4 medal cap has killed PVP

thamightyboro

The 4 medal cap is leading to the team on the losing side just giving up and going semi AFK who cares if they get any addiitonal medals as they aren't rewarded for them and such is the valor increase that nobody cares about winning anymore.

At least with medal chasers they where somehow contributing to the teams cause, all I am seeing now are my own team give up after 4 medals and being a goal down etc or the opposiiton give up and us just steamroll them which is zero fun either.

Now I'm just waiting for people to click that just getting 4 medals uber quick then letting a team win is the single fastest way to gain valor/XP from PVP'n.

You really have absolutely no foresight whatsoever and even when warned what the greater populace will do just choose to ignore it. Warzones as sad as it is was the last thing keeping me around in SWTOR if this continues then I guess its time to unsub until BW can actually come up with a meaningful balanced system that actually promotes playing to win.

IMO you should get diddly frickin squat for a loss.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

could you imagine if there wasnt a cap? 5k valor per WZ on the regular lol.

Capping the medals makes sure you stay in your roll and dont just grind medals.

If you actually bothered past 4 medals and tried to win which is the point I'm making all I have seen all afternoon is people just not bothering past 4 medals as there is no incentive to. So worse than someone chasing a medal is someone not doing nothing at all.

Anyone remember when people played games to win? Even when the reward was "only" winning?

Anyone remember beating SNES games on uber hard mode and all you get was a pixilated Samus in her Zero suit and you were **** bricks because Samus was a GIRL!

Hell most games just gave you a "Good Job Succ***aaaaa!"

Entitlement indeed.

They just need to go back with a bigger reward for winning over losing now. Not a big deal.

The medal change was a good one. Solving your alleged complaint is easy.

And that is the issue they where told repeatedly by the test players that this would happen.

BW does not seem to appreciate that those who attend test and the general populace are very very different players in terms of attitude.

Testers warned them that there was a very high chance that the myriad of idiots in the community would indeed do this but again shoved under the rug as has every bit of PVP feedback on test.

Another game where the devs who have failed time and again still believe they know better than those testing it, paying to play it and giving feedback.

Okay, so they give up and let the other team win a little faster. Sucks for the winners? Oh wait, no it doesn't. And as for the losing team, at least they'll be in another match soon, hopefully one the players feel they can compete in. If they all gave up, I assume it's because they all decided a win was impossible. Before the change, they would have gone to farm kills in the corners, now they do what? Just stand around? So what? Neither activity affects the outcome.

Still, 2.5k valor for a loss and 3k-3.5k for a win is nice

The bigger picture though is exactly what was warned of.

People are already just getting 4 medals then letting the opposition win. Gets matches over faster and you get great gains still.

A 6-0 defeat in huttball within 5 minutes provided you got 4 medals = 2500 valor a hard fought 1-0 win with 10 medals= 3500 valor and took 15 minutes, you do the math.

Its only a matter of time before warzone trading is happening with these capped gains and increased beyond stupidity rewards.

The bigger picture though is exactly what was warned of.

People are already just getting 4 medals then letting the opposition win. Gets matches over faster and you get great gains still.

A 6-0 defeat in huttball within 5 minutes provided you got 4 medals = 2500 valor a hard fought 1-0 win with 10 medals= 3500 valor and took 15 minutes, you do the math.

Its only a matter of time before warzone trading is happening with these capped gains and increased beyond stupidity rewards.

Yep, that's exactly what's going to happen. People already farm social points with speed runs through Black Talon. Now they will farm war zones. When farming is the most efficient way to make gains that's what people will do.

Step 1: get 4 medals completing the objective.

Step 2: complete the objectives quickly to move to another warzone.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

Get 4 medals help other team win = next warzone quicker = moar proffitz !!!

Edited by lethal_ghost

The 4 medal cap is leading to the team on the losing side just giving up and going semi AFK who cares if they get any addiitonal medals as they aren't rewarded for them and such is the valor increase that nobody cares about winning anymore.

