What the hell is with Quesh?

Elishah

I do quite a bit of pvp and keep up on space dailies, so up until now my problem has been that I've been too rapidly outleveling all of my planetary quests. Then I stumbled into the giant gaping content hole in the Republic mid-30s.

Not only is Quesh several levels higher than Balmorra, the all of the very first quests there require fighting Elites and groups of Strongs. It's as if the whole planet is a heroic area, just incorrectly labeled.

So fine, I went back and did the entire Balmorra bonus series, I did a lot more pvp and space missions, leveled up a couple of times, upgraded all of my gear, came to give Quesh another go and... died in my first fight.

What exactly is one expected to do here? About 40 hours of straight pvp until you outlevel the planet enough to actually complete it and move on?

I dunno about the Rep bit of Quesh, but I don't think I had those problems on the Empire side.

Besides, to me Quesh always seemed like an after-thought. It only covers 1 level between Taris and Hoth (iirc) for the Empire.

Do Balmorra bonus missions?

Balmorra and Taris are switched around in the level ranges in comparison to the Empire side.

God knows why. This needless separation of the factions is one more thing separating this game from being more like a traditional MMO.

Edited by Tarka

I had zero problem with Quesh. I reached it about a couple levels above it's recommended level. I did no heroics, no pvp, no space missions, no flashpoints, just quests and bonus quests. Also, i don't ever remember running into a heroic area while doing the Quesh quests.

As Republic Smuggler.

Edited by Alxandria

I was several levels over-leveled for Quesh when I got there (doing only PvE questing, no space or PvP), but that was with a Sith.

Did you miss a bonus series somewhere back a ways, like Nar Shaddaa or Alderaan? I know a lot of people who missed those, because they didn't bump into the quest giver(s) on the Fleet (and I imagine it's the same for the Republic).

Edit to add: I know you can't go back and do those quest series if you DID miss them, because they're too low level, I'm just offering a possible explanation for being under-leveled for Quesh.

Edited by Shaz

Balmorra and Taris are switched around in the level ranges in comparison to the Empire side.

God knows why. This needless separation of the factions is one more thing separating this game from being more like a traditional MMO.

I think it's to have a story going with each planet.

Republic arrives on Balmorra after Empire destroyed the resistance.

Empire arrives on Taris after the Republic has started the resettlement efforts and is there to crush it.

A lot of Republic quests are harder, I noticed on Alderraan that you fight a lot of elites as Republic and you don't as Empire.

Haven't made it to Quesh on my Republic character though.

F-ing hated Quesh. I did my class story and got the hell out of there. The few quests that they have are not that hard, it was more my class quest that i got stuck on (jedi consular- sage). I asked people form general chat to help and a Smuggler ended up helping me. Not under leveled or anything, and had good gear on, had no idea why i could not do it on my own. :confused:

did you do the nar shaddaa bonus? i missed it the first time around because it was stated at the fleet and i don't go there often.

I did the full bonus series on Taris and Balmorra, and about half the one on Nar Shaddaa. I wouldn't have expected those to be necessary at all, given that they're bonus quests, but apparently even they weren't enough.

I'm already rank 24 from pvp, and have done the pvp and space dailies every day. Short of grinding out 2-3 more levels without any quests, I have no idea what one is supposed to do here.

I do quite a bit of pvp and keep up on space dailies, so up until now my problem has been that I've been too rapidly outleveling all of my planetary quests. Then I stumbled into the giant gaping content hole in the Republic mid-30s.

Not only is Quesh several levels higher than Balmorra, the all of the very first quests there require fighting Elites and groups of Strongs. It's as if the whole planet is a heroic area, just incorrectly labeled.

So fine, I went back and did the entire Balmorra bonus series, I did a lot more pvp and space missions, leveled up a couple of times, upgraded all of my gear, came to give Quesh another go and... died in my first fight.

What exactly is one expected to do here? About 40 hours of straight pvp until you outlevel the planet enough to actually complete it and move on?

i hated Quesh as republic scoundrel. Luckily, you don't have to stay there very long. just do class quest and get out.

... This needless separation of the factions is one more thing separating this game from being more like a traditional MMO.

Glad I am not the only one that see this, and I am still not sure why a MMO does this.

But Quesh is definitely different on the Empire side, since there were no Heroics. The only place I didnt have to spend hours upon hours begging for a team.

Edited by Steelyeye

i hated Quesh as republic scoundrel. Luckily, you don't have to stay there very long. just do class quest and get out.

Right, except the class quest ( http://www.torhead.com/mission/fpFEix/attis-station#comments ) is exactly what I'm trying to do, that involves fighting groups of strongs and elites.

Notice that that's a page full of comments of people discussing how crazily difficult it is. Similarly, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=77090 and http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=207687 and http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=101010 .

Edited by Elishah

I have noticed myself Republic tends to fight more gold mobs than Empire which is rather unfair. I got a 50 warrior already. My Republic toons are starting Quesh and my remaining Empire are on Taris. There's a quest on Nar Shaddaa you get during the bonus series for Republic. It's not required for the bonus series, but has you kill 3 gold sith apprentices that hit like trucks. Then in the bonus series on Balmorra for Republic, they get a bonus quest that has them kill a champion with 77k health followed by a second one with 100k and neither are listed as heroic quests. >.> I have yet to get to Quesh but now I'm dreading it. I know on Empire, neither side get just annoying side quests.

It's no wonder no one plays Republic. It's too damn hard to quest unless you're like 5 levels above the content half the time. Even then, you'll have trouble. Empire has it a lot easier. They really need to bring the questing experience in line with each other. It's ridiculous when you quest on Empire and get maybe 2 quests every 10 levels for a gold mob but that can be soloed, but Republic gets it every single planet and you often have to kill 3+ of them rather than one. If Empire has to kill a gold, they only have to kill 1.

Maybe I'm missing something here. If I read the OP and later comments correctly, you are saying that you are level 24. Quesh is for levels 36-37. Level 24 won't stand a chance there. At the recommended levels, my scoundrel had no particular difficulty on Quesh except for one mission.

Did I read something wrong about your level?

Maybe I'm missing something here. If I read the OP and later comments correctly, you are saying that you are level 24. Quesh is for levels 36-37. Level 24 won't stand a chance there. At the recommended levels, my scoundrel had no particular difficulty on Quesh except for one mission.

I'm level 37. I'm valor rank 24; I mentioned that just to clarify that I've done a substantial amount of pvp along the way, with the xp that that entails.

weird, I don't remember having any particular trouble with Quesh on my JKG, and I'm the sort who doesn't do space, pvp, fp, nor heroics. I do bonus series, and I'm usually right on level for each planet.

Is this one of those Class quests opportunities to choose between two planets, and you're choosing the higher level of the two accidentally?

F-ing hated Quesh. I did my class story and got the hell out of there. The few quests that they have are not that hard, it was more my class quest that i got stuck on (jedi consular- sage). I asked people form general chat to help and a Smuggler ended up helping me. Not under leveled or anything, and had good gear on, had no idea why i could not do it on my own. :confused:

2 silver mobs + a gold mob, all of your own level can do that. I went through the exact same thing. Some combinations of mobs in that room are very easy to do, but there are 2 slightly harder compositions you have to deal with..

Quesh isn't hard overall, just some class quests are. Just like how the Balmorra end boss for imperial class quests can be a pain. Overall, I actually found the Imperial arcs slightly tougher than the Republic ones.

I believe he said he was valor 24.