Marauder Buffs 1.2 ?!!

Audenlol

If anything, BW will act like Blizzard and be asbolute carebears about Marauders and Sentinels and lower the skillcap immensely for all the ppl QQing about Marauders and Sentinels being too hard to play. I sure hope this doesn't happen though since I really enjoy my class as it is (though I want Force Push like Juggernauts have and Force Choke to become Force Grip seeing as every other class seem to have 2-4 different stuns)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get burn and internal crits to heal 2%. Berserk makes them 1%. The OP said crits now heal 3%... I don't know if thats:

A. a change to Berserk, from 1% to 3%

B. a change in the tree, from 2% to 3%

C. all the time, from 0% to 3%

Sooo now, going berserk gets you 18% hp and 6% hp to the whole party:

1% per tick from Berserk + 2% per tick from talent = 3% per tick x 6 stacks of berserk = 18%

If A is the case:

That's 3% from Berserk + 2% per tick from talent = 5% per tick x 6 stacks of berserk = 30% hp

If B is the case:

That's 1% from Berserk + 3% per tick from talent = 4% per tick x 6 stacks of berserk = 24% hp

Now for the most OP and most unlikely, C:

That's 3% from change + 1% from berserk + 2% from talent = 6% per tick x 6 stacks of berserk = 36% hp! Use the full Fury thingy and do this again with DS, and then Rupture seperately/Get Vicious Slash and anni to proc Rupture, and that's 72% HP! Although as I said, case C most likely will not be the actual case.

1. Increasing the heal on crit DOTs "from 1% to 3%" (whatever that means, since the talent is 1%/2% and Berserk is 1%/party is retarded. Unless, of course, they remove or nerf one of the mentioned heals. Remove the talent and buff Berserk to 3%, or remove the heal on Berserk and buff the talent to 3/6% (although it should be 2/4% in that case).

2. The RNG on Annihilate is retarded. No one wants to wait 75+ seconds for a proc. Unless Annihilate is spammable / 2r. Even then it's retarded. No one wants to wait 20+ seconds for a proc. Sigh. HEY GUYZ LEZ ADD MOAR ARE EN GEE 4 BETTAR PVP LAWLZ>>>

^ Does not like people that are retarded.

< Curious why he's still playing SWTOR.

Edited by getdownsb

Bear in mind that all marauder healing suffers the 30% base debuff in pvp. If there is an increase in self heals from dots, its not going to make that much of a difference...everyone putting these percent numbers in bold with exclamation points seem to be forgetting that little tidbit.

everyone putting these percent numbers in bold with exclamation points seem to be forgetting that little tidbit.

Don't forget the tidbit about expertise recovering a good fraction of Trauma, or the expertise adrenal recovering pretty much all of it.

Or the fact that even with Trauma, the healing in Anni is pretty potent, so any buff still falls within the characterizations made so far.

Don't forget the tidbit about expertise recovering a good fraction of Trauma, or the expertise adrenal recovering pretty much all of it.

Or the fact that even with Trauma, the healing in Anni is pretty potent, so any buff still falls within the characterizations made so far.

I suppose....my marauder isn't 50 yet, but close. In the 40's the self healing is negligible. On the other hand, annihilation marauders are easy kills for my 50 shadow (kinetic). I don't see them as overpowered at all.

I suppose....my marauder isn't 50 yet, but close. In the 40's the self healing is negligible. On the other hand, annihilation marauders are easy kills for my 50 shadow (kinetic). I don't see them as overpowered at all.

If your running into mara's trying to chop down a shadow or assassin, they're doing it wrong. Unless its a 1v1 node defense/assault situation, I never go after saber staffs. As far as mara buffs, I would think carnage is what their talking about. Anna, rage is fine as is. Anna is godly in the hands of a good player. It's def not faceroll like my merc.

Many mara are just massive failures at their rotation. You can see them around the forum crying for warrior buff and trooper/consular/smuggler nerf.

When they get berserk on with their defensive cooldowns up, you notice the difference. Its not as if a true healer was countering you, but still, they buy 1 more attack to hit you with, and they don't need to stop the damage onslaught to trigger it.

If your running into mara's trying to chop down a shadow or assassin, they're doing it wrong. Unless its a 1v1 node defense/assault situation, I never go after saber staffs. As far as mara buffs, I would think carnage is what their talking about. Anna, rage is fine as is. Anna is godly in the hands of a good player. It's def not faceroll like my merc.
Whaaaat? I kill shadow/assassins all the time. In fact good ones are priority targets since they can do so much damage to your team. If you know what you are doing they can be a fair fight, it's just tough when they get a string of crits.

