Ilums now dead. Wheres the World PvP?

RichardNoggin

So I guess bioware was having alot of troubles with Ilum and decided to kill it off and make it to where you can do the dailies through WZ's. Thx for making this game exactly like WoW before I left it. Now I get to sit in fleet all day and queue up for WZ's, yeah.

Now I cant join an Ops on Ilum and do some SS vs TM style pvp if I want to because NOONE will be there. Ok, well me and some of my friends or guildies will make a group and roam around Ilum killing people until they get a group and we have a nice battle going on. Nope cant do that either since NOONE will be there.

Well ok since Ilum will be dead now maybe I can get some world PvP through dailies. Funneling imps and repubs together through dailies can be a good way to get some world PvP going. Ah wait the dailies for endgame players are useless so noone does them much so no world PvP that way.

Ok well maybe BW could put the Flashpoint entrances out into the worlds so people will have to travel to them and you could get some world PvP action through that. Nope, they put all the flashpoint entrances on fleet or in bases so you dont get any cross faction interaction at all.

So heres my quetion BW. Wheres the world PvP that you boasted about before launch because I dont see it. All I see is people waiting for queues on fleet for WZ's and there is absolutely no cross faction interactions to start some type of world PvP wich is the same exact thing you do in WoW and is the same exact reason I left it.

If something isnt changed with world PvP and all we are is gonna sit on fleet and wait for queues then im bailing on SWTOR as soon as Guild Wars is released. WoW became really boring because of this so how do you think it will be any different for this game.

with the upcoming legacy super abilities (only available with companions) open world pvp will be dead anyway.

but there was never any chance of open world pvp due to simply technical reasons: the "servers" support far to few players. you cannot expect to have openworld pvp, leveling, pve operations and flashpoints and warzone pvp for level 50 and <50 all with only around 400 players in total on good times.

this is absurd. people are wating for hours to get 4 man together for a flashpoint. a lot of guilds are spamming the chats for recruitment to get enough people for operations.

and during leveling i see an enemy player with luck once in a week.

and illum itself is usually like the moon... empty. and i am on one of the most populated servers.

with the upcoming legacy super abilities (only available with companions) open world pvp will be dead anyway.

but there was never any chance of open world pvp due to simply technical reasons: the "servers" support far to few players. you cannot expect to have openworld pvp, leveling, pve operations and flashpoints and warzone pvp for level 50 and <50 all with only around 400 players in total on good times.

this is absurd. people are wating for hours to get 4 man together for a flashpoint. a lot of guilds are spamming the chats for recruitment to get enough people for operations.

and during leveling i see an enemy player with luck once in a week.

and illum itself is usually like the moon... empty. and i am on one of the most populated servers.

Well I dont know about your server but Ilum was rocking on mine and im Republic. Almost everyday you could go there to find a Ops that will be half full or almost full and Republic is greatly outnumbered on our server like most. Doing SS vs TM style world PvP there. Or me and some friends/guildies would group up and roam around killing stragglers or whoever trying to start bigger fights.

I do agree about finding people for flashpoints but all BW had to do to remedy this is add some type of group finder interface that shows you or groups class/role/lvl/and flashpoint you want to do instead of killing off world PvP to force everyone to fleet.

well, on our server was and still is every day a full op doing daily. but this is only for at most one hour every day. than illum is dead again. and considering how big illum is this one (or sometimes two) ops is, well, in my opinion not much.

i know people here hate comparisons with wow, but in wow the realms where crowded enough so that openpvp was always there if you wanted it, even without any game directives to enforce open pvp.

swtor server are far far far too small. this game is technically enforcing a single or feq multiplayer game. but it is impossible due to technical failure to ever be a massive multiplayer game.

edit: i mean what is the reason for one to chose a pvp server? to have the thrill of meating the enemy during questing and having some open pvp. you know how it was on wow realms when leveling?

but here, well it is like a solo game.

i like the theme and i like many of the partially new ideas in swtor but it fails on so many ways that i do not see any future for swtor. as soon as i played through the various classes and the story elements i'll be gone because there is nothing to stay, especially not enough players!

Edited by me_unknown

well, on our server was and still is every day a full op doing daily. but this is only for at most one hour every day. than illum is dead again. and considering how big illum is this one (or sometimes two) ops is, well, in my opinion not much.

i know people here hate comparisons with wow, but in wow the realms where crowded enough so that openpvp was always there if you wanted it, even without any game directives to enforce open pvp.

swtor server are far far far too small. this game is technically enforcing a single or feq multiplayer game. but it is impossible due to technical failure to ever be a massive multiplayer game.

edit: i mean what is the reason for one to chose a pvp server? to have the thrill of meating the enemy during questing and having some open pvp. you know how it was on wow realms when leveling?

but here, well it is like a solo game.

i like the theme and i like many of the partially new ideas in swtor but it fails on so many ways that i do not see any future for swtor. as soon as i played through the various classes and the story elements i'll be gone because there is nothing to stay, especially not enough players!

WorldPVP in WoW died the minute Flying Mounts were introduced.

BioWare needs to just start combining servers instead of just leaving the 10+ servers with a light population as they are now. The cross server pvp would be nice but I want to be able to do the higher level fps and not have to wait 4 hours to find a group willing to do it.

you are a bit wrong. even highly populated server have too few players!

it is a technical issue: the server do have a far too low max allowed population and they cannot increase it because it would get unplayable.

my server is most times on high population and then it about estimated 400 players in total (both factions counted in). this is a joke!

you have 60-100 of each faction sitting at the fleet and idleing, some of them doing warzones. the rest is distributed over the planets, which means on good times one planet gets at best 20 people of a faction, usually it is 10 or lower.

and then you have a few doing a flashpoint.

how could anyone expect to easily find groups for pve or openworld pvp in 50s or during leveling with that low amount of players?

swtor is at first a technical failure!

Edited by me_unknown

WorldPVP in WoW died the minute Flying Mounts were introduced.

well, i don't want to discuss this. but even if this is true, it lasted longer than it ever could on swtor. in swotor it was already dead before release due to technicall limitations.

Don't blame the hero engine for the inadequacies of SWTOR.

The hero engine can handle 100v100 people battles.

However the issue is that the Hero engine VERSION that Bioware based the game off of was built 4 years ago when DX9 was still the standard. This is why that DX9 install fixed a lot of people's framerate issues. See Bioware just didn't update their codebase with the makers of Hero Engine, which is why the game is still calling for DX9 files and not fully DX10.

The game also has to make a call to the server every time you open a bag or your character sheet, which is why the game lags every time you do that.

The most important factor however is that this game is not 64-bit compiled (no serious gamer is running a 32-bit system anymore - so it is completely Bioware's fault for not compiling it for modern OS's). The fact that it is not 64-bit compiled means that even though your rig has 12 gigs of RAM the game can only address 3.5 gigs of that.

This means that instances take longer to load and less player data can be stored in system RAM before being offloaded for fast rendering to the GPU's much faster VRAM.

This is one of the reasons the view distance is so short in this game. Your computer simply can't store the data in local memory to allow a ton of people on screen at 500m away.

Edited by AidenPryde