Question for Republic

Ferrydust

My republic server lays out a plan more often than not... My imperial server not so much.

Also, on my republic server they run a hell of a lot more premades so literally a lot of the time you'd have 2 4 man's in the same warzone and they would say which groups on what b4 hand.

Having a 50 Imperial (Valor 45) and a 50 Republic (Valor 35) toon that there's no difference between the sides when you queue solo. About half the time people will mention a strategy which may or may not be followed. Maybe a third of the time people will communicate incoming enemies, etc..

The winning matches have much more communication between members than losing ones. Silence is deadly to your own side. If no one says anything at the start I'll pipe up and ask about a basic strategy (for example, "Sides or side+mid?" in ACW). I try to call out incomings when I'm defending. Hopefully those small things will rub off on some new players so that they realize talking helps win.

Yeah, showing by example will never reach a certain type of player, but not everyone is that self-absorbed.

We rarely make any plans (Empire) but lastnight in the lowbie bracket for Civil War we had 1 guy decide to 'lead' everyone.

His plan that everyone (except me and 1 other guy) followed was this:

Entire team goes left and caps it. Then entire team goes mid and caps that. Then entire team goes right and caps that.

I didn't have enough hands for the amount of face palms needed.

Edited by Ferrydust

its mostly talking about why did so and so leave already and I wish we could get a couple more to join ***..........but also alot of the time on my server we do have a plan and do still win alot of alderaan while still missing 1-3 people if they follow the plan.

Usually, one of three things happens:

1. Someone suggests a plan, we discuss it and choose who's going to carry out each part. At least half of the group participates in the discussion. This is my favorite way to start a warzone, and it happens about half the time.

2. Someone suggests a plan and only 1 or 2 people respond (or, even worse, no one responds). A few people act on the plan, the rest engage in vital, mysterious missions elsewhere in the warzone. Sometimes this leads to success, but not too often.

3. No one says anything. When I'm in a warzone, this never happens. I don't especially like to lead, but I will speak up if no one else does. I've seen what happens when we don't coordinate, and it isn't pretty.

Let me ask yall this: when you play the Civil War, what side usually wins?

On my server I would give the Republic this map. Empire fails more often than not on this one.

Edited by Ferrydust

What is chat like when you start a warzone. Specifically. Whenever I play Civil War I imagine that Republic has made a plan. Do they always? Do they at all?

Usually a loose plan is mentioned, that may or may not be listened to.

We rarely make any plans (Empire) but lastnight in the lowbie bracket for Civil War we had 1 guy decide to 'lead' everyone.

His plan that everyone (except me and 1 other guy) followed was this:

Entire team goes left and caps it. Then entire team goes mid and caps that. Then entire team goes right and caps that.

I didn't have enough hands for the amount of face palms needed.

Reminds me of a Civil War I was in. Guy says cap east and west. Wait till half way then zerg mid. Well, they say no plan survives contact with the enemy. Republic bum rushed east with 7 people. the 'leader' was spamming chat with 'Everyone attack grass!" in various forms (with and without all caps). 7 People listened, I guarded our single precious turret. Time ticks by, I scout mid. I wasn't going to be able to kill the tank/dps combo at mid by myself (one of the republic had apparently died on east and on re-spawn, reinforced mid). Then the 'leader' sees the weakly defended mid and shouts 'All mid NOW!!" Which of course all the people at east did, dragging the majority of the republic mob to mid with them.

Result: Nothing was capped, republic won.

Lessons to take away from this: Be flexible in your strategies/tactics. Recognize your opponent's strategies/tactics. Exploit your opponent's strategies/tactics. Be opportunistic when appropriate.

People amaze me all the time. We were getting whooped and I wandered off left, which we had another gaurding, to mid to find 2 of them fighting one of us with an enemy standing on top of the node looking at the battle. I walk up and start capping not expecting to anything but to maybe pull some people off right so we might get a cap. 4 seconds into the cap the enemy on the node runs to help the other 2 so I cap the node and we win.

You have to be flexible in CW.

The new 3 second timers should add some dimension to this wz.

Most of the time we are saying "I hope we get a few more people.".

Seriously, this. ^^

I have both imp and pub characters and the level of organization in Alderaan is generally poor on both sides. I might give just a little bit more of a nod to the pub side for organization simply because many times we roll with just 6 peeps in a group. The smaller size does tend to make us a bit more coherent (i.e., even n00bs know to move as a pack so they don't die as often).