Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. But what's the worst that could happen if we try to ask? They continue to ignore us like they already are. Can't really get any worse so might as well give it a shot. If we don't ask it certainly won't get answered. If we do ask at least we have a shot.

I agree... unfortunately I will be in classes/labs throughout the day while they are streaming, so I likely wont be of much help :( . Good luck to anyone that can though :) .

It's streaming on the 5th: link

Edited by emusan

I am thinking this week's strategy really will really depend on what kind of access non-attendees will have to this Guild Summit - which really may be where they will have something substantive to say regarding same-gender content.

At least, that is my hope.

If they don't I don't really know. Let's see what is up with our access to Guild Summit discussions / events, I suppose, and take it from there.

Oh I have no illusion that SGRA will be coming in 1.2, it won't be. But that is definitely the vibe Bioware "wants" people to get from it hoping it stops subscription cancellations.

They're too late. I cancelled my subscription. I'm just upset that I stupidly purchased a 6 month subscription from the get go.

Has anyone heard anything about leaked information about patch 1.5 and that it would contain what we're waiting on? Someone on the Bioware Social forums (in the s/s thread for ME3) mentioned a leak.

I've not heard anything like that. (I mean, patch 1.2 seems to be the news at the moment *shrug*)

I'm going to put it down to general internet misinformation, but if anyone knows anything...

Well with my time zone being really off i doubt i will be awake at that time, as usual we are ignored in the Q&A thread but whats new really?

Kharistos, I don't exactly think we're being ignored, I'm simply thinking that they're just busy. I mean think about how many thing they have to clarify. I do agree that it'd be nice for them to clarify something soon, but the thing is, BioWare representatives are quite busy. However, they said they were going to do it and so I trust them to implement SGR. I mean, look at Juhani from KotOR 1, she was interested in women only and BioWare created KotOR 1.

If they do speak of this in the Summit, then I'm quite sure there will be a full battalion of people ready to exclaim excitedness or to be incredibly angry and rage here that it's all our fault for wanting SGR.

Has anyone heard anything about leaked information about patch 1.5 and that it would contain what we're waiting on? Someone on the Bioware Social forums (in the s/s thread for ME3) mentioned a leak.

I've not heard anything like that. (I mean, patch 1.2 seems to be the news at the moment *shrug*)

I'm going to put it down to general internet misinformation, but if anyone knows anything...

The only think I've seen about 1.5 is the leaks that torhead has posted and they say nothing about anything companion related.

The only think I've seen about 1.5 is the leaks that torhead has posted and they say nothing about anything companion related.

I had a feeling the poster in question was talking out of his (her?) behind.

Seems like Bioware leaks like a sieve when it comes to Mass Effect, but not so much for SWTOR.

Indeed. I suspect it would involve a black hole.

I have some suggestions for the Dev Team that involve a black hole... :mad:

Okay, so that is not an especially constructive comment.

On the other hand, I think it is important that it be understood that the continuing unwillingness of the team to speak on this subject is definitely taking a toll on the trust and respect of what BioWare has alleged to acknowlege is not an insignificant part of its player base. So yeah - the "suggestions" stand.

I'm a reasonable person. I am reasonably unhappy. And BioWare ought to understand that.

Edited by Uluain

You know, this has not been my best week. :( Still not a word on SGRA's, finally lost all interest in playing TOR because of my cast of characters being locked on cooldown as I wait for news, and as if that weren't enough, apparently all those rumors about my FemShep being able to finally hook up with Tali and Ashley in Mass Effect 3 are most likely false.

Looks like Bioware as a whole might have to be downgraded a bit on my list of developers to buy blindly from. :rolleyes: My subscription ends on the 20th, and I highly doubt I'll stick around beyond that, unless on the 19th they announce all companions will be opened up to both genders. One or two token companions just won't be enough now, I'm afraid.

Edited by Raiellyn

You know, this has not been my best week. :( Still not a word on SGRA's, finally lost all interest in playing TOR because of my cast of characters being locked on cooldown as I wait for news, and as if that weren't enough, apparently all those rumors about my FemShep being able to finally hook up with Tali and Ashley in Mass Effect 3 are most likely false.

Looks like Bioware as a whole might have to be downgraded a bit on my list of developers to buy blindly from. :rolleyes: My subscription ends on the 20th, and I highly doubt I'll stick around beyond that, unless on the 19th they announce all companions will be opened up to both genders. One or two token companions just won't be enough now, I'm afraid.

I want to address the ME3 thing here, but I'm pretty sure that's off topic. I was wrong to bring it up over on the BSN FFTL thread, because Edmonton and Austin are not all that tied to each other. Regardless, Lesbian Female Shepards have about twice as many choices as Gay Male Shepards in ME3. And... At least we GET s/s options for both genders in ME3!

I've just swapped over to Dalborra (the Asian Pacific PvE server), I decided to reroll everyone (including Jan'neria, who is now a level 1 Imperial Agent again) rather than wait until late April for transfers. So maybe if I drag my heels, I'll get at least one of my alts in an s/s relationship before they hit 50. (Jan is sitting in the starting area waiting for that, fortunately I am starting University (as a mature age student) on Monday, so I'll have less time to play. which will give them more time to get this in.)

I for one think the same gender romance options should not be left in the hands of the writers. The players are the only ones that can interact with their compainons, and it is suppose to be OUR story in the starwars universe. any compainon that is currently or in the future able to be romanced by the opposite gender should be romancable by the same gender.

Let me also say again that at present I am not buying any more Bioware games because of this feature not being in the game at present. I was planning on buying ME 3 before launch, but the omission of SGRA in this game from bioware who in the past when character romances are a staple in the Bioware brand of the game to be polite is disapointing.

in a game where there is such mature content including murder, slavery, racism, and torture but not having same gender romances speaks volumes on what the people at Bioware think about same gender romances.

I will not support a company that thinks its ok to have that stuff in a game but it is somehow wrong to have the abilty to choose who I love.