[Panel Discussion] State of the Game (10:30AM CST)

Its going to be interesting to see how they keep it balanced now that we'll be able to cross class abilities. (probably only certain ones of course)

My guess is they will only be usable in solo pve content to aid leveling alts

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not approve of them stating that the State of the Game is all good. There is a severe lack of people on many of the servers even during primetime. This idea of 2 million subscribers makes me wonder if I misunderstood math during my days in school because having 100 or less online on the fleets straight through 17-22 PM every day makes me feel a bit sceptical.

These are numbers taken from the European Scepter of Ragnos server, Empire side.

I'm afraid you are working under misinformation. I just watched multiple people misquote that number. It is not 2 million subscribers, it is 2 million games sold. Just because a game sold, that does not mean those people who purchased the game are still actively subscribing.

The very first thing I thought when they gave that number, was that sales are actually irrelevant in a MMO, it's the current subscibers number that really tells you if the MMO is successful or not. If you truly wish to make relevant statements about their business model, it would be more accurate to state that it seems like a poor marketing ploy for them to emphasize copies sold rather than subscriptions still active. It's just typical advertiser double-talk and obfuscation by tossing out a red herring fact to distract you from what would be the actual relevant number from a financial growth and longevity standpoint.

I feel pretty sad that within bare minutes after that fact was reported, at least tens of people instantly got their facts wrong and misquoted it.

The exact statement James Ohlen made is:

"So! how has The Old Republic been doing? Really well in fact. We're the fastest-growing subscription game in North America. We've already sold past two million copies. "

SHIPS will gain affection? Whaaaaaa?

That flyby on the presentation grabbed my attention too.

Ship DROIDS will gain affection.

I'm guessing C2-N2 and his counterpart will now take Tech gifts (someone said in beta there were a couple of things he liked... Tech and... cultural I think?)

My guess is they will only be usable in solo pve content to aid leveling alts

I sure do hope so. Or better yet, can't be used on players both same rep and emp.

With that I end my future rant about the cross-skill system. hahaha

Warzone: Novare Coast

Operation: Explosive Conflict

Flashpoint: Lost Island

Expanded legacy system (legacy family tree, legacy abilities, legacy unlocks, legacy species unlocks)

Advanced options (UI customization, Improved character textures, appearance customization, mission tracker useables)

Additional features (warzone rankings, new corellia daily missions, new mini pets, guild banks, new gear, New Vehicles, Craftable Augments, New Crafting Schematics, Extractable Tier 2 Mods, New Lightsaber Colors, Ship Droids Gain Affection, Legacy Item Drops, New Roleplay Emotes.)

I'm guessing C2-N2 and his counterpart will now take Tech gifts (someone said in beta there were a couple of things he liked... Tech and... cultural I think?)

Oh gosh. Can we get negative affection so that they want to leave us? ;)

I'm scared of the cross-class skills :(

I hope they put some good regulation for it :( dun wanna run around seeing sorcs hide, juggs do insane DPS, etc. It's just gamebreaking IMO :(

An operative that can have the ability to sprint? Sign me up for that!

Lol yeah I took a second look. I was intrigued at first - I wonder what their craft/mission skill bonuses will be?

About the cross-skill thing, it was already hinted at last week in an interview :

1.2, anything exclusive? What can I say without getting in trouble? Next week, we'll be able to say a lot more about it. If you have a Smuggler who is your father and you're a Jedi Knight, you'll be able to kick someone in the nads. That's a special ability. Is that exclusive for you?

It's the last question at the end before the user comments.

Mailbox and training dummies are nice adds though but IMO, coloring your gear = EPIC win >:D

@ice - you mean the 2-3 sec speed bost? not the buff. Force speed was the name i think for sorcs.

Edited by Gaskarth

Im not entirely sure why but when thinking of my new Sith race jedi toons I started laughing diabolicly. My Bloodwolf family will reign supreme. I have waited for the "other races for other classes" before I made any non sith toons so I can have a full sith family.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.