Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Disable premade groups for PVP?

Baron_Samedi

Absolutely they can do it.

And if you have to wait in que for 7 hours because the other team NEVER has a non-premade setup and your side ALWAYS does, is that acceptable?

Something tells me you would be upset if that was the case instead of this....

Thats why I don't use premade.

I am in guild. I receive premade request.

Don't take it.

Call me a fool, but this just is not right. Sorry, but it isn't. UNLESS YOU AGREE ON A GAME. Which is whole different thing.

Then you have 2 premades who agree on, say, Alderaan and - they clash. Pugs are here to abuse the situation. This is whole other story.

I make a premade when I am waiting for Voidstar doors, Alderaan bike and Huttball window.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yes, btw...

You all who is cramping that "game is ok as it is, you get over it whiner etc." please reconsider that BIOWARE started with something very interesting in last few days:

pure marketing action of "bring your friend, he gets week of SWTOR for free".

To untrained eyes this is "good", "lame", "bad" etc. To people in marketing (like me) this is a symptom: you don't attract new customers if you have steady flow of people coming and steady number of subscribers.

So something IS wrong that they make this action SO FAST after launch. One would expect that kind of action after, say, a year. When people are fed up.

But they do it exactly 2 and a half months after launch?

What does that tell you?

They HAVE to face with the fact that it is better to loose "few groups of coordinated hommies" who are having a ***** being big bad Sith then loosing a whole lot of INDIVIDUALS with steady income, just because their post-50lvl is subject to abuse.

So marketing to get more customers is a sign its failing? guess we should tell that to everyone who advertises that they just look pathetic in their death throes.

There are now quite a few pre-made groups on my server and they are getting unfair advantage. Usually they come in 4 or at least 3 - 2 dps and healer. Or 2 healers.

And they ravage.

IMHO, this is unfair advantage and I see the result: you wait very long for pvp simply because there is no players. Also, every other game is quit in 120 seconds.

And - just to tell in advance - I don't give a sh''t about the posts here that will start with "you whining..." and the rest of the mommy-boys repertoire who, using this pre-made system, finally feel great about themselves (not like in real life, i believe). I will simply not pay attention to it.

Since I see this is read by devs, I am writing this. How do I see? Well, since people complained about individuals leaving WZ in the start or in the middle - devs introduced the vote system.

Maybe they will not disable pre-made completely, but - maybe they will find a way to make a match more equal.

Lemme ask...

Would you favor this for all PvE content as well? Random PuG groups only?! Some days you have 4 healers, others none?!

Just to be clear, you're complaining about people who take the time to organize and plan to WIN in PvP...much like 99% of the PvEers do for raids and such.

Working as intended. It's called team work.

Teamwork will always beat random self-interested individuals all playing only for themselves.

It's also natural selection. Learn from it. Team up into a dps-healer team yourself, practice together, get syncronized, dish it right back to them.

Agree with bolded.

Other thing - well, did you also think about the mass of people who come, once a day, to play and then go with their life? (And what percentage of profit to the game they give?)

These people just want to have a good time.

They don't want to develop a deep and whoknowswhatkind of relationship with whoknowswho.

Oh, yes, btw...

You all who is cramping that "game is ok as it is, you get over it whiner etc." please reconsider that BIOWARE started with something very interesting in last few days:

pure marketing action of "bring your friend, he gets week of SWTOR for free".

To untrained eyes this is "good", "lame", "bad" etc. To people in marketing (like me) this is a symptom: you don't attract new customers if you have steady flow of people coming and steady number of subscribers.

So something IS wrong that they make this action SO FAST after launch. One would expect that kind of action after, say, a year. When people are fed up.

What does that tell you?

They HAVE to face with the fact that it is better to loose "few groups of coordinated hommies" who are having a ***** being big bad Sith then loosing a whole lot of INDIVIDUALS with steady income, just because their post-50lvl is subject to abuse.

Groups of friends have allot more staying power in MMOs than lone wolf individuals. Developers want people who are going to sub for long periods of time, and groups do that much more than individuals. Yes there are some exceptions but most of the time this is true. In the short term you may be right, but in the long term your system fails.

So marketing to get more customers is a sign its failing? guess we should tell that to everyone who advertises that they just look pathetic in their death throes.

Well, my friend, YES, you can, since I AM IN ADVERTISING.

