One Night Stands and Similar Encounters

Ranadiel_Marius

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played the IA yet. From having looked at various dialogues, it seems that it is supposed to be mentioend again. At some point(I think Act 2) she is supposed to tell you that it is over for some reason that I don't remember. Then in Act 3 the two of you can have a conversation where she says she is willing to give it a try in time(very rough paraphrasing from memory). Then in one of the endings(I think it is only one of them) she will tell you her real name during the fianl scenes.

If you didn't get that then it likely means that either you messed up somewhere during the course of events, it is bugged, or heck the later stages could have even been removed(which would be lame). I have to ask whether you romanced either Kaliyo or Temple with this playthough as I know Kaliyo can break the Watcher Two arc, and I would not be shocked to learn Temple can do so as well.

I didn't romance Kaliyo. Eventually I gave up since no one else seem to know anything about whether the romance continued post act 1 and romanced Temple (once I was on Voss). I'm guessing it is either bugged or removed.

I don't think her telling you her real name is directly related to the romance, since I was able to get that line during the end of act 3.

I didn't romance Kaliyo. Eventually I gave up since no one else seem to know anything about whether the romance continued post act 1 and romanced Temple (once I was on Voss). I'm guessing it is either bugged or removed.

I just looked through the data files, and if I am reading this right I think the Watcher Two line is very difficult to keep alive. It looks to me like there is only one conversation with her on the subject during Act 2 and that is at the opening of Act 2, and it looks like you have to bring the subject up in the conversation.Then I think you have to choose the option of "Give it a chance" for it to stay alive.

Then at some point during Act 3, she'll ask you to meet her at the Nexus Room for drinks if the romance track is active. One line summation of that talk form her would probably be:

I'm not going to resign as Keeper, and we can't--but I'm willing to hope, and watch for our chance to be together.

Ugh if I am right that there are two specific options you have to choose at the beginning of Act 2 in order to get a scene in Act 3 to trigger then varifying this is ging to be rather difficult. >.>

I don't think her telling you her real name is directly related to the romance, since I was able to get that line during the end of act 3.

Really? Darn I thought her telling you her name was the perfect conslusion to her romance arc. Oh well. :o

Just got to 50 on my female SW, I think the only one night stand I had was with my companion Pierce. He and Quinn were the only flirtable npcs I ran into. Except for that silly one on Nar Shadaa with the ugly guy.

While I was toting around my murderous husband it would have been nice to flirt up that man you meet in Corellia, what's his name.. *checks codex* Ah yes, General Hasker! Having a fade to black scene with the head of the Imperial Guard would've really stuck it to Quinn, plus he was pretty hot. Ah well.

I know I played through the conversation in Act 2 in several different times. It was when I started to worry that something was screwed up with the romance because she never brought it up herself and I didn't see an option to bring it. I could have missed something though.

Near as I can tell these are the key options.

Wacher Two: Do what you have to, but do it discreetly. No official sanction.

Options in the game files: "I'll be fine." "What about my team? My life?" "What about our relationship?" "So you're cutting me off."

(some more dialogue)

Watcher Two: What do you suggest? Partners in the field are one thing, but a Cipher and Keeper--it can't be allowed.

Options in the game files: "Give it a chance." "We need each other." "I don't know why I bother."

Near as I can tell you have to choose these two specific options for it continue. Conisdering the paths that end in the death of the relationship here, I would not be surrprised if there is another option before this that there is only one choice that keeps the relationship alive. When I eventually get to my IA, I'll make sure to be very careul and see if I can figure otu the proper path to get it to stay alive(assuming there is one).

You mgiht want to go ahead and send a bug report in just in case it is bugged, asusming you haven't already.

Are you implying that heterosexual cultures that don't have a homosexual culture are primitive?

Your argument holds no water. This has nothing to do with technology. My point is it is wrong to automatically assume 2012 thinking on every single fantasy setting.

How about this, there were openly homosexual Mandalorians who were married and perfectly functioning members of their society and no one so much as batted an eyelash.

There.

I don't see Watcher Two as a proper romance. It came across more as a one night stand (well, two night stand?) to get over the stress of the situation that both of them are in. Once she becomes Keeper at the start of Act 2 you never get another [Flirt] option aside from a single "Did you miss me?" on Corellia.

Then again, the romances in TOR are poorly written. After maybe three ship conversations with Temple I can admit I love her and the next time she will ask to marry her. Maybe this particular one was rushed because you don't get her until Hoth, but still.

Edited by WhoDaresWins

Hey, I'm at that part on Voss where you marry someone, but I don't know if it'll screw up my companion relationships, does anyone know?

