually causing the entire opposing republic team to disconnect.

Yes, someone is sharing info of a game-breaking exploit that's creating a huge problem. Through all your flowery rhetoric, you've hit the nail on the head. I hope the devs can research this, especially when the exploit is over-used and actually causing the entire opposing republic team to disconnect.

Yup, it's all a massive imperial conspiracy. There's a team of watchers sitting at sliced controls of the game servers, as we speak. Every time they see you enter a WZ, they smirk and hit the killswitch. True story.

Yes they have a skill in the middle tree, when they charge an opponent, they are immune to all CC's, snares, and damage reductions by 20%

Good to know.

Just for more information the Jugg I saw and couldn't knockback didn't leap to anyone and was just running around the catwalks in huttball. I went to knock him back but it didn't work, then I got knocked into fire (died) - respawned and caught the forcefield while it was down, got back to him just as my recast on my AE KB was done (15s), and KB failed again.

Several more times in the zone I could knock others around but just not him. Ever. :-/

Well Bioware always seems to **** something up with each patch...

And WoW never did? I just expected bad **** to happen on patch days. I'm no programmer but it seems when you tinker with the code "fun" stuff happens all the time.

Well, I feel a bit better... when I wasn't being kicked from the WZs I was beginning to think there had been some stealth nerf to gunslingers because half my abilities weren't working like they normally would... at least it is happening to lots of people, which *should* mean it will be addressed quickly.

Yup, it's all a massive imperial conspiracy. There's a team of watchers sitting at sliced controls of the game servers, as we speak. Every time they see you enter a WZ, they smirk and hit the killswitch. True story.

I wouldn't say massive. So far it's happening on a handful of servers with exactly the same results. Deductive reasoning says the event is being duplicated by exploiters who are sharing knowledge.

1. Imperial toons are not affected adversely.

2. Republic teams are being affected en masse by sudden latency-type adverse effects.

3. Multiple people crashing straight to server select

4. Log back on, can't queue warzones. Have to relog.

5. Didn't happen to this extreme extent before 1.1.5

6. More instances occurring over the course of time on different servers. I.E. It wasn't "like this" this morning. It's getting worse as hours pass.

You think everyone's an idiot. Fine. See what the devs discover when they review data.

I don't know about the whole conspiracy thing, but I was definitely lagging more. I'd do a storm and nothing would happen, I'd be stuck and then 30 seconds later I'd be where I stormed to.

I was able to fight thru it though. It was just a pain.

This was happening on Jung Ma tonight... Got booted several times from WZs along with others... and while in them many times I couldn't drop into cover, delayed abilities, etc...
Same here.

I've been kicked from 4 winning warzones, less than 5 minutes left on each (2 Huttball, Voidstar, and Civil War), and on some that I was not kicked from, I experienced some issues. Sometimes when I force charged, I'd end up being in a location where I didn't jump. One time, my location did not sync with the server's location, and I was running into invisible walls and couldn't escape.

Something weird happened. I expect a small patch or something within a few days once they figure out what it is.