Hi, I'm a sage.

Stratoforce

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

RJ does get it. And no lol im just saying we are arguing and when we state our case it just sounds like we are egging the other person on. You simply state the truths that noone want to see because they get killed by sages/sorc.

I actually made a thread on my own pvp gameplay in the sorc section of the forums but i have strategies in the thread to die as little as possible.

Anyways Eternal it is the truth. When will you see a sorc/sage upclose in personal? We stay back because DUH we are not close range fighters. We aren going to make it easyfor you to kill us either

I had much, much better success with them when I was running as 2/21/18 w/ Hydraulic Overrides, as I could kite them for a good 12 seconds every 30. This is only because their snare and Force Leap root don't work at all.

As deep Pyro (2/12/26) they've become a good deal harder. Don't get me wrong, I can easily destroy most Marauders, but I chalk this mostly up to the class not being easy to play at a high level. You cannot kite a Anni Mara (Watchman Sent) because of the 0 minimum range on Force Leap and reduced cd.

When I come up against a good one, I find my health melts just as fast as theirs and it always comes down to who can squeak out the last bit of dps fastest.

When they pop their 99% damage reduction, they pull ahead in that race and there's no catching up.

I could use a bit more practice against them, I'm sure, but on my server, Maras generally eat PTs alive at high levels of play.

(Mind you, this is all experience from dps specs; Tank specs may do much better due to the mitigation from armor and talents.)

Yes , Hold the Front Line is a Great Ability. I mostly use it defensively too except against Snipers. Actually , in WZ's I'm a bit 'cheap' with it as it is my 'escape-to-green-node' ability just to come back and wreck face. But try the 0/31/10 also. Make sure you run Plasma with it, the gurantee slow/dot from ion pulse is essential and makes kiting easier. You also don't need to kite as much since this spec gives you a really nasty damage combo in melee range and 2 dots to boot. Carry grenades. I mean chucking a grenade at the right time can really mess up someone's game. Some easy ways to avoid force leap ( even at close range) AOE Stun , Harpoon , Cryo Grenade ( Electric dart) , and grenade.

As a strong tank spec you simply can do more damage to them than they can through your mitigation. As a tank a combat sent is actually a bigger threat.

Anyways Eternal it is the truth. When will you see a sorc/sage upclose in personal? We stay back because DUH we are not close range fighters. We aren going to make it easyfor you to kill us either

Don't feed him... he is either joking (in which case I did laugh a good bit) or trolling. Eternal hasn't posted here until that, so.... yeah, don't feed the trolls.