best pvp class for pvp server ?

mmjarec

• 2 weeks later...

idk why the OP is saying that melee is pretty much useless up and down his post and asking what is best.... you clearly have an opinion on the matter so why not just go with that if you feel so strongly that melee is not as good or unable to kill other classes, just play one of those other classes and shush.

but on the real at lvl 50 what ever you experienced before hand is out the window, sent/marauder are able to hold there own against any class if played well, yes you can get rooted ext but if you use your abilities in the right way it does not become an issue as with all classes and what has already been stated in here player not class blah blah.

bottom line if you really want to play a melee class you could go with any and be fine at lvl 50 it all comes down to play style that you feel most comfortable with...

Scoundrels/Operatives - this is for you if you like to **** people out of stealth but will get ***** if caught out of stealth

sentinel/marauder - very high dmg output with some self-healing(dependent on spec) and good CDs but hard to find a way out of a fight once it starts

assassin/shadow - depending on spec you can sit there out lasting your target or trying to kill them before they kill you. (personally as vanguard one of the more annoying classes to fight)

juggernaut/guardian - good dmg(not as good as other melee classes however) good survivability(better then most all melee classes) and highly mobile.

vanguard/powertech (they are kinda a melee/range hybrid) have good survivability but are not purely melee you will be doing a lot of hit and run type of stuff(personally I play assault and tend not to be in melee that often but the other 2 trees are more melee friendly)

TL: DR as stated before PLAYER not class pick whatever fits your preferred plays style, all the classes are good if played well and able to top meters.

Edited by sunam

i enjoy whatever is good, please quit telling me that. i dont have a playstyle, i adapt to pwn in pvp. i know there are classes that are better than others at pvp.

if the caster healer was that OP then they would have already said something about it to prepare a nerf, they arent stupid enough to nerf hardcore right at launch.

so... nobody can really predict if they are going to nerf it or not and its a risk i'm willing to take i just want to hear the facts about whats good and whats not please.

Wow. Nice to see one of you guys finally admit this. I never enjoyed playing from the lady's tees myself...don't understand how you can.

By the way when you roll the OP class...you are not "pwning"..everyone knows you suck and need a handicap. Just thought you should be made aware of this.

Traditionally pvp server are full of rogue type characters.

Traditionally tanks counter these characters

Simple logic, I used in rift and I hardly ever died to a rogue.

my rogue was a tank......existential crisis.....just pwn everyone.

Play what you want, you'll hardly ever see anyone anyway, at leaast from the other faction. Stealth classes own in world pvp as they get to gank.

Play an assassin, at 50 with good gear you will crush everyone, you don't have to fear the nerf bat since everyone hates ops not assassin, and you still have everything you need to pug and open world pvp effectively. You can also respec tank and get groups for FPs

I've been playing since prelaunch and this is what I've found to be true:

play a sorc if you want good dps ability and good healing ability

play a merc if you want great dps ability, good tanking ability, and good healing ability

play a ops if you want insane dps ability from stealth, ok tanking ability, and good escape options so you can heal up

play a jugg if you want great survivability, and good dps ability

play a dps specced sin for great dps ability and good escape ability

All classes seem to have a counter class that will destroy them in pvp with mercs and ops having the greatest range of "for sure kills". The light side mirror classes of the clases i mentioned are the same with the exception of the commando which imo is the strongest pvp class able to tank, dps, and heal amazingly well.

just curious i'm reading that dps caster/healer class is so verstatile and bursty they can own anyone in pvp? is this true? i wante to play a melee class but i read also that they are difficult unless they are grouped due to limited CC/anti CC options and no heals or range.. like snipers and such, casters, eveyrone owning them.

i'm curious about the stealth class tho i had one in beta and he out did my marauder at DPS but i was only 15..

i'm asking about end game pvp here.

thanks

Pretty much every class when played correctly is effective in PvP with the right Advanced Class and Spec. I just depends on play style.

The real problem isn't the class. It's funny to me how many people complain about a specific class but the real problem is disbursement of classes by the auto queue.

