One Night Stands and Similar Encounters

Ranadiel_Marius

Watcher 2 might be the only race restricted romantic encounter in the game. I know you can't get the Dromund Kaas one if you aren't human, but I'm not sure if non-humans can eventually win her over if they keep trying.

While I imagine this is frustrating for some, I have to admit, the detail in that is pretty awesome and I like that Bioware is doing things like that.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I imagine this is frustrating for some, I have to admit, the detail in that is pretty awesome and I like that Bioware is doing things like that.

Yeah, it is cool, and logical that an Imp might be kinda specist, but as a Chiss agent, its annoying. If it plays out so that over time you win her over, then its cool. If not, its annoying, cus I like playing something other than human for a change, and the Chiss are awesome, and I'm not going to start over and replay 10 plus hours that I've already put in just for her.

Here is a list I made prior to the board wipe that I thought I would repost now. The list contains all instances where the PC can have an "intimate fade to black" that is not part of a companion romance. Basically the list of one-night stands, although some aren't exactly "one night stands".

I realize this is an old topic but I just now found it and had a question; do any of these interfere with your ability to carry out a regular romance with a companion? I've seen the reddit post with the crazy stalker letter from Jaesa, but I mean aside from that. Just reached Nar Shadda as a Sith Warrior and recently had the first (as far as I can remember) opportunity to flirt with Vette, worried I've officially started it and that continuing to hit on everything that moves will break the big romance somehow.

I guess the son doesn't appreciate being his mothers puppet and the fact you bagged her cuz he sends assassin later, lol.

I keep meaning to go back there and just drop in on the two of them, see if the son freaks out that I am still alive and probably very pissed. But I never remember to do it when I'm actually on Kaas. I'm guessing neither of them even acknowledge the assassination attempt if they can even be spoken with at all, though. But it would be funny!

So I finished Kaas with my SW yesterday, and apparently the "proper" name for the one night stand there was Cellvanta Granthan. No idea where the original last name I had came from.

I realize this is an old topic but I just now found it and had a question; do any of these interfere with your ability to carry out a regular romance with a companion? I've seen the reddit post with the crazy stalker letter from Jaesa, but I mean aside from that. Just reached Nar Shadda as a Sith Warrior and recently had the first (as far as I can remember) opportunity to flirt with Vette, worried I've officially started it and that continuing to hit on everything that moves will break the big romance somehow.

The only one that might cause any kind of interference is Watcher Two. And I think that might be a case where romancing a companion might interfere with her own personal romance and not the other way around. Watcher Two though is the exception to a lot of the normal rules for these things.

Other than that, you should be able to hump anything that moves with no reprecusions other than affection loss. And affection loss only occurs with class connected ones and if they are in the party.

So I finished Kaas with my SW yesterday, and apparently the "proper" name for the one night stand there was Cellvanta Granthan. No idea where the original last name I had came from.

I've just been calling her Lady MacBeth. Doesn't ENTIRELY fit but I still like it, plus I can't remember her name anyway.

Thanks for the information about flings! I will continue playing my SW as a complete dirtbag.

Sith warrior (what I remember so far)

1. Lady Grantham at Dromund Kaas ... I let Vette watch :D

2. Darth Lachris at Balmora

3. during first quest from Vette on Nar Shadaa when you have to get some twilek relic or something like that, she has twilek friend, red color, and you can flirt with her and she will sleep with you, also you get +15 affection from vette :D

4. lot of flirting with Tana Vesh on Taris, but I was not nice to her and I killed her at the end, maybe if you let her live and be nice to her then she will sleep with you

I just went to Balmora with my IA and during the briefing I had a flirt option with Watcher Two. But I didn't get any action with her on Dromuund Kaas besides the occasional flirting from my side. Am I in the right path to steal her heart? :D

I should mention that I don't flirt with Kaliyo so I am clear with that. But I want to get busy with Watcher Two before I meet Ensign Temple, I want to flirt with her too.

Is that possible or I am asking for much?

Edit* I am Human.

Edited by Mr_Bald

One of the things I find most depressing about the romance options in the game, whether or not it be a simple flirt or all out bumping uglies is this...