And this is called "INCENDIARY" in advertising jargon.

And IT IS a sign of "we don't have enough customers and we didn't make our plans or we have big immigration!"

What does that tell you?

1) it tells me that you performed a nonsequitur on your own thread.

2) it tells me that you appear to be a self interested person, but then again your first post already demonstrated that anyway. So rather, it demonstrates that you are consistent.

3) it tells me that you do not understand the difference between proactive marketing and reactive marketing.

It's a good marketing move by a company that in fact has a player population that is trending upward right now.

In marketing, it's called smart leverage, building upon your successes instead of sleeping until you are in failure and can only be reactive. But if you are in marketing, you already know this and you are just using deliberate misdirection because you got pushback from others who simply do not agree with your original post. Oh, wait... you are in advertising, NOT marketing. In advertising, you do what Marketing tells you to do.

Edited by Andryah

Agree with bolded.

Other thing - well, did you also think about the mass of people who come, once a day, to play and then go with their life? (And what percentage of profit to the game they give?)

These people just want to have a good time.

They don't want to develop a deep and whoknowswhatkind of relationship with whoknowswho.

They thought of those people too, after all, it is possible to queue up for pvp without being in a group.

So far your complaint boils down to the fact that you don't like losing. Bummer, nobody does.

A lot of the problem will work itself out once they have cross server PvP. Right now there are not enough people on a server to support enough WZs to separate pre-mades from solo joiners. I have been in plenty of premade groups using vent and it does give a big advantage over a group that can’t coordinate with each other as quickly.

I know when I am joining a match solo I would prefer waiting a bit longer to not be facing a premade group. Like I said thought most servers don’t have the population to support two brackets so it is better to get in some match than waiting 45 min.

On a side note when I am in a premade group I love facing the best teams and not going against a group made up of fresh fifties and a few others.

Groups of friends have allot more staying power in MMOs than lone wolf individuals. Developers want people who are going to sub for long periods of time, and groups do that much more than individuals. Yes there are some exceptions but most of the time this is true. In the short term you may be right, but in the long term your system fails.

Good argument. And I thank you for politeness in post.

You can be right, I can be wrong. Just tell me - how then would you solve people who are dropping from game, irritated by the whole "gang-bang" situation?

I have example of at least 20 people from my guild quitting - listed something like MIA. And we are not among the biggest guilds, as far as I know?

Well, my friend, YES, you can, since I AM IN ADVERTISING.

And this is called "INCENDIARY" in advertising jargon.

And IT IS a sign of "we don't have enough customers and we didn't make our plans or we have big immigration!"

There are many reasons why companies advertise. Sluggish revenue is one of them but not the only reason. I've seen companies advertise, not because they were dropping in sales, but to acquire more market share. Typically, though, revenue is the main reason.

BW asking people to get their friends to play MAY not be a revenue issue, but it's easy to see why it probably is.

OP, while I agree with the intention of what you said, the implementation... not so much. What I would hate more than getting my arse kicked by a pre-made group, is randomly having my guildies and I split up. I like to play with my friends on my team, you know?

That said, the introduction of ranked (individual) and ranked (group) will fix a large portion of that. The hard core teams are likely to go into ranked play, and take them out of general play - at least some of the time. While more casual players groups - who as a general rule are not as much of a problem - will still be free to play groups in unranked matches.

Problem solved.

1) it tells me that you performed a nonsequitur on your own thread.

2) it tells me that you appear to be a self interested person, but then again your first post already demonstrated that anyway. So rather, it demonstrates that you are consistent.

3) it tells me that you do not understand the difference between proactive marketing and reactive marketing.

It's a good marketing move by a company that in fact has a player population that is trending upward right now.

In marketing, it's called smart leverage, building upon your successes instead of sleeping until you are in failure and can only be reactive. But if you are in marketing, you already know this and you are just using deliberate misdirection because you got pushback from others who simply do not agree with your original post.

And we will see in few months if you are right?

Will you have a balls to say it here if I am?

Cause I will screenshot this and put it in archive. And come here, say, in 6 months with this?

Yes, yes, you can call me now names and whatever - my question is, WILL YOU DO IT?

Just a little bet-on-the-spot, eh?

OP, while I agree with the intention of what you said, the implementation... not so much. What I would hate more than getting my arse kicked by a pre-made group, is randomly having my guildies and I split up. I like to play with my friends on my team, you know?

