Anybody else feel like Marauder is squishy?

Kerplode

Currently level 26 and just started Tatooine and I swear I have around 10% hp left after each mob.

I even died like 4 times on the Class Quest after Nar Shadaa.

Does anybody else feel like the Marauder is too squishy?

Or perhaps am I just not playing him right?

im level 21 heading to tat right now and while i do feel squishy i honestly belive it is because

1. i am underleveled for the current content.

2. my main is an assassin tank so i am used to having much more survivability.

Well I have played healer classes exclusively (Sage, Sorc and Merc) before trying out Marauder.

Compared to those 3 the Marauder is squishy. Cause of the lack of self healing. Haven't tried Annihilation though. Started out as Carnage and now at level 35 I'm still Caranage.

I do end up using Channel Hate after basically each pull. Where I would just go ahead for the next group with the other classes. It has become a bit better with Quinn. But I like to mow stuff down quickly. So I normally use Jaesa where in the past I always ran around with Vette. I only bring Quinn if I know I'll need a lot of healing.

Guess it's both the class and me not used to play a DPS class. But yeah, I do feel the Mara being squishy.

Edited by SandsOfArrakis

Im killing 2 groups with silver mobs in a row.Im killing 3-4 groups with healer companion.Im 24. Keep cloak on cooldown.Dont hesitate to use 3m cooldown for further damage reduction.I die rarely so i res at the place i die , regen hp as cloaked and i keep pulling... Edited by kijthae

When I was leveling I felt the same way and I put up quite a few posts like this one. However, leveling a mara is more challenging, you cant just death from above and kill an entire mob. Now saying this, it is A LOT of fun if you accept the fact that it just isnt as easy. Does get easier and at 50 we are a force to be reckoned with, in Pvp and Pve, dont let anyone tell you otherwise, just tell them to come at you, brah.

Other then that, use your defensive cds a lot, DO NOT FORGET ABOUT CALL ON FORCE, or whatever it is called, I did when i was leveling. Depending on companion choice, send them in first, take initial damage then move in. AOE STUN!!! amazing, use that action, not sure what level.... 5 seconds of no one hitting you except your focus is mind boggling useful.

Other then that, enjoy the story line and do not get frustrated that other classes can pretty much face roll their content. Duel them, show them what is what. Come at me bruh.

Level as Annihilation.

If you run with Quinn you will have 0 downtime.

If you run with a DPS companion you shouldn't have much downtime. Channel Hatred every 10-15 pulls.

Though to be honest, I go to great lengths to outlevel content by, generally, four levels. I am starting Tatooine at level 28, started Nar Shaddaa at 24, you get the picture.

Edited by ThePromise

Level as Annihilation.

If you run with Quinn you will have 0 downtime.

If you run with a DPS companion you shouldn't have much downtime. Channel Hatred every 10-15 pulls.

Though to be honest, I go to great lengths to outlevel content by, generally, four levels. I am starting Tatooine at level 28, started Nar Shaddaa at 24, you get the picture.

^^^This. When starting a new planet, try to be at least 4 levels above the starting mobs. You will thansk us later. As far as squishy-no mroe squishy than any other cannon. use quinn, level as anni.

^^^This. When starting a new planet, try to be at least 4 levels above the starting mobs. You will thansk us later. As far as squishy-no mroe squishy than any other cannon. use quinn, level as anni.

Thirded. It's all about anni and quinn. Keep yourself and your companion as geared out as possible.And stay 2-4lvls above content. You will NEVER die.

Well, I leveled a jugg to 50.

Now im leveling a marauder.

Im dying less as marauder.

Im killing faster as marauder.

Im ripping **** to ******* peices as marauder.

I feel like ***** God as marauder.

My jugg's got **** on my marauder.

Yah, must be just you.

I love my ******* marauder.

No arterisks were harmed in this message.

Edited by Nomaad

Basically what everyone else is saying. You have very little passive mitigation with this class, it's all about using your defensive CDs.

If you bite off more than you can chew and you run out of CDs, don't be afraid to force camo and dump some mobs on your companion. They call all pretty much take a hit atleast as well as you.

im level 21 heading to tat right now and while i do feel squishy i honestly belive it is because

1. i am underleveled for the current content.

2. my main is an assassin tank so i am used to having much more survivability.

21 is way low for tat. I just finished there and was happy starting at 26. You should be going to nar shaddaa or however it's spelled.

To the people that wait until they're 3-4 levels above the content... why?

I'm 3-4 levels below the content and the only issues I'm having is that I'm too low level to get some of the quests.

I started every planet (except DK) at least 3 levels early.

Just got to Voss at 40.

