Marking healers with raid icons need to STOP!

Maiajayde

I have no trouble with them focusing me in WZ.My best so far is 571k healing in a VS.I only have my BM weapon, ear,relic and implants.So its not even like I am in crazy good gear.http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/Thul28/Screenshot_2012-03-02_20_25_43_432389.jpg

I love when people use any excuse they possibly can to brag. Does showing your healing numbers from one game really contribute to this thread's topic?

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marking healers with raid icons just ends any fun trying to play heal's unless you have a extreme amount of pvp gear. There is no L2play when you have 6 ranged stuns when you spawn and jump out of the walls, etc. etc etc. If you don't have a pre-made group to use cool down to protect heal you die as soon as they see the mark.

In any other mmo with 1/2 way good pvp does not allow enemy marks. In fact, in one or more mmo's they will ban you if you use third party add on's to mark healers. The L2play should not be mark the healer it should be recognize the healer for ones self and then kill him.

BW says they care about PVPbut they let something like this slip through. This sould be fixed, Hell PVP need a big work over and everyone knows it.

Must just be your Server, unless it's a pre-made on my server I'm NEVER focused down. I die on average about 0-3 a game with randoms and I'm obviously never marked. I also don't stand out in the open thinking "Hurr Durr nobodies going to attack me!". I hide LoS so I can't be seen, means it takes them just as long to find me and in Void Star most my games end with me dying once or twice and ending with 400-600k heals done.

The People that try to take me on 1vs1 can't kill me, I know how to counter your interrupts by tricking you to interrupting a weak heal then doing my big heal for a crit. Yesterday I had 2 Assassin's beating me to death while I stood lined up in a corner to prevent their abilities. I ended up killing one and the other ran away(I think the one I killed was champ/BM).

Also to note here is I do PvP with *0 Expertise* yet I'm still unkillable unless mass CCed like I am in Pre-mades.

Face it people do not like giving up a advantage over other people and right now if you get lucky in a pug or get grouped with a premade who marks healers you have the Advantage.

IF you get a pug where the Ops leader does not mark you are at a Disadvantage. The only ones in favor of keeping the Icons are the ones Who PvP mostly in premade's or with 3 other friends. Not everyone is on at same time and can not be on when you play. Hence Taking it out of the WF still make's for better game play and you will make them better players in the long run without the Icons. It Makes you in a Pug to LOOK for the healer more. It makes you AWARE of whats going on around you more without the marks. It takes away the Advantage of one side and make's it more fair in the WF.

It Make's you how so many put it L2P better without the marks. In the Long run it Makes the WF Pugs more fun IMO with out the Icons because it is YOU looking for the healer. You being AWARE of whats going on. And in the long run it will make better Pug players in WF.

Face it people do not like giving up a advantage over other people and right now if you get lucky in a pug or get grouped with a premade who marks healers you have the Advantage.

IF you get a pug where the Ops leader does not mark you are at a Disadvantage. The only ones in favor of keeping the Icons are the ones Who PvP mostly in premade's or with 3 other friends. Not everyone is on at same time and can not be on when you play. Hence Taking it out of the WF still make's for better game play and you will make them better players in the long run without the Icons. It Makes you in a Pug to LOOK for the healer more. It makes you AWARE of whats going on around you more without the marks. It takes away the Advantage of one side and make's it more fair in the WF.

It Make's you how so many put it L2P better without the marks. In the Long run it Makes the WF Pugs more fun IMO with out the Icons because it is YOU looking for the healer. You being AWARE of whats going on. And in the long run it will make better Pug players in WF.

They

get

better

faster

due

to

the

mark

With the mark they learn to play better faster than your method, because it TEACHES them how to play.

Must just be your Server, unless it's a pre-made on my server I'm NEVER focused down. I die on average about 0-3 a game with randoms and I'm obviously never marked. I also don't stand out in the open thinking "Hurr Durr nobodies going to attack me!". I hide LoS so I can't be seen, means it takes them just as long to find me and in Void Star most my games end with me dying once or twice and ending with 400-600k heals done.

The People that try to take me on 1vs1 can't kill me, I know how to counter your interrupts by tricking you to interrupting a weak heal then doing my big heal for a crit. Yesterday I had 2 Assassin's beating me to death while I stood lined up in a corner to prevent their abilities. I ended up killing one and the other ran away(I think the one I killed was champ/BM).

