The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Meh no point of levelling to 50 i'm going to stop at 49

caultonpos

i didn't put off anything, my first 50 from early access is almost in full bm gear (have a couple of bits of rakata) within 3 weeks of launch.

but i still played my lowbie alts more because the 10-49 bracket was more fun for me because:

- less pre-mades in the 10-49 bracket

I will grant you this, but there are still premades. It also has the added problem of having randomly stacked teams, one with high level players and one with low, which is just about as bad as a premade.

- FAR less wz quitters in the 10-49 bracket .

True but it still happens and is supposed to be changed in 1.2 as they are supposedly removing dailies

- less "experts" raging in /ops in the 10-49 bracket.

Ive actually found the opposite to be true. Particularly in the case of alts.

- less people grinding dailies/gear/medals in the 10-49 bracket so it's more fun..

Pretty sure most people are there doing the PvP daily, or grinding experience and or comms for level 50, so false.

- you don't have to deal with ilum in the 10-49 bracke

Umm pretty sure u dont have to 'deal' with ilum in the 50s bracket either, doing it is a choice not a requirement, i never do ilum on my 50s

- at 10-49 because you don't have to worry about grinding gear, you can just enjoying the matches.

Umm what? why would you 'worry about grinding gear'? i fail to see what the problem is.

To sum up, you enjoy killing level 10s on your 49 because it makes you think you're amazing. You are not. Get over it.

Edited by Gidoru

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This ^.

I had no problems being competitive in WZ's as a level 15. Hell, at 15 I was able to take down a level 43 player of my own class solo... twice. In the early 20's i was topping damage, and getting the most objective points... and had zero problems against level 30's or 40's. But maybe I'm doing it wrong...

Hint: Bolster OVER buffs your skills when you are really low.

These days, when I want to stomp pugs and undergeared players I go and play my 50 with our guild pre-made and pretend that winning takes skill. When I want to have fun, I play with one of my re-rolls in 10-49 pugs.

Pro-tip: there is no competitive PVP in this PVE orientated MMO, regardless of your level. So quit pretending.

Who cares if Bolster overbuffs your skills if you don't HAVE any skills to speak of when compared to a lv49?

I bet you didn't know this, but not every class gains their important abilities at the same rate. So while you may have done well at 15 (I did well and topped damage/kills from 10 all the way to 50 as a PT), not every class can do this. My Marauder at lv10 can barely break 75k damage, and has ZERO utility.. no snares, no stuns, 1 immobilize in Force Charge, no sprint, no real interrupt, nothing.

Also, make no mistake. You're still stomping pugs and undergeared players in 10-49 warzones, only now they don't even have essential skills or talents to even pretend to be a match for you.

a level 10 with bolster has more of a chance of killing a level 49 than a new level 50 has of killing another 50 in full bm gear.

better to be the king of lowbies than pre-made basement nerd canon fodder.

This is a true statment. Granted it would be pretty damn hard to win for the lvl 10, but it is still in the realm of possible. Where as a fresh 50 has zero chance agasint full Champ.

I'm hitting 50 on my guardian tonight (50k experience is literally two or three wz's), and as a level 49, PvP is laughably easy. I got myself 2 different purple level 49 enhancements, a purple level 49 hilt, a purple level 48 shield generator, and orange/blue gear for the rest. On Alderaan, I legitimately was being attacked by three people at a turret (level 42-ish, 37-ish, and 35-ish) and I held them all off for a good while. I killed two of them, had time to stop, call for help with a somewhat long sentence, and accept a few gathering missions in the midst of it. I killed 2 of 3 people attacking me while accepting rewards and calling for help. But I certainly have no unfair advantage ;)

I look forward to level 50 on my JG. I'm going to casually get all of my gear (which will take a little bit), but I have saved up about 1000 mercenary and 1000 wz commendations, so with the champion bag I have and the 5 I can buy, I'm set. Or I can just wait to buy the commendations straight from the vendor, which they say will happen in 1.1.5. After that long wait and all of that time being completely rolled over, I will start to have a fighting chance. Slowly but surely, I will become a competitor. And the cool thing? I'll be able to say I advanced to the top of the game with this character instead of desperately trying to avoid progress. Huh. Imagine that.