It didn't for me. At least not for Temple. I was in the middle of the Temple romance when I got to that part. I even got affection points during the course of it.

Near as I can tell these are the key options.

Wacher Two: Do what you have to, but do it discreetly. No official sanction.

Options in the game files: "I'll be fine." "What about my team? My life?" "What about our relationship?" "So you're cutting me off."

(some more dialogue)

Watcher Two: What do you suggest? Partners in the field are one thing, but a Cipher and Keeper--it can't be allowed.

Options in the game files: "Give it a chance." "We need each other." "I don't know why I bother."

Near as I can tell you have to choose these two specific options for it continue. Conisdering the paths that end in the death of the relationship here, I would not be surrprised if there is another option before this that there is only one choice that keeps the relationship alive. When I eventually get to my IA, I'll make sure to be very careul and see if I can figure otu the proper path to get it to stay alive(assuming there is one).

You mgiht want to go ahead and send a bug report in just in case it is bugged, asusming you haven't already.

I had this conversation two days ago but I didn't had the option "What about our relationship?"

It must be because I sold her and joined Darth Jadus earlier. It seems I ended my relationship with her when I betrayed her. But no worries, I got what I wanted from her. :D

Now I will "Flirt" my way to Ensign Temple and then I will marry her. And we will have many kids.

I had this conversation two days ago but I didn't had the option "What about our relationship?"

It must be because I sold her and joined Darth Jadus earlier. It seems I ended my relationship with her when I betrayed her. But no worries, I got what I wanted from her. :D

Now I will "Flirt" my way to Ensign Temple and then I will marry her. And we will have many kids.

I didn't get it either and I went the lightside route with Jadus.

I'm surprised to hear that guys get to flirt with watcher 2, she seems like a pretty unpleasant character from my perspective. But maybe I'm just jealous that I never got to flirt with Keeper :p

She's more professional than 'unpleasant'. She comes across as somebody who will play hard but only after she has worked much harder.

Also, Keeper is married. Not that it should stop them giving you a [Flirt] option mind you.

one that is forgotten in your list is Vette's sister, Tiva. You can "sample the goods" before you free her from prostitution in a quest from Vette. Vette disapproves for -30 but when you free her, she approves for +120.

Okay I just got to this poitnt in Vette's personal quest, so I can confirm it(although I felt horrible doing it so I esced out). List is updated to include it now.

Okay, It is officially impossible to do anything with Tala-Reh (sorry for beating this dead horse).

The only way to romance her apparently is to let her live. You can't do this, no matter what you say. If you say "let me go instead!" she goes no matter what and dies.

If you push the Mystic into the hole, she gets angry and then attacks you and you have to kill her.

http://db.darthhater.com/quests/212/visions_of_light_and_darkness/

http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/visions-of-light-and-darkness/6103/

According to this these are the only 2 branches the final quest can take. So I think you should take her off, BW must have removed that romance. Really sad, because I wanted to piss Kira off really badly (When I said her poem was beautiful and that I care about her, I lost affection with Kira, rofl)

PS: Scourge should be romanceable for females, I would literally roll another, female JK just for that.

Oh come now, you can get another round(or a first round) with Rylee Dray as a male Inquisitor near the end of Act 3. At least if I am keeping the one night stands straight in my head. >.>

As for your love life coming to a crahsing halt, around that time you should be starting a companion romance(if you are doing one), so the devs might have assumed that people interested in this sort of thing would have that at later stages of the game. That aside, a drop off isn't universal accross all classes. The male JK gets only 2 one night stands, one around level 7-9 and one around level 47.

How would you even imagine a romance with Khem...duuuuuuuude

How would you even imagine a romance with Khem...duuuuuuuude

O_o Did you quote the wrong post? I didn't even mention Khem in my post, much less imply imagining a romance with him.

Not that I would have any trouble imagining that. I've seen some messed up stuff in my time on the internet. A khem romance would maybe register a 3 on my disturbing scale. A 3.5 for for romancing your former master in his body(can't remember her name).

O_o Did you quote the wrong post? I didn't even mention Khem in my post, much less imply imagining a romance with him.

Not that I would have any trouble imagining that. I've seen some messed up stuff in my time on the internet. A khem romance would maybe register a 3 on my disturbing scale. A 3.5 for for romancing your former master in his body(can't remember her name).

Lol seems I have, hehe , but you mean zash I guess. It's funny how you can hear her age because she really speaks like a grandmother

i think my female IA has had a one night stand on every planet she has been to other than Dromund Kaas..... she is quite the little ****

Is there any consumated encounters after Voss? On Correllia or Ilium? My IA is an insatiable .......

Edited by Dicey