Also to note here is I do PvP with *0 Expertise* yet I'm still unkillable unless mass CCed like I am in Pre-mades.

You are right A premade will focus you and kill you\ cc stun what have you. As you say i agree with you they need to focus cc to kill you that's good game play.

But what the others are not getting is with a mark on you its 6 vs you you cant los the mark you can not hide with it on you . But i agree with you heals can be fun unless they all wait for you to get out of the gate and gang bang you because they can see you 100% of the time

If your group, be it PuG or premade, isn't smart enough to peel, guard, taunt, cc etc. for you, they don't deserve your heals.

Yeah I get that in principle, but in practice I don't really care who "deserves" my heals. I just want to win the warzone. Doing lots of healing helps do that, so I'll heal someone even if they're a bad player, as long as it helps the objective. Of course I try to heal "good players" more than bad, but it's ultimately a selfish reason.

They

get

better

faster

due

to

the

mark

With the mark they learn to play better faster than your method, because it TEACHES them how to play.

if they lose they will then see why they lost and then L2play not L2kill mark

They

get

better

faster

due

to

the

mark

It Teaches them to Kill the mark target. So next WF no marks what i do? Who i Kill First? Did it teach me to Look around seeing who doing what and where? Nope i saw Target i went for him. Hell i didnt even look at the spells that they where using i just started killing target. But without the Mark you are like where are thoses heals coming from. You look around OH i see its that guy and look he is using that skill i see now that what healer are like i see ok now i know better than just going Where that target be at.

It is not a L2P it is I KNOW WHERE HE IS AT ALL TIMES. I see you behind that wall you can be great at LoS but with that big *** Icon i can see you threw that wall and bam i got you all your great pole dance hiding was for NOTHING I CAN SEE YOU THERE WITH THE ICON. That alone Right There takes alot of the L2P that you seem to like to ram down people neck. What Learn to Play i know the damn healer is right there i did not have to learn nothing but see a giant Icon on his head. Did i have to watch for the healer coming from behind the wall throwing heals and ducking back trying to find him NO. I Saw threw the wall this big target above him saying here i am my skills at LoS are now void You got me!!!

It takes away alot of the L2P.

you that fail you gotta hide behind walls or in walls? Maybe THAT's why you are getting marked...taking advantage of a wall glitch makes it impossible to target you which now I see why they needed one. And if you aren't using a glitch then you are STILL standing in one spot if "coming from behind the wall throwing heals and ducking back...". Standing still in PvP is instant death in this game. No wonder! So it's one of those two things...you are taking advantage of a wall glitch to avoid being targeted and the only way they CAN target ya is a mark, or you are just standing there as you said in your post only coming out to heal as people run by....So which is it? Exploiting or standing still...either way it's definitely L2P now....you have no point

you that fail you gotta hide behind walls or in walls? Maybe THAT's why you are getting marked...taking advantage of a wall glitch makes it impossible to target you which now I see why they needed one. And if you aren't using a glitch then you are STILL standing in one spot if "coming from behind the wall throwing heals and ducking back...". Standing still in PvP is instant death in this game. No wonder! So it's one of those two things...you are taking advantage of a wall glitch to avoid being targeted and the only way they CAN target ya is a mark, or you are just standing there as you said in your post only coming out to heal as people run by....So which is it? Exploiting or standing still...either way it's definitely L2P now....you have no point

WoW for real you never pole danced or hide behind things in WF ever to LoS people. There is no hacking. It is i know you are behind that pillars to line of sight people like in wow arena or wf? With the icon I see you behind the pillars i know you are there and which side you are going to come out to heal from and Bam dead meat. The icon took away some of the L2P be aware of where the healer is i know where that healer is at all times. I dont think you even read the post i made.

And you never walked up the stairs in the Alderaan WF in the middle and use the wall where you walk from up top and use the over head to LoS people? Then jump down have them follow you and run back up stairs? Have you played in a WF before?

