Day of having Rivals from your server sill SOON be over

Lrdprimus

with Xrealm games coming out the days of seeing the same people in your games will be over.

Vanilla wow was so nice fighting against the same people over and over and getting to know how they play and winning some/losing some. These days are behind us yet again.

rating games will destroy swtor if they come out now because this game is beyond imbalanced and resolve is a joke.

I love this game and im saying that playing a DPS valor rank 75 Jugg.

Rivals are so much fun it will be missed.

Lrdprimus

Kinwrath Spider

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

with Xrealm games coming out the days of seeing the same people in your games will be over.

Vanilla wow was so nice fighting against the same people over and over and getting to know how they play and winning some/losing some. These days are behind us yet again.

rating games will destroy swtor if they come out now because this game is beyond imbalanced and resolve is a joke.

Lrdprimus

Kinwrath Spider

I CAN'T FKING WAIT!!!!!

This game needs x-realm so bad. It's usually the bads that worm their way into a small tight nit group and get carried...once the competition goes global they fade into the sunset...

Just like once rated PvP comes out and people have to earn their titles it will show who the real "Battlemasters" are...cuz right now that title is the same as the purple ribbon fail kids get in sports for participation.

Edited by Kurfer

I like the fact that we know our opponents. I miss that in WoW. Before you knew who your nemesis was. You knew your enemy. Once it goes cross-realm all that is lost.

On the other hand, it'll basically be an instant queue for everyone although my server isn't that bad which is why I would rather stick to realm based pvp.

I CAN'T FKING WAIT!!!!!

This game needs x-realm so bad. It's usually the bads that worm their way into a small tight nit group and get carried...once the competition goes global they fade into the sunset...

Just like once rated PvP comes out and people have to earn their titles it will show who the real "Battlemasters" are...cuz right now that title is the same as the purple ribbon fail kids get in sports for participation.

I dont know what you think will change , actually , with this free valor for everyone in 1.1.5 , everyone and their mother will get pvp titles in light speed.

Cross Servers change nothing , rated might.

yeah what killed pvp in WOW for me was each time I signed up for pvp was playing against ppl I had never seen before, old rivals vanished and pvp became less personal and more about grind wich is why I´m quitting when they implement x-realm.

Lrdprimus

Kinwrath Spider

There are some good ones on Kinrath too

Lrdprimus

Kinwrath Spider

I hate the idea of mixing the servers for PvP. So much for community building. GG SWTOR....G'fn'G.

I hate the idea of mixing the servers for PvP. So much for community building. GG SWTOR....G'fn'G.

Yea, I am truely disappointed in their decision to ruin server pvp community.

As it is on dark reaper when I queue up I usually know at least half my team from many games past.

You can build your nemesises anew in the rated WZs- which don't make any sense without crossserver. You want competitive PvP and 8man queues (talking to the ppl who don't want to roflstomp pugs with 8man). Thats xservers.

Can't have it all... life is about compromises.

You can build your nemesises anew in the rated WZs- which don't make any sense without crossserver. You want competitive PvP and 8man queues (talking to the ppl who don't want to roflstomp pugs with 8man). Thats xservers.

Can't have it all... life is about compromises.

It's an extremely large possibly game ruining compromise.

It's an extremely large possibly game ruining compromise.

Half of the people want arenas, competitive PvP etc. The server communities are too small for that, 8mans won't make much sense if there is only 5 or 6 teams.

In Rift (with xservers, 3-4 servers a pool), I still had my nemesises, knew which pres were good and which were bad.

It doesn't necessarily have to become an completely annonymous grind like in WoW (and it probably won't as the servers in swtor are much smaller, and 3-4 swtor servers in a pool would probably be the best).

yeah, I've gotten used to seeing familiar faces in my groups...I'll miss that. But I won't miss not being able to find a match past 3am so it's worth it I guess.

On the 2 servers I play on, I can honestly say I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a match.

Is it really such a widespread problem?

Cross server warzones I believe is for the better good of the game.

I work late and really cant get on during "normal hours". It'd be nice to not have to wait forever in queue.

And fighting constantly different opponents with different playstyles constantly keeps me on my toes.

WoW implementing this obviously didn't kill the game for Blizzard.

On the 2 servers I play on, I can honestly say I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a match.

Is it really such a widespread problem?

during peak times yeah it's fast queues....late at night/early in morning you can't even pull together enough people for a huttball match sometimes.

I posted a suggestion in another thread: Have the cross server pvp be a toggle option. You toggle on you're que'd up globally. Toggle off and you're que'd in your local server pool.

Simple...effective and it is a GREAT compromise.

Anyone who says Xrealm will ruin the game is honestly being a drama queen. I LOVED WoW in the good ole days , having rivalries was extremely fun seeing people run from you because they knew who you were was lolzy however the increased competition that Xrealm brought was more fun than all of that.

Xrealm will be a good thing, challenging yourself vs new players / groups is a good thing. It's like watching the same TV show day in and day out, you might love it but it gets boring if you don't ever watch anything else.