Note: I am a female in real life, and I am married and happy.

BUT!

I play female characters.

Why? Because its fun.

What I do not like about the romance options is that female gamers that play female toons, get shafted when it comes to romance options. Whether its via your male companions/NPCs or.. you got it... female companions/NPCs.

I thought in this day and age, people would rather put in a few options for female PCs to at least flirt with other female NPCs or what have you.

I figured something like that would be implemented!

I find some of these female NPCs (like for example, my consular is just beginning act 2 and ive got a chick on Quesh with the whiteish skin and tattoos on her face running around my ship), really hot and wouldnt mind tossing a flirt or two.

AND... Why isnt there an option to go flirt with anyone of your companions?

I despise... DESPISE... Tharan Cedrex. He is a womanizer and has nasty holosex on my ship with Holiday (who i find reminds me of Yuffie from Final Fantasy which can be annoying).

Why cant my consular fall in love or flirt with Qyzen Fess? Or Zenith (even though hes a bit wild for my tastes)?

Sucks!

Sith warrior (what I remember so far)

3. during first quest from Vette on Nar Shadaa when you have to get some twilek relic or something like that, she has twilek friend, red color, and you can flirt with her and she will sleep with you, also you get +15 affection from vette :D

Wait, Vette LIKES that? I'm almost to that point in the game and just assumed that her friend would be the one fling I HAD to skip in order to avoid pissing Vette off.

One of the things I find most depressing about the romance options in the game, whether or not it be a simple flirt or all out bumping uglies is this...

Note: I am a female in real life, and I am married and happy.

BUT!

I play female characters.

Why? Because its fun.

What I do not like about the romance options is that female gamers that play female toons, get shafted when it comes to romance options. Whether its via your male companions/NPCs or.. you got it... female companions/NPCs.

I thought in this day and age, people would rather put in a few options for female PCs to at least flirt with other female NPCs or what have you.

I figured something like that would be implemented!

I find some of these female NPCs (like for example, my consular is just beginning act 2 and ive got a chick on Quesh with the whiteish skin and tattoos on her face running around my ship), really hot and wouldnt mind tossing a flirt or two.

I despise... DESPISE... Tharan Cedrex. He is a womanizer and has nasty holosex on my ship with Holiday (who i find reminds me of Yuffie from Final Fantasy which can be annoying).

Why cant my consular fall in love or flirt with Qyzen Fess? Or Zenith (even though hes a bit wild for my tastes)?

Sucks!

I've heard that they're eventually planning on implementing same-sex relationships. which is good. Not that I particularly want Quinn's creepy brown-nosing to get even more invasive or anything (that guy isn't respecting my personal space RIGHT NOW, I imagine it will get worse if he starts thinking he can get lucky) but it's 2012; no reason why they shouldn't be allowed if people want to pursue them. The easiest solution, and probably what they're going to do, is just make every possible romance work for every possible character regardless of gender. I think that's how Dragon Age 2 handled it.

I've heard that they're eventually planning on implementing same-sex relationships. which is good. Not that I particularly want Quinn's creepy brown-nosing to get even more invasive or anything (that guy isn't respecting my personal space RIGHT NOW, I imagine it will get worse if he starts thinking he can get lucky) but it's 2012; no reason why they shouldn't be allowed if people want to pursue them. The easiest solution, and probably what they're going to do, is just make every possible romance work for every possible character regardless of gender. I think that's how Dragon Age 2 handled it.

No, please.

Romances were pretty bad in DA2 because of that. Anders was a pain if you were male. He went from af funny mage to a gay terrorist.

Wait, Vette LIKES that? I'm almost to that point in the game and just assumed that her friend would be the one fling I HAD to skip in order to avoid pissing Vette off.

the first one on balmora not :) there you will receive -30 if I remember

but on nar shadaa yes, becase situation is that those are her old friends, who she didnt see for very long time. and discussion is about that she has to do lot of "catch up" with them, maybe that is the reason why you receive +15, but to mention she didint look very happy about that and she also make this sad/angy face saying "Have fun"

you can see it here around 15:30

I just went to Balmora with my IA and during the briefing I had a flirt option with Watcher Two. But I didn't get any action with her on Dromuund Kaas besides the occasional flirting from my side. Am I in the right path to steal her heart? :D

I should mention that I don't flirt with Kaliyo so I am clear with that. But I want to get busy with Watcher Two before I meet Ensign Temple, I want to flirt with her too.