Edited by Molatova

WoW for real you never pole danced or hide behind things in WF ever to LoS people. There is no hacking. It is i know you are behind that pillars to line of sight people like in wow arena or wf? With the icon I see you behind the pillars i know you are there and which side you are going to come out to heal from and Bam dead meat. The icon took away some of the L2P be aware of where the healer is i know where that healer is at all times. I dont think you even read the post i made.

And you never walked up the stairs in the Alderaan WF in the middle and use the wall where you walk from up top and use the over head to LoS people? Then jump down have them follow you and run back up stairs? Have you played in a WF before?

nope and dont hide behind walls or stand still like a dummy like you say you do either. I FIGHT...PVP...you know...what you are SUPPOSED to be there for...not hiding and "pole dancing"...definitely L2P if this is how you PvP...means no skill if ya gotta hiide...campers dont win PvP matches they lose them!

you all have went way off the OP you have taken it all out of content and add a lot of BS and She was not place blame of team mates, vent, premades , or anything BUT marking. you all get fired up start READING whats not there in the OP Because you fear losing probably the single more kill that one feature you have that a nub can't mess up on.

Take your damn premades , vent out of it and just think for a second .

She said"Marking healers with raid icons just ends any fun trying to play heal's unless you have a extreme amount of pvp gear. Nothing about vent, premades.

She said"There is no L2play when you have 6 ranged stuns when you spawn and jump out of the walls, etc. etc etc. " anyone can ck on a icon there is no L2play

She said" If you don't have a pre-made group to use cool down to protect heal you die as soon as they see the mark." That's true most of your post is about the fact that you like to mark to do just what she said

That's all she said in the OP you get all flamed UP scared and try to justify the mark with remarks like it don't matter it don't do what you said its not that bad blah blah blah BUT DON"T TAKE IT OUT. you all need to read the OP again and get outside the box of you group you Q with in your premade/vent organized group that you say you don't even need the mark for WE are leet

Edited by Misspriss

nope and dont hide behind walls or stand still like a dummy like you say you do either. I FIGHT...PVP...you know...what you are SUPPOSED to be there for...not hiding and "pole dancing"...definitely L2P if this is how you PvP...means no skill if ya gotta hiide...campers dont win PvP matches they lose them!

So what your saying is me protecting the gun turrent in Alderaan WF making sure someone does not come up and ninja the thing is not pvp and me using skill and the area around me by going behind the stairs coming out healing or shotting people is not pvp and stoping the cap so we keep two for the win is not pvp i have one thing to say. Are you for real that is how you win some pvp right there keeping your turrent's not oh look we capped it well lets all 8 of us go some where eles leave this one unguarded. I mean for real man.

Edited by Molatova

We should be able to mark the healers until we can have full premades. Having to play with randoms mean that you need to guide them somehow and marking is the most efficient and fast way. Learn to play under these circumstanses, as all experienced healers in ANY mmo did, and turn them in your favor.

We should be able to mark the healers until we can have full premades. Having to play with randoms mean that you need to guide them somehow and marking is the most efficient and fast way. Learn to play under these circumstanses, as all experienced healers in ANY mmo did, and turn them in your favor.

DUDE name one just one other mmo where you can mark a enemy you can't so there is other healer's that have had to Learn to play under these circumstances.

That would be bad game machanics like we have here

Edited by Misspriss

DUDE name one just one other mmo where you can mark a enemy you can't so no other healer's that have had to Learn to play under these circumstanses

And they said Bioware wasn't innovative :D

So what your saying is me protecting the gun turrent in Alderaan WF making sure someone does not come up and ninja the thing is not pvp and me using skill and the area around me by going behind the stairs coming out healing or shotting people is not pvp and stoping the cap so we keep two for the win is not pvp i have one thing to say. Are you for real that is how you win some pvp right there keeping your turrent's not oh look we capped it well lets all 8 of us go some where eles leave this one unguarded. I mean for real man.

no im saying dont just stand there and not expect to get killed. The hardest target to kill is a moving target. Just a fact. You admittedly stand around "pole-dancing" and hiding behind walls...you camp...plain and simple. Stand still you get dead real quick. I don't use marks in this game. I'm not a tank. Pay closer attention...I said in AION we used marks on dredge for PUGs and on vent we would mark them verbally. Not hard to tell what a healer looks like with their gear. Not hard to see a green or purple heal radius either. Just mark em back if its an issue which it obviously is for ya. But don't hide behind a wall as you state you or your healer does or pole-dance the entire time...that sets you up an an easy target. Some people have no idea what tactics are and how to use them to their advantage. and if they can't figure out how the come here to complain that it's not fair. Well if ya want fair, wait till August and it will come to town and you can ride all the rides ya want...but if you can use it too then I reckon it IS fair and sounds like ya need to just deal with it or go watch cartoons kiddo! You lost your point by telling me you pole-dance and hide behind objects, standing there an easy target for a whole group, marked or not.

