Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well (and I may be overly optimistic here) I got the distinct feeling from that Q&A that they didn't answer a lot of things because so much is coming in either 1.2 or is already planned for announcement at the guild summit that they -can't- answer some of the other stuff. So, I'm still going to hold out hope that there's more info coming in the guild summit/1.2 patch notes.

So, I'm still going to hold out hope that there's more info coming in the guild summit/1.2 patch notes.

I'd love to believe that, but then why not simply tell us that there'll be more information coming soon?

I'd love to believe that, but then why not simply tell us that there'll be more information coming soon?

Precisely. Even a 'We can't comment because that info's already scheduled to be released very soon' would be more than enough to tide me over. But no. Nothing.

Some things they choose to talk about, some things they don't. One possibility is that, since they've already stated that SGRs are going to be in the game, they would rather announce new things than talk about something already announced. Not that I wouldn't appreciate some new information, but still.

Something I've been thinking about: BioWare announced that SGRs would be future content long, long before they were ready to implement them. Considering how many features people have asked about and heard nothing about, whether BioWare is going to implement them or not, I'm actually really glad we have confirmation. BioWare has quite a few things they've said they're working on but don't have an ETA for yet; at least one was mentioned in this week's Q&A. So as much as I'd like to hear more, that just puts this feature along with other upcoming stuff.

Just a thought. *shrug* I have stuff about this line of thought that comes from one of Stephen Reid's quotes, but I don't have the time now to get the quote and explain why I think what I do. Hopefully later.

Yea.

I've cancelled my subscription and let them know why. I'll be happy to come back when and if they ever at least acknowledge the issue, even if it ends up being resolved against us. But as it is, I don't think giving a company that refuses to even communicate with me my money sends them the right message.

I do enjoy the game. But not more than I enjoy being treated like a customer, rather than an embarrassing guy who needs to be ignored while you take his cash.

Some things they choose to talk about, some things they don't. One possibility is that, since they've already stated that SGRs are going to be in the game, they would rather announce new things than talk about something already announced.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the question about server maintenance times has been asked and answered on the forums before.

Some things they choose to talk about, some things they don't. One possibility is that, since they've already stated that SGRs are going to be in the game, they would rather announce new things than talk about something already announced. Not that I wouldn't appreciate some new information, but still.

They answered questions to questions they answered in last week's Q&A. They weren't worried about announcing new stuff. :p

Edited by Nozybidaj

Something I've been thinking about: BioWare announced that SGRs would be future content long, long before they were ready to implement them. Considering how many features people have asked about and heard nothing about, whether BioWare is going to implement them or not, I'm actually really glad we have confirmation. BioWare has quite a few things they've said they're working on but don't have an ETA for yet; at least one was mentioned in this week's Q&A. So as much as I'd like to hear more, that just puts this feature along with other upcoming stuff.

Just a thought. *shrug* I have stuff about this line of thought that comes from one of Stephen Reid's quotes, but I don't have the time now to get the quote and explain why I think what I do. Hopefully later.

You make excellent points. I might have faith in them later but right now I'm just so very, very disappointed. There were plenty of questions, not just ours, that they could have answered but didn't, and haven't said a damn thing about why. Right now I'm seeing more in this to indicate that they aren't answering because they just refuse to, not because they have a reason for not telling us.

I mean... the Q&A wasn't even full. I think every group that got ignored this time around could be excused for feeling a bit neglected.

I mean... the Q&A wasn't even full. I think every group that got ignored this time around could be excused for feeling a bit neglected.

That's actually what I was thinking, this time, Kioma. It's not just us getting hosed, anymore.

I wonder what could be happening to involve so many topics getting less information?

I wonder what could be happening to involve so many topics getting less information?

Its probably one of two things. Either 1.2 is going to be a massive update that fixes everyone's problems or they are figuring out they don't have the expertise to run an MMO. They certainly don't know how to run a community.

Its probably one of two things. Either 1.2 is going to be a massive update that fixes everyone's problems or they are figuring out they don't have the expertise to run an MMO. They certainly don't know how to run a community.

Apparently 1.2 is the Jesus Patch... that's the vibe I'm getting. Whether it answers our concern specifically is a whole different question.

Apparently 1.2 is the Jesus Patch... that's the vibe I'm getting. Whether it answers our concern specifically is a whole different question.

Oh I have no illusion that SGRA will be coming in 1.2, it won't be. But that is definitely the vibe Bioware "wants" people to get from it hoping it stops subscription cancellations.

Yeah imo to me they seemed lazy with just answering 8 questions. Waiting for a response on this is like waiting for heck to freeze over. :(

You wanna see something hilarious? Check out this snippet of an email I received from SWTOR customer service yesterday after writing to complain about the thread closures and redirects, and more generally the issue of how communication about the implementations of SGRA's is being handled: (Bolded emphasis is mine)

[sNIP]...I hope you will bear with us as we work towards introducing same gender flirting and character content. You are probably tired of hearing me say this, but our continued dialogue with our community with regards to this and other defining issues is what improves and matures Star Wars: The Old Republic in to the truly all encompassing experience we all want it to be.

Uh...what?

To which I responded:

[sNIP]...there has been absolutely no dialogue (let alone "continued" dialogue) with the community on these issues for nearly six months! If there had been, I would not be writing to you at this time. I cannot fathom in what reality Stephen Reid and his team could possibly think that this kind of dismissive attitude would make LGBT players feel welcome, appreciated, or valued.

Honestly, I'm not even mad anymore. I've already cancelled my sub. Meanwhile, they've continued to make sure we know the extent of their apathy to our concerns, so... there's really nothing more to say.

This is sooooooo not about how or when they choose to implement game content. Its not even about simple communication anymore. This is about how you treat your community. To that end, I've seen more than enough, and I know all I need to know. /shrug

You are probably tired of hearing me say this, but our continued dialogue with our community with regards to this and other defining issues

LOL That is pretty funny. "Continued Dialogue" would imply there actually is dialogue. :D I'd hate to see what they call ignoring an issue...

idk its hard to say if I could actually see them answering something about sgra at the guild summit. If anything I bet questions will be screened. :(

True. But what's the worst that could happen if we try to ask? They continue to ignore us like they already are. Can't really get any worse so might as well give it a shot. If we don't ask it certainly won't get answered. If we do ask at least we have a shot.