Gs/snipers, 100% useless for competitive play

poulpatine

it IS a flatout damage absorb like a sorc bubble - just not as much. (I think, in my gear, its about 1500)

I think it is 13% of your max HP + healing x 2.5... something like that.

It is a bit more than 2k, also it has no GCD, unlike Sorc bubble, which is 17% HP + healing x 3.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little disappointed there was no mention of GS/Sniper in the IGN interview... maybe in the coming weeks?

Part of the interview you didn't see

BW: "Changes to GS/Sniper? Hahaha ha ha....people still play that class? Isn't that the class that go into cover or something?"

IGN: "I hear space droid can now gain affection?"

BW: "Yes, we've made changes to it due to public demand"

A sniper hit me today in a wz for 3945 non crit, NON CRIT make sure you put that in your notes.

Also Im full champ/BM gear with 680 expertise (sorc)

You're a class in light armor. Why wouldn't we be able to hit you for this much?

Edited by ThePoomz

A sniper hit me today in a wz for 3945 non crit, NON CRIT make sure you put that in your notes.

BS Alert....BS Alert.....

Didn't happen....

OP speaks the truth.....

BW: "Changes to GS/Sniper? Hahaha ha ha....people still play that class? Isn't that the class that go into cover or something?"

Man, that's the truth of it....

If this were sages/sorcs BW woulda brought server down for hotfix.

let me see an SS.

I do not believe you.

I can believe it - my highest crit on Ambush after nerf in PvP so far was ~6500 damage, so this means that if it would be a hit - it would be pretty close to 4k.

I am also pretty sure this crit was not after Shatter Shot, so it could go 3-5% higher.

And even, even if he is talking out of his *** - 3.5k Ambush non-crit on a sorc is entirely believable.

I can believe it - my highest crit on Ambush after nerf in PvP so far was ~6500 damage, so this means that if it would be a hit - it would be pretty close to 4k.

I am also pretty sure this crit was not after Shatter Shot, so it could go 3-5% higher.

And even, even if he is talking out of his *** - 3.5k Ambush non-crit on a sorc is entirely believable.

Let us see a Screenshot then.

My morning laugh right there. Thanks.

It wasn't non crit, it was just a normal crit. My GS has 480 damage bonus (over 500 power and over 1500 cunning + buffs) and i have the rakata power adrenal and aim shot cannot non-crit for 4k on a sorc of your gear. This was definitely a crit and you were mistaken.

there are snipers that give trouble. there are hopeless snipers, that are worthless.

sniper is a hard target anyways, because u cant charge to him, u cant cc him with a bunker shield on. btw each spec is different by playstyle. try engineering - its realy amazing when u need some burst damage. use marksmanship when u need constant single shots that make people wet pants. or use lethality to annoy ur enemies with millions of dots.

no way i find snipers/gunslingers gimped. if u let ur back opened to some - it will be ur fatal mistake.

i play pyro merc and for him its constant los+cure war vs snipers.

for my marauder alt its a headache when i get my *** pointed by awesome snipe mark. and i think to myself "ffs i cant charge!" :D

Edited by Akfourtys

4k non-crit ambush is impossible. Modded full BM gear + rakata stim+ rakata power adrenal + BM power relic can give you about 3600-3700 maximum base ambush damage. You can get +12.6% pvp damage at max from BM gear which is compensated by light armor even with shatter shot. So, if your target is not naked...

I play a lot of warzones and while shieldtech or any tank spec is utter crap in PvP I still can handle snipers. I think that says a lot. The only annoying thing is that I have to cc to close the gap when they are covered. Without a proper option to close the gap I understand why you should fear giving the sniper too much damage, but right now snipers are still doable you only have to worry the veterans, new snipers can even be ignored is most warzones as you ditch them by going behind and object and if they go out of cover to follow,.. I can close the gap.

Not playing a sniper, hope this helps this class to get some more attention.

so true!

there are snipers that give trouble. there are hopeless snipers, that are worthless.

sniper is a hard target anyways, because u cant charge to him, u cant cc him with a bunker shield on. btw each spec is different by playstyle. try engineering - its realy amazing when u need some burst damage. use marksmanship when u need constant single shots that make people wet pants. or use lethality to annoy ur enemies with millions of dots.

no way i find snipers/gunslingers gimped. if u let ur back opened to some - it will be ur fatal mistake.

i play pyro merc and for him its constant los+cure war vs snipers.

for my marauder alt its a headache when i get my *** pointed by awesome snipe mark. and i think to myself "ffs i cant charge!" :D

Explain how you're getting burst damage in engineering that's greater than MM and I will give you a gold star. Honestly I just don't see it. Maybe I am missing something but all I see is contingency charges that do maybe 400 damage each, extra aoe (which isn't burst), and the 800 damage dot off speedshot (but you don't get the 30% crit damage on it).

lolol barely hit 5k with full temps up on a light armor opponent who probably had little to no expertise while at the same time he spent a gcd to debuff him.

I dont know what you are trying to prove but it looks like snipers are going to be useless in rated wzs

lolol barely hit 5k with full temps up on a light armor opponent who probably had little to no expertise while at the same time he spent a gcd to debuff him.

I dont know what you are trying to prove but it looks like snipers are going to be useless in rated wzs

That was the point i was trying to make -_-