Sith Pureblood Jedi Knight...?

Exen_Dar

Having just seen one in the 1.2 video, i have to say.........really, bioware? I thought you guys were so much more into keeping the game "themed" than that.

Dont get me wrong, EVERYthing else in 1.2 is brilliant. But allowing Sith pureblood jedis to run around republic side is one MAJOR way to ruin immersion.

For instance - why did you bother stopping us from allowing BHers to wear Republic Commando armor traded via the Nar Shaddaa Trade Market if you're goint to allow Sith Purebloods as Jedi.

Chiss as Smugglers? That aint a stretch of the imagination.

Mirilukan Sith obviously isnt.

But honest........ Pureblood Jedi? There are SO many people on the non-official forums right now wondering if this marks a new turning point in your strategy regarding theming of the game.

An when there's 1000s of them running about?

There's a reason they didnt allow orcs in WoW alliance side, or to play an elf in monster play in LotRO.

One off characters are usually consigned to Quest characters, and dont make a population.

In Star Wars Galaxies, SoE just didnt care. And what did we have? 1000s of jedi running amok in the A New Hope era of SW.

It was yet another nail in that game's coffin, and i love SWTOR i just dont want to see you guys go down the same route.

Thankyou for everything else in 1.2 though.

Edited by Exen_Dar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it is impossible to believe that out of all the sith Purebloods, thousands, millions, billions or how ever many there have been, that 1 would disagree in the ways of the Sith, rather not serve the Sith and prefer to ally themselves with the Jedi teachings?"

People need to learn to be less narrow sighted

There's a reason they didnt allow orcs in WoW alliance side, or to play an elf in monster play in LotRO.

One off characters are usually consigned to Quest characters, and dont make a population.

Edited by Exen_Dar

Because it is impossible to believe that out of all the sith Purebloods, thousands, millions, billions or how ever many there have been, that 1 would disagree in the ways of the Sith, rather not serve the Sith and prefer to ally themselves with the Jedi teachings?"

^This, thats like saying all Nazis in WW 2 were evil and just plain bad..when in truth that wasn't the case.

Works great if someone wants to roleplay a redeemed sith warrior for example...

I wouldn't, but I'm just pointing it out.

I agree.

I think the OP fails to acknowledge that the time track for this game, and the resulting lore elements, is different then the original Lucas universe (which SWG was based on).

OP, in this time line, Sith fall from trees like ripe oranges. They are not scarce, rare, nor numbly mindwashed to be pro-imperial. So it's natrual for some to fall on the Republic side of the orchard.

And Jedi breed like rabbits in the spring time too.

You need to adjust your lore perception to thousands of years before SW-A New Hope.

Play a Jedi Knight and you'll see at least two Republic Sith force users.

Again, read replies before commenting...

one would be okay.

hundreds would be boring and contrived.

hundreds would be boring and contrived.

Hundreds would actually be quite logical, when you consider that there's several billion Sith in existence right now, perhaps even trillions. So to have .001% of them work for the Republic is far from a huge stretch.

Based on the cliff notes information about the Legacy system that IGN posted in their most recent article, race unlocks are based on the player. If you have a Chiss character and you level it to 50th, then Chiss becomes a permanently unlocked race for every class and faction on your account (for that server). Eventually a person could theoretically unlock every since race in the game if they wanted to constantly make new alts and possibly delete characters after they had been used for the unlock slot.

Lore aside, it's an interesting concept. These are really just cosmetic changes, which I'm normally all in favor of. Now people can have the Chiss Sith characters that they've been wanting. Or if someone is willing to play on both factions, then they could eventually have a Chiss Smuggler or something like that. From a visual concept, I think that this could have a lot of potential.

It's ok.

Nobody plays Sith pureblood on Empire, why would they start playing pureblood on Republic?

Actually, it's not ok. But the likelyhood this will affect anyone at all is really low, considering that I never see any purebloods on my server, all Sith are humans or cyborgs.

Edited by Grotpar

Having just seen one in the 1.2 video, i have to say.........really, bioware? I thought you guys were so much more into keeping the game "themed" than that.

Dont get me wrong, EVERYthing else in 1.2 is brilliant. But allowing Sith pureblood jedis to run around republic side is one MAJOR way to ruin immersion.

For instance - why did you bother stopping us from allowing BHers to wear Republic Commando armor traded via the Nar Shaddaa Trade Market if you're goint to allow Sith Purebloods as Jedi.

Chiss as Smugglers? That aint a stretch of the imagination.

Mirilukan Sith obviously isnt.

But honest........ Pureblood Jedi? There are SO many people on the non-official forums right now wondering if this marks a new turning point in your strategy regarding theming of the game.

In Star Wars Galaxies, SoE just didnt care. And what did we have? 1000s of jedi running amok in the A New Hope era of SW.

It was yet another nail in that game's coffin, and i love SWTOR i just dont want to see you guys go down the same route.

Thankyou for everything else in 1.2 though.

Yes because we all know that a sith pureblood would never defect to the other side.... (sigh)

For all the people saying "It would be fine seeing 1 but not 1000"

For starters how many do you see on the imp side? I think i have seen 1 or 2 in the past month.

And look at it this, there could be 1000 of the purebloods wanting to defect but are afraid to take the step because they think they are alone, when all of a sudden 1 defects, which inspires 1 or 2 more to, and then they inspire more, etc etc etc.

Also how does giving somebody another option of a race ruin your fun? If you don't want to be a Pureblood "Sith" Jedi knight, nobody is holding a gun to your head going "PICK THE BLOODY PUREBLOOD OR ELSE!"

There aren't even thousands of total players running around on your server. How would there be thousands of sith jedi?

Keep it in perspective please.

^This, thats like saying all Nazis in WW 2 were evil and just plain bad..when in truth that wasn't the case.

Of course we need to bring the Nazis into this...and this makes no sense that they would allow Sith Pureblood as Jedi Knights...playing on an RP sever I won't be suprised when I see random Prueblood Sith running around with their melted faces! Gah! No! Anyways...of all of them, this is really the only one I totally disagree with. And let's not bring Nazis into this, hm?

Don't bother OP. You will be assailed with the ridiculous argument that "there will always be some of a race that crosses sides"(and they will all be on fleet at the same time I presume?:rolleyes:) or "it's just fluff, let people play how they want!".

I am really disappointed that so few in this community give a poop about the integrity of the game, and having faction identity.