That said, the introduction of ranked (individual) and ranked (group) will fix a large portion of that. The hard core teams are likely to go into ranked play, and take them out of general play - at least some of the time. While more casual players groups - who as a general rule are not as much of a problem - will still be free to play groups in unranked matches.

Problem solved.

I agree with you. Thanks.

And we will see in few months if you are right?

Will you have a balls to say it here if I am?

Cause I will screenshot this and put it in archive. And come here, say, in 6 months with this?

Yes, yes, you can call me now names and whatever - my question is, WILL YOU DO IT?

Just a little bet-on-the-spot, eh?

I'll be here. :)

The bigger question is, will you be here? :D

Edited by Andryah

They thought of those people too, after all, it is possible to queue up for pvp without being in a group.

So far your complaint boils down to the fact that you don't like losing. Bummer, nobody does.

No, I don't mind - I still get commendations.

AND now +3 for every match played for Illum commendations.

This part I don't mind at all.

And I am in no hurry to get bm gear, since for my spec - BM is not crucial (not looking for expertise anymore that much).

So, believe it or not, I WANT PVP TO BE BETTER.

Don't become so relaxed. We'll be on unranked wzs just for fun. :p

A lot of the problem will work itself out once they have cross server PvP. Right now there are not enough people on a server to support enough WZs to separate pre-mades from solo joiners. I have been in plenty of premade groups using vent and it does give a big advantage over a group that can’t coordinate with each other as quickly.

I know when I am joining a match solo I would prefer waiting a bit longer to not be facing a premade group. Like I said thought most servers don’t have the population to support two brackets so it is better to get in some match than waiting 45 min.

On a side note when I am in a premade group I love facing the best teams and not going against a group made up of fresh fifties and a few others.

Great post, tx for the info!

Tx, didn't know that.

Guess they will fix even the 2-men pre-made.

Cause usually on my server it is dps-healer and they are extremely hard to kill. Even for 3 of individs.

Ironically for pvp'ers who claim to care a lot about the rewards they get from wz's don't seem to give a sh"t about the games where premade vs. premade = almost zero kills for anybody. They stack up with enough healers til just about nobody on either side can die, I can think of at least 4 medals off the top of my head that nobody will get: 10 kills, 25 kills, killing blow and solo kill. Get enough healers on a team and most people premade or otherwise are going to only get one of those; which nobody cares about as long as they get to manipulate their odds beyond the point of skill meaning a damned thing.

What's your argument?

That if you have, say, soccer team with coordinator and communicator that is GREATLY ballanced and on the other side you have bunch of individuals - you should leave them to play like that?

If THIS is your definition of fair, what, you say than that it is fair, again example, that you fight alone vs 2 people with clubs and boxer? "Don't split the well coordinated team"?

Congrats on logic.

Congrats on logic? From your response it appears that term is far from your grasp. *boggle*

TBH, I find it hard to follow what you are attempting to write because it is so poorly written.

You don't seem to beable to follow a cogent response to your original post and follow it up with an even more befuddling "rebuttle".

So let me spell it out for you again:

If YOU can't find a team that will take you don't muck it up for people that have teams.

If YOU are on a fail team and loose all the time, don't muck it up for people that are really good because YOU suck.

If you find life to be unfair, bingo, your right, life IS unfair, suck it up and grow a pair.

Is that clear enough for you?

Oh and l2write.

:rolleyes:

Good argument. And I thank you for politeness in post.

You can be right, I can be wrong. Just tell me - how then would you solve people who are dropping from game, irritated by the whole "gang-bang" situation?

I have example of at least 20 people from my guild quitting - listed something like MIA. And we are not among the biggest guilds, as far as I know?

Well first you have to determine why those 20 people left. If you have so many people in your guild and you are doing WZs alone then there is an issue with your guild. Why were none or these 20 people not forming premades? It sounds to me like a teamwork based game is just not for them. No 1 game can please everyone, it has to choose its target audience and stick to working for them.

There are many reasons why companies advertise. Sluggish revenue is one of them but not the only reason. I've seen companies advertise, not because they were dropping in sales, but to acquire more market share. Typically, though, revenue is the main reason.

BW asking people to get their friends to play MAY not be a revenue issue, but it's easy to see why it probably is.

True.

I said - I might be wrong. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.