I'm not saying that I'm uber, or better than everyone else, but if you have to be 4 levels above the mobs to succeed, then you need someone to give you tips or advice, or your gear or playstyle may be incorrect for this class.

This is my 2nd Marauder and they are beasts at any level if you and your conmpanion are geared properly.

To the people that wait until they're 3-4 levels above the content... why?

I'm 3-4 levels below the content and the only issues I'm having is that I'm too low level to get some of the quests.

I started every planet (except DK) at least 3 levels early.

Just got to Voss at 40.

I'm not saying that I'm uber, or better than everyone else, but if you have to be 4 levels above the mobs to succeed, then you need someone to give you tips or advice, or your gear or playstyle may be incorrect for this class.

This is my 2nd Marauder and they are beasts at any level if you and your conmpanion are geared properly.

You start to run into serious accuracy/damage penalties when fighting things more than 2 levels above you. If you need/want the challenge, great. Not all of us like dying repeatedly.

You start to run into serious accuracy/damage penalties when fighting things more than 2 levels above you. If you need/want the challenge, great. Not all of us like dying repeatedly.

That's just it, I hardly ever die, although I am pretty much twinked out gear wise.

As someone who has PvPed in all 3 specs, I have to say Annihilation is by far the least squishy of the specs. This is simply due to selfheals. Carnage is definitely the most squishy of the specs. In rage you will at least kill groups of mobs faster due to Smash critting like a truck.

I suggest Annihilation or Rage (at least for 40+ when you have Force Crush) for lvling. With either of these specs you can run with a DPS pet provided you have good enough gear. If you really want to run carnage you kinda have to run with Quinn or you'll just get pulverized. Also, remember to use your defensive CDs.

Leveling as anni with quinn you should be invincible. I soloed every heroic 2 post-quinn, and I soloed three heroic 4's. Mara is the best leveling class by far, as it does everything with speed. Always pick mods, enhancements, armoring, hilts, etc. from quests. It's not hard to pick up an orange for every slot along the way and keep your gear top notch from nothing but quest upgrades. Edited by Reenolols

BUT IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO SOLO HEROIC 4s UNLESS YOU'RE +10 LEVELS OVER THEM. MAKE A YOUTUBE VIDEO OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Etc.

Can't tell if being sarcastic or not. It's called strategic zoning. Not like i charged into the group of 6 elites and killed them all. You have to be prosauce with your cooldowns too ofc.

Think it's sarcasm so I'll say DID NOT FRAPZ BUT IT TRUE

Edited by Reenolols

... If you really want to run carnage you kinda have to run with Quinn or you'll just get pulverized.

Not entirely true. I've played a carnage marauder to 48 on my first server and have a second marauder (guild re-rolled to different server) at 49. Mara 1 used Jaesa nearly exclusively once she became available (Quinn to that point), and Mara 2 has used Vette nearly exclusively. 77 levels of carnage marauder have taught me to accept that I am squishy and that I should kill things faster than they kill me. You do take a beating, but as long as their red bar goes down faster than yours, you'll be ok :)

Marauder is squishy.

This class/spec is what makes a game fun. You have to really make your fingers bleed keeping all your defenses up on golds and sometimes silvers.

After playing all four of the classes on the Imperial side, this one is hands down the most fun.

That is, until you get to Voss, and have to deal with double silvers in the class quest. Then, it gets depressing since you either have to level up then come back, or ask for help. Between the dots and the damage, you really can't burn them down fast enough at the appropriate level.

Just hope that the Baras fight isn't a pita like the Inq fight was with Thanaton.

Also, healing stims are your saving grace.

Like the post above, I used Vette until I got Jaesa, and haven't used any other since.

Edited by MissBegotten

That is, until you get to Voss, and have to deal with double silvers in the class quest. Then, it gets depressing since you either have to level up then come back, or ask for help. Between the dots and the damage, you really can't burn them down fast enough at the appropriate level.

Not entirely true, I finished it at level 45.... BUT my Marauder and Quinn were geared to the max.

And I had to use all of my tricks to stay alive lol.

Marauders are squishy, it's just something to get used to.

I leveled as carnage and gear was 1-4 levels below my current zone for me and Quinn. After Tatooine I was constantly 2-3 levels below my current zone though this was mostly because this was my 1st toon and I didn't know any better, not because I was looking for a challenge.

The biggest trick to getting into a rhythm is to keep mobs off Quinn, avoid adds, and use defensive cooldowns. And you'll still need to channel hatred after every 1-2 fights at least. Turn off Quinn's carbonizing stream too.

I genuinely had no issues except the Sel-makor mob on Voss and the end boss took a few deaths to figure out.

Edited by Projawa