DUDE name one just one other mmo where you can mark a enemy you can't so there is other healer's that have had to Learn to play under these circumstances.

That would be bad game machanics like we have here

Aion...you clearly don't play many games

no im saying dont just stand there and not expect to get killed. The hardest target to kill is a moving target. Just a fact. You admittedly stand around "pole-dancing" and hiding behind walls...you camp...plain and simple. Stand still you get dead real quick. I don't use marks in this game. I'm not a tank. Pay closer attention...I said in AION we used marks on dredge for PUGs and on vent we would mark them verbally. Not hard to tell what a healer looks like with their gear. Not hard to see a green or purple heal radius either. Just mark em back if its an issue which it obviously is for ya. But don't hide behind a wall as you state you or your healer does or pole-dance the entire time...that sets you up an an easy target. Some people have no idea what tactics are and how to use them to their advantage. and if they can't figure out how the come here to complain that it's not fair. Well if ya want fair, wait till August and it will come to town and you can ride all the rides ya want...but if you can use it too then I reckon it IS fair and sounds like ya need to just deal with it or go watch cartoons kiddo! You lost your point by telling me you pole-dance and hide behind objects, standing there an easy target for a whole group, marked or not.

But that not what you said in your older post . ROFLMFAO you said no i don't los wow major fail you said no i don't pole dance major fail no wonder you need marks on heals/vent/premade . I serious doubt that you can stand up to 6 other peeps on you solo with out guard or heals for more then 10seconds like in the OP said she was expected to do no one can. with out los pole dance that would be PVP

you said "The hardest target to kill is a moving target." is BS it the one you can't see is you must play malee

Edited by Misspriss

Aion...you clearly don't play many games

Aion is not a top PVP mmo you don't see anything about there pvp in the media on the web etc etc etc . The power house MMO's are what count you know like wow,gw,rift something that people not from Korea play

Edited by Misspriss

I can see you must only play Huttball because in the other 2 WF if you are a healer or even a sniper you do alot of Dancing around keeping people off you and stand at a turrent. The huttball WF yes you got to be where the action is with the ball carrier is but the other 2 WF there is a lot pole-dancing" and hiding behind walls...you camp...plain and simple keeping people away from the wall and int them from capping the wall by popping out boom boom int the cap till help comes. Or the Gun torrents. And you must have no idea what tactics are and how to use them to their advantage in Alderaan and Voidstar WF. Because LoS and pole dancing in thoses 2 WF comes into play more than you know. You must not be aware of what is going on around you in them WF

Edited by Molatova

But that not what you said in your older post . ROFLMFAO you said no i don't los wow major fail you said no i don't pole dance major fail no wonder you need marks on heals/vent/premade . I serious doubt that you can stand up to 6 other peeps on you solo with out guard or heals for more then 10seconds like in the OP said she was expected to do no one can. with out los pole dance that would be PVP

why is it fail that i don't stand in one place and make myself an easy target? You clearly need to go to the bank, take out a loan, and buy a clue. I marked in AION nooblette. Not in SWTOR. I'm not a tank here. If I were the group leader or tank maybe...but I'm not so I just go fight like a warrior should. If you need to hide all the time and camp one spot by all means...but don't QQ cuz it gets you killed cuz you are too far away from the rest of your group and aren't within guard range. You ain't gonna turn it around on me as I don't hide in PvP...I go get my kills and get killed...thats the name of the game. Too bad they dont teach you that on your Barney shows kiddo....must be awful to be that fail you have to hide an entire PvP match...If I were you...(thankfully I'm not that noob) I wouldn't waste tie with a re-roll...I'd just quit out of utter failure. In Wow it may have been normal to hide and camp the entire time...here it gets you killed...So...Child...still