Play the game how you like, but I think to so strongly discourage others from trying to progress is a little silly :)

This is a true statment. Granted it would be pretty damn hard to win for the lvl 10, but it is still in the realm of possible. Where as a fresh 50 has zero chance agasint full Champ.

It's good to know that I beat a BM Vanguard as a fresh 50 Pyro Powertech in my first match at 50, even w/ zero chance. Even had 8k more health than me.

Way to beat them odds, I guess.

Edited by Varicite

Don't get why people say sub-50 bracket is more competitive. It might be more fun for YOU, but it's not as competitive or as balanced as the 50 bracket.

Sub-50 matches you have to carry every game otherwise you lose because your teammates are that bad.

It is easier to dominate at sub 50 which is why it is more fun. Terrible players can dominate people through gear, talents and better class abilities. Level 50 is definitely more competitive thus require more time, grinding, and more skills to have more fun.

Thus, I will most likely stay at the 10-49 bracket like the OP.

It is easier to dominate at sub 50 which is why it is more fun. Terrible players can dominate people through gear, talents and better class abilities. Level 50 is definitely more competitive thus require more time, grinding, and more skills to have more fun.

I see what you did there...

Are you referring to the sub-50's bracket or the 50's bracket here?

Just curious.

This.

The fact that certain classes develop late or early means the 10-49 bracket is actually less balanced because not everyone has the essential skills to make them competitive.

Yes, a BH can own a WZ at lvl 10 (as i found out on my alt). Try that as a warrior and tell me about 'balance'. Yes its possible for a low level to kill a 49, but i know when my Jugg was 49 in that bracket i could tank three sub 30s and kill them all. Thats not balanced.

Also, do not fool yourself it isnt based on gear either. I had almost 15k HP in the 10-49 bracket due to my prototype purple armour and as tank spec Jugg i was hitting people like a truck since most of them had greens with a few blues.

If people find it more fun? Cool. Lets not pretend everything is more balanced and fair. Its just easier to stomp people and win, which is what most people want.

Edited by AKfourtyseven

Might as well enjoy the lowbie warzones, fewer people leave, the battles are more competitive and i can laugh at level 10s trying to run away.

I would level to 50 but there is no world pvp just warzones where people leaving is an epidemic.

There will be no world pvp as far as I can see until guild wars comes out.

All i could read is:

if i hit lvl 50 i will be trashed by actual PvP players ... so i will stay 49 where i feel like im a powerful and skilled player facing noobs low lvl.

This.

The fact that certain classes develop late or early means the 10-49 bracket is actually less balanced because not everyone has the essential skills to make them competitive.

Yes, a BH can own a WZ at lvl 10 (as i found out on my alt). Try that as a warrior and tell me about 'balance'. Yes its possible for a low level to kill a 49, but i know when my Jugg was 49 in that bracket i could tank three sub 30s and kill them all. Thats not balanced.

Also, do not fool yourself it isnt based on gear either. I had almost 15k HP in the 10-49 bracket due to my prototype purple armour and as tank spec Jugg i was hitting people like a truck since most of them had greens with a few blues.

If people find it more fun? Cool. Lets not pretend everything is more balanced and fair. Its just easier to stomp people and win, which is what most people want.

Exact same experience that I had.

BH at lv10 can own easily. So can Sorc if you stay in the back. Warrior at lv10 is pretty much a waste of a spot.

Also, absolutely no western MMO (I don't know much about korean MMOs, etc) is balanced around low level PvP, so it's pretty laughable that anyone would even to attempt to make that argument.

How does this make 10-49 any more fun?

It just is, I levelled a couple characters completely via pvp warzones (with some space missions in between and a class story quest here and there). Never had more fun than on a level 23 vanguard or 26 assassin, even at lower levels it was more fun than the 50 bracket where teams in 50 bracket don't do anything with objectives and just run around jerking off with kill counts and popping every adrenal and relic to kill you in a single stunlock, etc.

Edited by Sookster

Might as well enjoy the lowbie warzones, fewer people leave, the battles are more competitive and i can laugh at level 10s trying to run away.