Is that possible or I am asking for much?

Edit* I am Human.

Oh darn it, I had a nice response I had typed up, copied, and then I copied something else. x_x Short version, I think the Watcher Two romance occurs on a return trip to Kaas.

Sucks!

They are working on adding SGRA in. It will be in the game hopefully soonish.

As for JC romances, you can romance Lt Iresso.

the IA also beds a darth if your brave enough to risk it

That is an Imperial option. Any Imperial character can get that if they want to.

No it is not 2012. It is a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Please do not attempt to muddle the two as some sort of weak argument.

No it is not 2012. It is a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Please do not attempt to muddle the two as some sort of weak argument.

I'm kind of baffled by your hostility but you and I both know these decisions are being made in 2012, end of story. As for "long time ago" this is a long time ago when people have discovered interstellar spaceflight and aliens. A guy can bang a girl with tentacles growing out of her head; somehow I don't expect anyone is getting their panties in a twist if both of them are women. That's the kind of thing that only an incredibly primitive culture would freak out about, heh.

No, please.

Romances were pretty bad in DA2 because of that. Anders was a pain if you were male. He went from af funny mage to a gay terrorist.

Well honestly DA2 was pretty bad, period. I don't think the romances were really the problem, it was more the writing/gameplay/story/characters/literally every single other thing.

I was pretty disappointed in Anders too; I liked him in the first game, he was a funny guy. I liked Justice too. Somehow smashing two decent characters into one guy turned them into the whiniest emo goth dork imaginable. Hell, my character in DA2 WAS a mage and I still sided with the Templars just to piss Anders' whiny *** off.

I'm kind of baffled by your hostility but you and I both know these decisions are being made in 2012, end of story. As for "long time ago" this is a long time ago when people have discovered interstellar spaceflight and aliens. A guy can bang a girl with tentacles growing out of her head; somehow I don't expect anyone is getting their panties in a twist if both of them are women. That's the kind of thing that only an incredibly primitive culture would freak out about, heh.

Are you implying that heterosexual cultures that don't have a homosexual culture are primitive?

Your argument holds no water. This has nothing to do with technology. My point is it is wrong to automatically assume 2012 thinking on every single fantasy setting.

I've noticed the female agent still does not have Jordel Tlan (Narshadda) on her list of consumated romantic encounters.

Am I the only one to find this?

Eh most of the list was made by me combing through various sources in the data rip, so I'm sure I'm missing a few. I've confirmed the romance in the data files though, and so I have added it.

Are you implying that heterosexual cultures that don't have a homosexual culture are primitive?

Your argument holds no water. This has nothing to do with technology. My point is it is wrong to automatically assume 2012 thinking on every single fantasy setting.

Guess what? The powers that are in charge of the game have decided that they want to put said thinking into this game. If you want to discuss whether that is a good thing or not, go do it in a different thread because it is off topic here.

I wasn't implying that, I flat-out stated it. Directly to you. Pay attention.

Your point is kind of silly, and evidently the devs think so too.

Edited by seedypete

Is the Watcher 2 romance supposed to continue past act 1? After Act 1, she seems to never mention what happened and all flirt options are gone (outside of one in Act 3). Or is it bugged?

I haven't played the IA yet. From having looked at various dialogues, it seems that it is supposed to be mentioend again. At some point(I think Act 2) she is supposed to tell you that it is over for some reason that I don't remember. Then in Act 3 the two of you can have a conversation where she says she is willing to give it a try in time(very rough paraphrasing from memory). Then in one of the endings(I think it is only one of them) she will tell you her real name during the fianl scenes.

If you didn't get that then it likely means that either you messed up somewhere during the course of events, it is bugged, or heck the later stages could have even been removed(which would be lame). I have to ask whether you romanced either Kaliyo or Temple with this playthough as I know Kaliyo can break the Watcher Two arc, and I would not be shocked to learn Temple can do so as well.