I playted a lot of Huttball last night and three Huttball games in a row the opposing team had 7 healers and a high level tank. Sage's, Smuggler, and Commando's and one Guard. It was ridiculous, the tank would get the ball and the healers would heal him all the way to the endzone. If we did manage to CC him he'd pass it to a healer who just had an entourage of healers helping him along the whole way while our team had one healer four powertechs and three assassins. The problems isn't the classes... except bounty hunter and commando. I'm a powertech but seriously? The Assassin tank uses light armor but a commando healer uses heavy armor?? I also usually lead in kills as a powertech so I do way to much damage as a tank I'd rather take more of a beating and do less damage. Anyways play what you like but in the end some situations you'll own but in the same game with different classes you might get owned. It's the nature of the beast.

• 2 weeks later...

My main is tankassin. In PvP I use tank spec and Stalker (dps) gear. Tanking doesn't really work against geared opponents but assassin can deal significant damage even in tank spec.

So as tankassin you get good survivability and moderate sustained DPS.

Also you get full list of PvP utility:

• interrupt
  • aoe knockback, single target knockback (spike)
  • force pull (move enemy to your location)
  • high mobility (force speed with relatively short cd in tank spec)
  • 3 defensive cooldowns (spammable, vs basic damage, vs ability damage)
  • 3 minor self-healing sources (not counting medpacks)
  • stealth
  • great escape ability (force cloak). Combined with force speed and ability dmg defensive cd it is 100% escape from any situation

• 2 weeks later...
I play a 50 Marauder in pvp. I have to say we got screwed on utility moves for sure. 1v1 is pretty good but our damage output is so bad that it takes forever to kill a healer even if they are standing still. I think the worst part is its just a boring pvp class.

A huge number of sith casters got geared in a hurry, leading people to think they are OP. Once you yourself are in full champ gear, they are not.

I have a 50 BM Comm Assault spec that is epic fun, and a lvl 22 Jedi Shadow that is amazing as well.

I understand you want the best. But seriously bro, there isn't one. Any class can own in Swtor.

• 3 weeks later...
I personally enjoy the Assassin. waiting out of view in the outskirts of battle where people think they can run to heal or sneak in then paralyze and maul them to death. kill them before they can even move. Then go stealth again. At level 20 I was leaving matches with 35+ kills. on average around 25-30. Death is a rarity if you learn how to play them well. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
is this level 50? and solo or group based? i'm pretty sure marauders get pwnd by any decent caster archetype just because they can heal bubble root, knockbackrootetc etc.

so.. only an idiot healer would die to a melee class from what i read so far at 50..

u lev 50?

Marauders eat Healers, it is what we are best at killing, if you use your interupts right they cannot heal effectively and are quickly killed.

I find with my Tank it takes serveral people to take me down, although they dont hit very hard they get an easy 3 medals so overall it leveled a lot quicker than my marauder which was getting 5/6 medals a game my tank was picking up 8/9 without a party to back them up.

Personally I am looking into which class to play through next but all I ever see is everyone saying "-insert class- /r buff".

Just go with what looks nice and make it overpowered the game seems pretty balanced and all the typical players and forum users say their class is sucking and needs an upgrade when I was playing marauder from the start which has always been one of the most dominating classes in pvp since beta, even if we lost pull.

Edited by LordKyrone

I play a jedi knight thats currently lvl 13 and i do very good against rage classes. just got to be able to stay on them and use your cool downs when needed. only think that sucks is i dont have any cc or interupts yet:/

Love it when peeps below level 50 start to spout trash and make it sound like they know what they're on about. Same peeps who are crying for nerfs.

• 2 years later...

It depends on what u want.

When you think of Best PVP tanking class i would personally go for Shadow.

If you are looking to do damage I advice either a Shadow, a Sorc or a sniper.

If you want a healer i would either advice an op or a Sorc

It depends on what u want.

When you think of Best PVP tanking class i would personally go for Shadow.

If you are looking to do damage I advice either a Shadow, a Sorc or a sniper.

If you want a healer i would either advice an op or a Sorc

Nice thread necro bud. I think it is safe to say that 2 years later the OP is probably not monitoring this thread for further answers.