Anyone else outraged about not being able to change character species?

Clayburn

So, they're rolling out new species, but the problem is that we don't get additional character slots AND we can't do a one-time change to current characters. That means if you want to play one of the new species, your main can never be it unless you delete, and if you've already got 8 characters, it's delete time.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, they're rolling out new species, but the problem is that we don't get additional character slots AND we can't do a one-time change to current characters. That means if you want to play one of the new species, your main can never be it unless you delete, and if you've already got 8 characters, it's delete time.

Where did you see they're rolling out new species? I knew they were playing around with current species/class combinations, but I missed the new species part.

Am I misunderstanding you here? If not, what new species?

(please say Rodian)

Some good news....they will "eventually" allow name changing (legacy and player name), so I could change my main to the name of an alt, and then create a new main as the desired species without losing all the work from my main. Not ideal, but a workaround I guess.

Being able to change races is not something any game has ever done before, why would SWTOR do it?

When WoW came out with blood elfs and blue guys, you couldn't change races then.

You have 8 slots per server, with a max of 50 slots, fail to see the issue here.

There is no precedent to allow people to change an existing race into a new one.

Perhaps in the future using a paid system, but it is not the fault of BW that you have used all your available character slots.

You may have more success petitioning for additional character slots than asking for a free race change.

BW do nothing for free.

Where did you see they're rolling out new species? I knew they were playing around with current species/class combinations, but I missed the new species part.

(please say Rodian)

I haven't heard what races are unlock-able either and would like a list as well.

(please say Rodian)

With the Legacy system, they'll let you choose new species (maybe not entirely new, but cross class species).

There is no precedent to allow people to change an existing race into a new one.

Perhaps in the future using a paid system, but it is not the fault of BW that you have used all your available character slots.

You may have more success petitioning for additional character slots than asking for a free race change.

BW do nothing for free.

Obviously, you wouldn't want to let people change all willy-nilly, but when creating my characters, I didn't have the options that will be available. So, John wasn't supposed to bea Twi'lek, he just didn't have a choice. When new species are introduced, a one-time change option should be allowed.

I'm not outraged at all, actually quite pleased to have new species. They said it was in the works long time ago when they started mentioning the Legacy thing, that is why I haven't started playing alts and just made them as name holders.

Obviously, you wouldn't want to let people change all willy-nilly, but when creating my characters, I didn't have the options that will be available. So, John wasn't supposed to bea Twi'lek, he just didn't have a choice. When new species are introduced, a one-time change option should be allowed.

I cannot see your point, no other game offers this service for free.

I don't think that you will find BW willing to do so either.

Nor do i think you will find much support for your plight.

No im not outraged, I never expected trhem to allow us to change species, as you can see in my sig I have 7 level 50's and working on the 8th now, I am disappointed that there is no more slots available through legacy, but I kinda expected that too.

Edited by System_TOR

But that defeats the point to the legacy system. They've said one of the main goals of the legacy system is to make it more fun for folks to roll alts. Your level 50 opens up his/her race for all alts. Letting a level 50 change race would negate a primary reason they implemented the system in the first place.

I could get behind a request for an additional character slot, but I personally think a race-change would be a bad idea.

Just my opinion.

Outraged no. Disappointed yes... just means a bit of wasted time on some alts I'll be deleting once I get new race options.

Being able to change races is not something any game has ever done before, why would SWTOR do it?

When WoW came out with blood elfs and blue guys, you couldn't change races then.

You have 8 slots per server, with a max of 50 slots, fail to see the issue here.

But you can race change in wow, can't you?

Survey says?

X

WoW does indeed let you change this. They didn't when BC was released, but have since added this as an option, among other things.

That said, it would be more difficult in SWTOR, as this is a story driven MMO, where race/species plays a part. I have no doubt that it will be something we can do eventually, but I seriously doubt we'll see it right away.

Edited by Valethar

No. Race is only a cosmetic thing in this game anyway.

no...humans get to do that annoying rally thing. It's a totally functional difference and frequently a game-changer.

Without the ability to force people to throw their hands in the air like they just don't care, the game as we know it would cease to exist.

Outraged? People die all over the world and we say nothing. A computer game doesn't do what we want when we want it and we are outraged? Truly sad.

First world problems yo.

Not outraged at all. I would have been pleasantly surprised if there was a race respec, but oh well.

Its why I;m still holding off rolling a merc until they add trandoshians or rodians.