And yes, if any tree needs a buff it's carnage. I wouldn't even call it a buff tho. The tree needs to be rebalanced, since when it works it is fantastic. It's just SUPER easy to shut down a carnage marauder when they should be doing a good chunk of their DPS. I actually don't think it would take that much. Change the gore buff from lasting 6 sec to giving a 15 sec stacking buff that lasts for the next 6-7 attacks.

Edited by CaptainBarbosa

abilities i hope we get

1. force push

2. for anni an ability that erupts the bleeds on the target to cause mass dmg

3. for carnage make ataru not so bad. honestly imo the proc rate is horrid and able to be shut down so easily

4. for anni a castable ability that has some range that causes bleeding in the head of the target which slows the target plus puts a high dmg bleed on them (just seems kool)

as for jugg

i really hope they make a defensive ability that causes you to hunker down for 10 seconds using the force to move your lightsaber around you. would be an awesome animation imo.

Honestly the only buff I can see us getting is a sustained PvE DPS buff which can easily be achieved by making Annihilate more available by making the CD reduction of the Annihilator buff more potent. Currently we're outmatched compared to snipers, mercs, PTs, etc. The only classes we seem to beat in sustained damage are Sorcerers and Juggernauts. A pure DPS class IMO shouldn't be in the lower tiers in terms of damage. I'm not saying we need to be top DPS but we should be roughly equivalent to the upper DPS classes.

Carnage obviously also needs a massive rework or buff.

Carnage obviously also needs a massive rework or buff.

Gore should NOT be an ability, but rather a triggered effect off of Blood Frenzy. Something like Ravage would trigger it during Blood Frenzy. That way it is a natural part of our rotation dependent on our cooldown cycle. This would remove one GCD requirement on our "Max DPS" rotation, so our natural progression would be Massacre > Ravage > Force Scream instead of Gore > Massacre > Ravage > Force Scream.

Removing that one GCD would really improve Carnage.

Edited by Garroda

They obviously got the idea for Gore off of Colossus Smash but they failed miserably at understanding exactly what made it such a fun ability in WoW. Arms warriors were based on high burst and periods of lower sustained damage. Carnage is based on consistently pounding targets with a flurry of sustained attack(hello massacre spam) and Gore is an absolutely stupid mechanic for the spec.

Whaaaat? I kill shadow/assassins all the time. In fact good ones are priority targets since they can do so much damage to your team. If you know what you are doing they can be a fair fight, it's just tough when they get a string of crits.

And yes, if any tree needs a buff it's carnage. I wouldn't even call it a buff tho. The tree needs to be rebalanced, since when it works it is fantastic. It's just SUPER easy to shut down a carnage marauder when they should be doing a good chunk of their DPS. I actually don't think it would take that much. Change the gore buff from lasting 6 sec to giving a 15 sec stacking buff that lasts for the next 6-7 attacks.

Ehh different strokes I guess. I usually have one of our mercs try and burn them down so I can concentrate on healers. I'm not saying I can't kill em, but they can get difficult depending on what spec they're running. I kind of agree with the carnage assessment, whatever the case, they Need some love.

Change the gore buff from lasting 6 sec to giving a 15 sec stacking buff that lasts for the next 6-7 attacks.

6-7 attacks at 100% armor pen... uh no. If anything Gore should be reworked to do the damage it currently does and make your next 3 attacks have 100% armor pen and take it off the GCD.

6-7 attacks at 100% armor pen... uh no. If anything Gore should be reworked to do the damage it currently does and make your next 3 attacks have 100% armor pen and take it off the GCD.

Keep in mind that, depending on the way it's coded, "6-7 attacks" will mean only the attack itself, not the Ataru form procs for example. Numbers can always be tweaked. I think the point here is the nature of the buff, not the precise numbers.

Personally, I'm in favor of taking Gore off the GCD, or significantly buffing its base damage (to Obliterate levels for example). Refunding the rage cost via Enraged Slash would also be pretty nifty.

Remove gore's damage..take it off the GCD.

Put in a 2 point talent to reduce the cooldown to 9 seconds. Or add that to unbound..or just make unbound good.

Fix ataru hitbox bug and up the damage of ataru procs by a tad (5-8%)

Really those are the only things I feel would need to be made to carnage to make it viable.

Edited by Foxcolt

In that case I want a 5k instant heal like sorcs/sages have.

My sorc have a 5k instant heal? Damn why wasn't I told!!! (dps sorc have it on 2,5 sec cast at best)

Gore 6 sec is there so you can get berserk-massacre imo. Taking it off the GCD however makes sense.

If its x number of attack, it kinda defeat the ataru form berserk purpose.

i heard they are going to remove the 99% reduce damage.

Someone knows if its true?

Heard where? Don't scare me like that!:(

Just 3 attacks would make beserk + massacre pointless and a huge nerf. Edited by CaptainBarbosa