When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

gizbug

Here's a little sampling at 7pm (Eastern) on a Friday Night on Telos Restoration Project

Republic Fleet 9

Belsavis 3

Hoth 1

Ord Manell 11

Quesh 1

Coruscant 14

The Pit 8

Hate to say it, but Mists might pull be back to the 'dark' side playing WoW again after all...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a little sampling at 7pm (Eastern) on a Friday Night on Telos Restoration Project

Republic Fleet 9

Belsavis 3

Hoth 1

Ord Manell 11

Quesh 1

Coruscant 14

The Pit 8

Hate to say it, but Mists might pull be back to the 'dark' side playing WoW again after all...

Not only that the amount of non-raid end game they are implementing along with easy path to see raids through the LFR mists looks good.

Lol I created a character to check out that server... FOUR people in the fleet, one is level fifty on the republic side. There are only 84 total republic on the server right now.

Crevasse City. Its a bottom 3 server for sure. I play empire, our guild is the only guild on the entire server (empire or pubs) that has cleared every normal op boss (we are 5/10 NM at this time). Pretty sad eh?

Edited by Ushela

Crevasse City. Its a bottom 3 server for sure. I play empire, our guild is the only guild on the entire server (empire or pubs) that has cleared every normal op boss (we are 5/10 NM at this time). Pretty sad eh?

At least you're making progression on a dead server.

I would server transfer ASAP though.

The Jekk Jekk Tarr is going to be pretty much deserted once the Aussie transfers happen... It was one of the un-official Oceanic servers at launch. It has already lost easily 60% of its players from Aussies who didnt want to waitm and just started new toons on the Aussie servers. After the transfer we will be lucky to have 1/4 of the poulation we once had. Edited by JalenTigh

At least you're making progression on a dead server.

I would server transfer ASAP though.

Many of us already have alts started on Mind Trick, which seems to be a pretty good server. Just hope we dont all quit before transfers ever come around.

I cant even crit craft my earpieces because the only way to get mandalorian iron mats are from the 340 underworld missions and the server is so low pop there are never any on the auction house. =( Dont know why you cant get them from just sending out companions on normal missions...

Crevaase City here:

Logged at 5 pm today..I was the ONLY one on the fleet lol!

Something needs to be done very quickly for the extreme low pop servers

Didn't think that was possible on a Friday and it's only March. :w_frown:

Edited by Akabeth

Lol I created a character to check out that server... FOUR people in the fleet, one is level fifty on the republic side. There are only 84 total republic on the server right now.

I just checked the server, 2 people in the fleet and 23 lvl 50's online. lol. This is empire side

Edited by Touchbass

server transfer/merge WILL happen 100%. but really when is the question. It seems as though bioware is not prioritizing this issue, but eventually they will, or they will lose subscribers

keep voicing your opinions actively, and explain that you are only willing to pay if the population problem is solved via merge/transfer, etc. bioware/ea games is a business, and they will listen to your wallet

BIOWARE make Server Merges happen RIGHT NOW! How can you continue to let this be a huge source of lost subscriptions. Same thing happened in Warhammer......When you can't get groups for heroic quests, flashpoints, then you might as well be playing a single player game.

After 10 days of playing I'm ready to unsub because I can't find groups for anything.

BIOWARE make Server Merges happen RIGHT NOW! How can you continue to let this be a huge source of lost subscriptions. Same thing happened in Warhammer......When you can't get groups for heroic quests, flashpoints, then you might as well be playing a single player game.

After 10 days of playing I'm ready to unsub because I can't find groups for anything.

If you have been playing for 10 days(was only in my 40s around that time), why not move to another server? The more time you spend on your "dead" server the longer you "waste" your time. If you like the game starting over on another server after 10 days is not that bad, i did it(not for population reasons) and now I don't even miss that server.

I hear The Fatman is a popular one if pvp is your thing.

Also getting all angry and demanding won't get anything accomplished, save for ruining your health.

Responding to this tread is useless.

Solution. Player server transfers. Consideration givin if its 50. Time sensitive, like 30 day window.

Not knowing how the game is going to develop leaves this open to change

They won't do anything. They don't care at all. They'll just let everyone on light pop servers quit rather than take the bad press of a server closure or merger.

They wouldnt get any bad press if they would make transfers possible because all MMOS have that option.

And they should make some restrictions for transfers by limiting how many times can someone transfer at certain time per account to prevent possible abuse of the system.

Edited by Lunablade

transfer will happen, but they will be made by cash, and maybe they will open free transfer from heavy servers to light servers.

The question is when? because i rly dont know if i'm going to last untill 1.2 hits. i find my self log in in ONCE per week, I dont even log to raid anymore.

Al legacy would be fun if it wasn't so aimed to alts

They wouldnt get any bad press if they would make transfers possible because all MMOS have that option.

And they should make some restrictions for transfers by limiting how many times can someone transfer at certain time per account to prevent possible abuse of the system.

Dude if free transfers were made available, there wouldn't be more than a handful of players left on some servers and they would have to shut them down.

No need for server merges. Bioware told us the number of subscribers is increasing and if we remember correctly all the servers were full around christmas. So if anything bioware needs to increase the number of servers by 2-3 the amount and offer free transfers from old servers to the new ones. We don't want hour long ques and thousands of people on the fleets.

unless ofc bioware was trolling us. :rolleyes:

There are less light servers now than before, that is definitely a good thing and an increase.

I can't believe they haven't even responded with a message that they're considering options to deal with this. People leaving because of low populations is FAR worse than bad press because BioWare merged servers. Bad press won't make many people leave, even if it does slightly affect new subs. But we're out of the initial rush, and for nearly every MMO except for WoW, it's all downhill from here; the focus should be on retaining subs instead of finding new ones to replace ones that leave.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game. It's just that when I can go hours and hours on any given planet and not have a single bit of General chat, in a game big enough that you rarely see other people, I literally feel alone. And don't get me wrong, this is a great multiplayer game, but if it becomes a single-player game there are plenty out there with less running around and no subscriptions.

I can believe that we still have 1.7 million subscribers. What I can't believe is that more than 5% or so of those are on at any given time now that the rush to 50 is over for a lot of people. If the average player played 10 hours a week right after launch, I'll bet that's down to 1 or 2 hours per week, and it shows. To keep online populations up, merge servers and admit that even though your subs have stayed up your logged-in populations have decreased.

Edited by JediMasterRyanW

Dude if free transfers were made available, there wouldn't be more than a handful of players left on some servers and they would have to shut them down.

There are plenty of servers with low pop in WoW but Blizzard didnt shut them down because they know what bad press means , they rather offered to players on those servers free transfer option than merged and closed some of their servers.

Edited by Lunablade