I would level to 50 but there is no world pvp just warzones where people leaving is an epidemic.

There will be no world pvp as far as I can see until guild wars comes out.

You mean that youre a king in 1-49 warzones but you suck the fat one in level 50 combat so come on here slating it.

People leaving lv50 warzones is not an epidemic if youre good. If youre good, people come into the warzone and say "Hey, its this guy and hes good. I'll stick around".

Youll know if you ever get to that stage when people say "HAAAAI" to you, when they join a match :rolleyes:

Exact same experience that I had.

BH at lv10 can own easily. So can Sorc if you stay in the back. Warrior at lv10 is pretty much a waste of a spot.

Also, absolutely no western MMO (I don't know much about korean MMOs, etc) is balanced around low level PvP, so it's pretty laughable that anyone would even to attempt to make that argument.

A bolstered level 10 has more armor and surge rating than a level 49 (base stats), I watched the armor rating scale as I levelled up on one of my toons in warzones. I think that's the balancing factor of the bolster stat. I remember my powertech having ~50% armor at level 12 with a mix of green/blue/oranges in wz's but at 50 it's ~44% with purples.

The 10-49 bracket is a joke.

My mara went in there at level 11 with only one lightsaber and he still owned plenty of fools.

It was like level 14 before I realized I was given a bag with an off-hand.

I still swear he did more damage with only one saber. :D

You are missing the point. You could be full BM and the best PvP player across all servers and still you will not have as good a time in the 50s warzones as the 10-49s.

No, actually, you would.

The common thread in all this is that you don't want to lose, and can't take it.

Bolster does not put you on even footing with someone, it puts you about 10 levels lower than them.

You STILL have all your talents, and the lowbie doesn't.

The difference between this, and Battlemaster vs. Fresh 50 is so drastic it's not even funny. The guy who said you're delusional in this thread is right. Stomping level 10-30's is the same thing you're complaining about geared players doing to you.

The only valid complaint between the two brackets that I've seen stated here is that you have to face premades on occasion...and yet you're claiming your bracket is MORE competitive?

That's a joke. The competitive bracket is the one that has people who, you know, actually work as a team, play with people they know, and use strategy.

Keep thinking you're the alpha dog in a "competitive bracket", but you're not.

If you're having fun, that's great. Keep doing it, I'm not against that. The fact that you come in here and make your outrageous claims about how what you're doing involves skill just shows how emotionally hurt you've been by all your losses in the 50 bracket, though.

Keep thinking you'll have "skill" when you get to Guild Wars 2. Train up with all that super competitive 10-49 PVP.

Make sure you come back and visit us and post your GW2 ranking, so we can chuckle!

On my server at lvl 50 it's ~1 hour queue. 10 WZs in a row start with 3-5 republics 8 imps.

Every game you're forced get spawn point camped by imperials. You can't run or hide unless you're a stealth class.

Has been a trend for almost 2 weeks now. More and more republic players drop out when they become BMs, either rerolling to try another class or simply quitting.

Can't really say that is competitive in any way.

At lvl 10-49 it's WZs non-stop. I rarly see lvl 10 ppl come in for more than 1 WZ when they get that quest when they are just about to choose AC. If they are dedicated pvp:ers they join around lvl 20 to get the pvp set, then keep lvling in WZs from there.

Good players are simply good. I've seen in the past few weeks when lvling a sentinel that 3 of the key players on the republic side was:

a Gunslinger started at lvl 13, now 23, wrecking ppl topping dmg/kill lists almost every time.

a Healing Commando just above lvl 22, keeping the team up like a pro.

a mid thirty Seer Sage, which plays pure team-support.

That was just a few examples of low level alts and they perform consistently, and having no problem with a team of lvl >40 imperials. Pretty much a 50% win chance every WZ.

The statement of ejoying killing lvl 10 first timers is just horrible in every way. But I do agree that overall the 10-49 WZs are much better balanced than lvl 50 3v8 WZs any day.

Ideally I wish there was a game mode where all players had a generic gear set for pvp. And even neutral alignment if that fixes the faction population imbalance.