At least with medal chasers they where somehow contributing to the teams cause, all I am seeing now are my own team give up after 4 medals and being a goal down etc or the opposiiton give up and us just steamroll them which is zero fun either.

Now I'm just waiting for people to click that just getting 4 medals uber quick then letting a team win is the single fastest way to gain valor/XP from PVP'n.

You really have absolutely no foresight whatsoever and even when warned what the greater populace will do just choose to ignore it. Warzones as sad as it is was the last thing keeping me around in SWTOR if this continues then I guess its time to unsub until BW can actually come up with a meaningful balanced system that actually promotes playing to win.

IMO you should get diddly frickin squat for a loss.

Winning>loosing with rewards.

And your whole rant just got countered. I'm really sorry that your tank/sorc can't get 11 medals anymore and get credit for them all, maybe now you will be part of the team and actually try to win, zergling?

So, before we had a system that enouraged winning. What we get from it? People leaving WZ at first sign that they may not win (like loosing 1 point in Huttball).

Everyone were screaming "give us incentive to stay in lost WZ!"

So, BW created system that encourages participation regardless of outcome.

Now people (probably the same as above) get 4 medals and afk in the corner.

It is time to realize the truth.

It is not BW fault that we have a lot of players that dont want to pvp, they only want to get gear (and complain here ofc).

There is nothing that can stop those players from ruining others experience. Maybe a vote for kick and some kind of "you were kicked 5 times in 2 days, you are banned from WZ for a week", or other kind of report/judge system.

But since it is a P2P game, I doubt it will ever happen.

Deal with it. Those so called pvpers that leave or afk will be always here, only ranked system can free you from them, but only if you are a good player...hepefuly;)

Winning>loosing with rewards.

And your whole rant just got countered. I'm really sorry that your tank/sorc can't get 11 medals anymore and get credit for them all, maybe now you will be part of the team and actually try to win, zergling?

would you mind reading again the op as you seems to haven't understand what he was writing. reading the text entirely and trying to understand what one writes without prejudging can help a lot not failing so bad with a post like you just did.

@topic: what all these changes and their outcome show very clearly is:

1. this community sucks!

2. this game seems to offer nothing that is fun for the community after you reached 50.

it seems the only thing that keeps people playing is farming for gear. i am not sure which of the two points above is contributing more to this.

Edited by me_unknown

System is fine. Lazy and entitled players are the problem.

The system is not fine and the change is not an improvement for Warzones.

Battlemasters or people only wanting to complete the daily would simply leave a losing Warzone and move on to another (their incentive being only wins). This created a cycle of people coming in and out of a losing warzone aggravating the few inside that were actually trying. So they removed the daily system and tried to reduce the incentive to quit playing. +1.

But then they also make this change! *rubs temples*

This has the same end result. Players getting their 4 medals then have even LESS incentive to try to win than they had before. The valor difference in winning and losing is so miniscule its barely noticeable.

Reduce the amount earned from each medal, fine. But it doesn't make sense to cap rewards at 4 since you're creating the exact same problem that the whole daily quest change was trying to fix.

Edited by Duvent

Cant believe people complaining after just afew hours, i mean seriously. Pvp is ment to be fun, if your not having fun go play something else, i'm sure everyone will be clapping if all the useless afkers leave the game.

Luckly we have decent guilds with competitive pvp on my server so dont see this affecting me much at 50, under 50 has always been full off usless afking ******* so no change there. Known afkers are reported and i'm seeing less and less of them. Least the new increase in valor will help gear up new toons, since high lvl content is minimal this is a good thing.

This system works because after four medals you are forced to focus on the match. You can't swoop in, grab four medals then leave because you won't get credit. Your medals are your own that you earned, so you should receive credit for those specific medals regardless of win or loss. You get separate credit for winning/losing.

It's impossible to farm for medals when actually playing a match for two minutes will allot you roughly five medals, and only four count. This system is brilliant and credit-for-win scenarios is a horrid system for a game where premades for eight man scenarios are only four men deep.

Just grinding Valor and Creds until 1.2