3 Ilum kills per WZ?

WNxAres

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a fanboy could find a silver lining in yet another pvp/Ilum disaster.

I agree because I'm a fanboy, and even I see this as a disaster (for the Imperials).

All this patch did was force Imperials to PvB more, because undermanned Republic players can queue up 11 warzones and pull Imperials 10 times. Daily done.

Imperials will be at the mercy of Republic players for open world valor leveling. Awesome.

What. There are 3 warzones and most are filled with premades who feel the need to hack the game.

Getting Ilum credit for fighting my own faction is just stupid. Why not just send me my bags in and email and just give up.

The pvp team learned nothing from warhammer and actually has brought an inferior product to the table. Congrats BW and EA.

Quite a number of people I knew liked Ilum. It was not all that laggy with a good rig and was far more entertaining that hutt force cc ball.

I didn't join the game to fight my own side. This in itself causes a bunch of internal issues. So now we have to give the over populated side 3 more wz that they can farm each other with.

It is amazing that people get paid to make for these types of errors.

What. There are 3 warzones and most are filled with premades who feel the need to hack the game.

Getting Ilum credit for fighting my own faction is just stupid. Why not just send me my bags in and email and just give up.

The pvp team learned nothing from warhammer and actually has brought an inferior product to the table. Congrats BW and EA.

Quite a number of people I knew liked Ilum. It was not all that laggy with a good rig and was far more entertaining that hutt force cc ball.I didn't join the game to fight my own side. This in itself causes a bunch of internal issues. So now we have to give the over populated side 3 more wz that they can farm each other with.

It is amazing that people get paid to make for these types of errors.

Wait a second.

I havent had time to log in yet. Are you saying that we get credit just for being in a warzone? I was under the impression (as noted above) that the Ilum count only worked for opposing faction.

I also completely agree with in bold.

Edited by islander

Wait a second.

I havent had time to log in yet. Are you saying that we get credit just for being in a warzone? I was under the impression (as noted above) that the Ilum count only worked for opposing faction.

I also completely agree with in bold.

Yes you get 3 kills per warzone no matter what

talk about a bunch of whiny empire kids who are crying now that the playing field is leveled and you don't get your free 200 valor a kill for having 50 people in Ilum.

There are a bunch of battlemaster imps on my server that are so bad it hurts. Maybe 2-3 premades that even know what they're doing (and half of that is because they're full BM from the free valor).

talk about a bunch of whiny empire kids who are crying now that the playing field is leveled and you don't get your free 200 valor a kill for having 50 people in Ilum.

There are a bunch of battlemaster imps on my server that are so bad it hurts. Maybe 2-3 premades that even know what they're doing (and half of that is because they're full BM from the free valor).

This. Majority of the people I've heard complaining are those BM equipped empire players who wont be able to roflstomp everyone and will now actually have to be good on an even playing field.

IMO it should be capped at 10 instead of 3 so it runs along with the WZ daily as well. 3 seems a tad low...

first day as a 50 vanguard, 99 out of 150 for the illum weekly when I logged out purely from warzones. Seems fine to me.

I was hoping you'd have to do 6 warzones a day for the ilum daily now, but it's actually 10, which I think is a little high. Depending on how long your queues are, completing 10 WZs is a pretty significant time investment every day.

You have to get 3 wins for the WZ daily, and assuming average 50% win rate, you'd have to play 6 a day to complete your daily, so if it were up to me I'd make you get 5 per WZ toward the ilum daily/weekly rather than 3, but I don't make the rules.

^ This!

10 is just way too much, about 2.5-3 hours a day just to do ONE daily. Forget about leveling your alt or doing HM FP's, Ops, or any other dailies. THIS is what you're gonna be doing now!

Edited by LastSurvivor

On Vulkar Highway, it started slow on Ilum today and I was pissed off about the kills counting in WZs. I knew they were coming but I didn't know it was 3 per WZ (50 WZs to complete to get your weekly?)

It wasn't that it wasn't enough. it was that no one was showing up to Ilum so they could WZ for the kills. I thought "are these people completely stupid? That will take forever."

So I went onto Black Talon for a quick run with a new 50 in the guild. I returned to Ilum for PvE dailies and saw there was action.

To my happy eyes, there was INDEED action! Looks like people figured it out. just took them a little while.

So I urge you all, get to Ilum. Go to a bridge and battle it out on it. You can do this for hours, long after you're done your weekly. To your hearts frikkin content.

For valor, of course, hit up WZs.

Glad to hear Vulkar perked up Karra. I was on with you earlier and nothing but a few stealthies.

I went to Port Nowhere and had some ilum action. I was happy. It was only 8 of us pubs but the imps allowed us to fish them for about 50 kills before I had to go.

I would normally have had the daily and the weeklies done today in about 2 hours for each toon. I am no where close on my imp toon.

I would be happy if I never had to do another WZ.

WZ pvp has broken this game. I've cancelled until this gets eliminated or fixed. It is REAL easy to "game" a WZ. It's not cheating, but a group or guild using voip will dominate a PUG. And doing Huttball 150 times a day ( 6 times in a F'n row this morning for me) is about as much fun as going to the dentist.

End game has died. And it only took a little over 2 months.

i heard in 1.2, equally "skilled" pvpers (kills/deaths, win/loss) will automatically be placed in queues only against other similar "skilled" players...

ie the "best" pvpers are in the highest ranked tier, they will only fight against other high ranked tier players...

is that what you are looking for?

the problem is that you need to complete 50 wz for the weekly now which is going to take alot longer than farming kills on Ilum. Today was reset day and during peak hours there were only about a dozen people on Ilum just farming armaments in center...so now we can't even use Ilum as an alternative unless you want to mindlessly grind the center assuming that the other faction doesn't already have it putting you out of luck.

IMO it should be capped at 10 instead of 3 so it runs along with the WZ daily as well. 3 seems a tad low...

No way Jose

I did 14 WZ's yesterday after getting back from work, and got 42/150 towards weekly.

That's a fair amount of credit for the time I spent.

Getting more than 3, towards weekly would kill Ilum's purpose. Ilum's purpose already received a huge hit with this patch.

the problem is that you need to complete 50 wz for the weekly now which is going to take alot longer than farming kills on Ilum. Today was reset day and during peak hours there were only about a dozen people on Ilum just farming armaments in center...so now we can't even use Ilum as an alternative unless you want to mindlessly grind the center assuming that the other faction doesn't already have it putting you out of luck.

I don't agree with you. Before 1.1.5 ( at least on my server ) , most of the people were completing the weekly in the first 2 hours after maintenance. Ilum had and i think it still has his purpose in this game.

Its fine for me.

Week have 7 days.

Every days you do daily.

To complete 2 dailies just in a WZ, you neeed to play 10, with 3 wins. 30 Illum kills per day.

And you will complete your Illum weekly in a 5 days if you do only 10 WZ per day. Even if you loose all of them.

Or you just want to complete weekly in the first day... in first few hours, it would be better to say?

In that case i have a picture for you.

So much this. Easy mode faction found that it is not so easy mode now, and look at all the drama.

And illum is not dead, I found some fights there all over the map, it was 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, some small group action. Before it was base "fun" almost all the time.