Guild Summit General Discussion

One would assume that if my Juggernaut wants a flamethrower I would need to level a Bounty Hunter.

But you are assuming things we just don't know for sure yet.

Maybe that Juggernaut beat up a bounty hunter and took his wristlowjackamator.

Edited by Gojant

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-shrugs-

It wasn't meant to be serious. You're reaction comes across as being insecure in your opinion so you have to reinforce that you are right.

But my statement isn't a "right" or "wrong" statement. It was simply offering possible ways that they could explain it. Not sure where you getting the "insecure" aspect either. We're just having a conversation.

No it's cool I'm just dealing with a bit of Chaos guild side.....I truly wish they would have had the panel explained about the Smuggler force choking people before they showed the video because there are a lot of angry and confused people right now.

Or perhaps a quick statement (To quell the speculation) before they broke for the tour.

They had to have known that showing the Smuggler using a force choke would result in a panic threads. It has happened with just about everything announced so why not try to quell the feelings now?

But my statement isn't a "right" or "wrong" statement. It was simply offering possible ways that they could explain it. Not sure where you getting the "insecure" aspect either. We're just having a conversation.

Lets let it drop, I was just joking around in my post, you claimed you knew it was a joke, yet felt you had to correct my joke for some reason. -shrugs- I guess I don't understand why you'd need to post something serious to me if you knew I was joking. I mean, do you sit around and correct people when you watch sit-coms?

Edited by Vydor_HC

Conjecture is a pointless waste of time really. I'd rather not fly into a panic over things I don't even know yet, personally. I'm just going to button tight and take a load off and relax til more details are available before I worry.

One would assume that if my Juggernaut wants a flamethrower I would need to level a Bounty Hunter.

just re-watched the vid and in the family tree there are a few 50's a 20- and a level 1, so i dont think it matters what level the toon is, but until we find out more later cant be 100% sure

You're almost right. They don't have classes. Instead they are called Professions. They are very unique and distinct however.

Yup. Professions are pretty much Classes. What they've done instead is not tied the Tank>DPS>Heals Trinity to specific classes. Anyone can heal or tank or dps depending on how you allocate your points.

If there is nothing to watch don't post a panel time on the website, and then make it sound like on the webcast that we do not get to see it because we didn't go to texas.

It is not fair, they are having a q and a session at least thats what it sounded like we should be able to watch as well.

This ^^

This should help clear up some concerns people have about cross class abilities.

Thank you very much.

From the article:

"A Bounty Hunter won't suddenly turn into a Force-wielding super user. Every class has a heroic moment ability which requires the presence of a companion to activate. Only by using these heroic moment abilities will you be able to access the cross-class Legacy abilities. That essentially means you can only use the abilities out in the questing world; they're locked out when you're in a full group or in a PvP Warzone."

guys go to http://www.ign.com and read the swtor article there about 1.2. James says that you will only be able to use inherited skills in quest situations or "Heroic Moments". You will need a companion present to use the skills. So you will NOT be able to use these in warzones or raids. I think the system is just dumb as a whole but this should settle your feelings about imbalance and classes feeling unique.

Other Legacy unlocks will not be available until you've leveled a class to 50, however. Such is the case with unlocking new skills. Do you wish your Bounty Hunter could shoot Force lightning? After 1.2, if you relate the Bounty Hunter to a level 50 Inquisitor, it'll be possible, though with some significant limitations.

Okay welcome to NGE folks. :(

Other Legacy unlocks will not be available until you've leveled a class to 50, however. Such is the case with unlocking new skills. Do you wish your Bounty Hunter could shoot Force lightning? After 1.2, if you relate the Bounty Hunter to a level 50 Inquisitor, it'll be possible, though with some significant limitations.

you need to keep reading you pancake!

Lets let it drop, I was just joking around in my post, you claimed you knew it was a joke, yet felt you had to correct my joke for some reason. -shrugs- I guess I don't understand why you'd need to post something serious to me if you knew I was joking. I mean, do you sit around and correct people when you watch sit-coms?

I promise from here on out, if I reply to you I'll add lol's and :D's to indicate that I'm not sitting here with a furrowed brow intent on disproving your jokes. :D ;p

so glad my guild isn't full of drama queens who chicken little every time they don't understand something.

It's not chicken little this is ridiculous and unnecessary to grow the game I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I don't pvp. I am an explorer. A part of me thinks having a legacy skill from another class on my character would be fun. However, a larger part of me feels like they are butchering what makes classes unique. I will see how it pans out, but first impression of the legacy system has not hyped me for it. Really I just kind of shook my head and thought " There is no way they would do that."

guys go to http://www.ign.com and read the swtor article there about 1.2. James says that you will only be able to use inherited skills in quest situations or "Heroic Moments". You will need a companion present to use the skills. So you will NOT be able to use these in warzones or raids. I think the system is just dumb as a whole but this should settle your feelings about imbalance and classes feeling unique.

Thank GOD! That's what fear alleviated.

I'm not a pancake

and I did...it still sucks.

I agree but its not AS bad as it could have been. The whole idea is just dumb, nobody asked for it. It doesn't affect anything significant however. You no like pancakes?

Talk about a mis-quote... Keep reading that article.

I really wish the MMO crowd would stop being so dramatic and bring up the NGE every time any MMO implements a change they do not like.

I'm not a pancake

and I did...it still sucks.

They are butchering what makes classes unique.

It doesn't butcher anything... It's for use while leveling, that's it. It has no effect on parts of the game where balance and fair play come into question.

Don't like the abilities? Don't use them then while questing. Problem solved.