Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Nor did they say no to including it in other BW SW games. ;)

I could have sworn that LucasArts nixed the Juhani romance in KotOR, I seem to remember reading it somewhere. And I just played through that game again as a LS female Revan last year and there was no declaration of love or anything like that from Juhani, just she and my character acknowledging that they were very special to each other and that they would see what came of it after everything was over. But I looked up Juhani's entry in the Wookieepedia and... well, it's hard to say. So I could be wrong about LA's involvement in this, not sure. *shrug*

Either way, I've got almost an hour to keep checking the Dev Tracker before I head out. Once again, here's hoping - this much of a delay in the Q&A being posted has me wondering if it'll be something big. Eh, we'll see.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kotor only had one char that insterest in homosexual relation what you guys suggest is make all companion romance-able that way that not right. what bioware want do is make one companion that way which is fair. it does change ever romance-able companion it add more content. One thing you guys aren't consider is that those companion homosexual weren't all the companion that romance-able in tor. yet here you are want change it from all them see bioware offer one companion that way it easy avoid walk down that path with that companion and give something to explore to other players. instead tried change all companion you should tried figure which companion where origin that way. I doubt vette or mako or kira where that they too much main chars. ever ashara has proof that she wasn't that way

Like said like bioware suggest

if i am correct bioware didn't make all companion the way you suggest them to be like. companion are like people they unqiue in they interest. it exactly same with us

kotor only had one char that insterest in homosexual relation what you guys suggest is make all companion romance-able that way that not right. what bioware want do is make one companion that way which is fair. it does change ever romance-able companion it add more content. One thing you guys aren't consider is that those companion homosexual weren't all the companion that romance-able in tor. yet here you are want change it from all them see bioware offer one companion that way it easy avoid walk down that path with that companion and give something to explore to other players. instead tried change all companion you should tried figure which companion where origin that way. I doubt vette or mako or kira where that they too much main chars. ever ashara has proof that she wasn't that way

Like said like bioware suggest

if i am correct bioware didn't make all companion the way you suggest them to be like. companion are like people they unqiue in they interest. it exactly same with us

TOR Isn't KOTOR, It's a bioware game.

No, it isn't.

These characters aren't free to choose to join our character or not. By selecting a class to play, you determine what companions you will have. Those with romance options will fall in love with your character if you engage the mechanism to raise affection and choose appropriate conversational forks. It's all pretty pre-determined.

Nothing would be lost by making the companions romanceable by your character regardless of gender. Some NPCs maybe won't fit this, like Doc. In that case, other options may appear. We don't know.

But these are not people like us. They are scripts and animations that tell a story we help choose. That's all.

I could have sworn that LucasArts nixed the Juhani romance in KotOR, I seem to remember reading it somewhere. And I just played through that game again as a LS female Revan last year and there was no declaration of love or anything like that from Juhani, just she and my character acknowledging that they were very special to each other and that they would see what came of it after everything was over. But I looked up Juhani's entry in the Wookieepedia and... well, it's hard to say. So I could be wrong about LA's involvement in this, not sure. *shrug*

Either way, I've got almost an hour to keep checking the Dev Tracker before I head out. Once again, here's hoping - this much of a delay in the Q&A being posted has me wondering if it'll be something big. Eh, we'll see.

/shrug I thought she was a romance option, I could be completely wrong there. In any case, whether she was or wasn't, whatever they have or haven't done in the EU, is all beside the point. All that matters is what they have and haven't done in SW:TOR.

what bioware want do is make one companion that way which is fair.

Unless you're a developer - which I highly doubt, or you wouldn't be here posting - then you have no more idea of what Bioware want to do than we do. Your opinions are opinions. Don't present them as fact.

Nothing would be lost by making the companions romanceable by your character regardless of gender. Some NPCs maybe won't fit this, like Doc. In that case, other options may appear. We don't know.

All I'll say is, if I don't get a Kira and Mako romance I'm done with this game for good, even if they do implement SGRA's with new characters in the future.

yes tor is continue part kotor the dev refer through 3-11 of kotor

No it is A spiritual successor, Bioware devs stated it was like KotOR 3-11, not that it WAS, since KotOR, BioWare has actively increased the amount of SGRAs in their video games, get over it.

Juhani from KotOR was only romancable by a Fem-Revan, Visas Marr is romancable by either Gender Exile in KotOR II.

And Elara!

Really all of them unless there is some completely insurmountable story concession with a character like Doc, but he is the only example I've ever seen given, and I'm not sure how accurate that example is anyway.

Adding a same gender option doesn't change that companion at all for the opposite gender players. It is a silly argument.

Really all of them unless there is some completely insurmountable story concession with a character like Doc, but he is the only example I've ever seen given, and I'm not sure how accurate that example is anyway.

Adding a same gender option doesn't change that companion at all for the opposite gender players. It is a silly argument.

Oh, Doc could totally be overcompensating. Any of the characters could be straight, gay or bi.

We were ignored again, and they didn't even have a full amount of answers as they claimed to do every week, there is not going to be another Q&A thread till the 16th now, waiting for the Guild Summit.

That's just... really sad.

S/he's saying that as we're the minority we should shut up and not exercise our right to ask for more information, nor to make suggestions about what should be in the game. Furthermore s/he is saying we're selfish, and is quoting Spock as 'evidence'.

Ah okay, well with that, I can tell exactly what that user's intentions actually are.

We were ignored again, and they didn't even have a full amount of answers as they claimed to do every week, there is not going to be another Q&A thread till the 16th now, waiting for the Guild Summit.

Did anyone expect anything else? :rolleyes: Its pretty funny though they didn't even answer 10 questions and still skipped ours. Not surprised they didn't put a new thread up for new questions. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing is just forgotten about after the guild summit and they just stop doing them.

Edited by Nozybidaj

Did anyone expect anything else? :rolleyes: Its pretty funny though they didn't even answer 10 questions and still skipped ours.

Yeah. That's not on. I was willing to make allowances for them up until this point. If they can't cover all of the questions but still won't answer ours, that's just neglect.

let me point something out it would dangerous from dev reveal what you ask them to reveal think how troll you have on the discuss page how bad it get

That's just melodrama, sorry. It wouldn't be 'dangerous'. It's not like we're going to storm their offices and put them to the torch. We just want information and a bit of dialogue.

Oh and just to clear up, they aren't posting another Q&A thread for us to post in, whatsoever, they are leaving everything till the guild summit.

Yeah, well. Maybe they plan to reveal stuff then, but from the complete silence we've received thus far I'd say 'probably not'.

Yeah, well. Maybe they plan to reveal stuff then, but from the complete silence we've received thus far I'd say 'probably not'.

Yeah I wouldn't expect it. I do think they are just hoping the issue goes away on its own. In anycase I assume my forum access is going to run out sometime before then anyway. I'll post my prepared question here in case there is any new Q&A's afterwards and someone needs a question to post. :p

According to the recent interview given to Kotaku.com (link) Bioware co-founder and EA Senior Vice President Ray Muzyka has stated that same gender romances are "part of the expectation of a role-playing game" and also "part of the expectation of a Bioware game".

So far the Bioware - Austin studio has failed to deliver on this expectation of what it means to be a Bioware game, much to the displeasure of a significant and loyal part of the Bioware fanbase.

What is Bioware - Austin doing to correct this, how are they planning to add this content to the game (either through new companions or with the existing romance options), and what sort of time table are we looking at (weeks, months, years)?