Economic Changes in Patch 1.1.5

CourtneyWoods

I honestly think you should remove an item from the game altogether and give a refund to the owners before you should make something no longer available. I'd even prefer seeing seasonal items/mounts/pets in game before discontinued items.

If the problem was the mounts were too big, leaving them in the game won't solve anything.

Also to all the complainers about what is the point of going LS/DS: it's called a character... give your toon a character and stop thinking about what benefits you the most. I guess it would take someone from an RP server to say this....

Edited by cyanidematt

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I hope is that they don't remove the Korealis commander tomorrow. I have saved up now and bought the vip access and am 200k short of the mount. If they make it cheaper for a limited amoutn of time I don't mind but if they remove it now im gonna cry ><

In the movies Blaster fire was usually red regardless of side you are on, tie fighters and turret lasers were green, and x-wings red. So restricting it for faction for all classes doesn't make sense. I mean if you do buy the Sith use red Jedi blue and green why should my bounty hunter be restricted? I'm no imperial. And restricting it that way is annoying, complicated, and pointless.

Well, fair enough. I am still against Jedi using red and Sith using blue.

So, complaint is still lacking any sense, there is no mystical portion of the crystal that does

not work for certain people based on accident of birth or life choices....

Call it tradition and as someone mentioned - access to natural or synthetic crystals. Either way even if you look at the intro cinematics all Sith use red and all Jedi - blue and green. I can see no benefit from removing restrictions - it's just catering to whiners.

Explain General Grievous....

He did not seem to have an issue using trophy sabers...

One he was a attempt at experimental resurrection. He is entirely machine minus a fue organs. This also gave him a large amount of extra sensory imput and Dexterity that allowed him to effectively learn lightsaber forms from dooku. (he was also transfused with midi-chlorian rich blood in attempt to gain force sensativity, but that however failed)

In canon non force sensatives could fight with a saber but without a large degree of situational awareness they would be incapable of preforming all but the most basic of kata without injuring or killing them self, let alone preform advanced forms. Even force sensatives take a large amount of time to learn how to use a saber without injury. This is why training sabers are used, to teach the user not to smack him self with a near weightless blade. (in the case of sith they generally used electrically charged / sharped swords, insted of blunt training sabers)

Edited by lokivoid

good GREAT and FREAKING WONDERFUL BioWare!!! You may well be the first example of an MMO company actually listening to the masses and making proactive, active, prompt fixes. Let's face it...you made a n AAAA+ game, but with an incomplete economic model and processes. Just finish it for us as only you can!!! And please don't stop with what you are discussing...we still have work to do with the GTM functionality and resource aquisition/availability.

All i want is for them to take away the "bind to player" crap. I want to make speeders for my guild mates that cant affored one. But as soon as you build one it is automatically bound to the player that created it. So i cant even sell it on the GTM or a vender. Just allow us an option to take the bind off the item.Make it like when you replace a mod in a item and it charges you for it, that would be fine. Oh and give us sprit at the very start dam it !

*** aren't speeders like 20k?

Please keep the color crystals restricted to allignment... this game has more rpg'ers then any other mmo by % due to the fans of the story before the game.. and you stomping all over the lore is going to piss alot of people off.. including myself

White crystals will be nice, but taking away the light side/dark side restrictions? Sith using Red and Jedi using Green and Blue is a Star Wars staple. Just look at the movies, cartoons, and even the intro cinematics here.

I like that Jedi who are on the Light Side *can't* use Red or Orange Crystals, and same for Dark Side Sith using Blue and Green, and that using the opposite color marks your "grey or neutral alignment".

I hope they reconsider this. If Bioware wants to "listen to the masses", how about an option to get rid of hoods? Now that would be an outcry worth listening too, not one that breaks with Star Wars tradition.

Edited by NSStember

Don't like the color crystal change and the change to speeder training is silly.

40k for initial training is fine, it is the crazy amount for the next 2 tiers to move a whopping 10% faster each time that's the problem. 213k to go from 90% to 100% and then another 313k to go from 100% to 110% is just silly, I'll stick to 90% and use my creds on something more worthwhile.

Don't like the color crystal change and the change to speeder training is silly.

40k for initial training is fine, it is the crazy amount for the next 2 tiers to move a whopping 10% faster each time that's the problem. 213k to go from 90% to 100% and then another 313k to go from 100% to 110% is just silly, I'll stick to 90% and use my creds on something more worthwhile.

The difference between Tier 2 and Tier 3 is more than speed. You're also much less likely to get knocked off your speeder by roving mobs. Just FYI.

However, I think Tier 2 and Tier 3 need to be *faster* .. 120% for T2 and 150% for T3.

Edited by SturmUndSterne

However, I think Tier 2 and Tier 3 need to be *faster* .. 120% for T2 and 150% for T3.

There was a lot of fight from BETA testers for 100%, 125% and 150% as a minimum between the speeders. Then you had the extreme people who wanted 300% or more for the lvl 50 so that speeders felt "speedy".

Long and short? I would REALLY like to see a bigger speed difference...

Call it tradition and as someone mentioned - access to natural or synthetic crystals. Either way even if you look at the intro cinematics all Sith use red and all Jedi - blue and green. I can see no benefit from removing restrictions - it's just catering to whiners.

Except right now the Sith Empire control hundreds of planets, you can't tell me at least a couple don't have natural crystals.

Please keep the color crystals restricted to allignment... this game has more rpg'ers then any other mmo by % due to the fans of the story before the game.. and you stomping all over the lore is going to piss alot of people off.. including myself

Quote me the line from any Star Wars canon that says dark siders cannot use blue or green colour crystals, you can't because dark siders can use blue or green colour crystals and we've seen it.

This is a lore argument that many people have seemed to have made up.

prices for Tier I and Tier II speeder licenses across the galaxy are expected to see a significant decline. To help offset the loss of revenue generated by these licenses, taxes on all models of Tier III speeders will be significantly increased once the new regulation takes effect.

So the prices for the licenses are going down - but the cost of the ACTUAL SPEEDERS for Tier 3 are going up....

So basically what you're doing is creating a money sink because instead of spending 1.5 million on a speeder, we are going to have to spend more...

Hmmm.... sounds kinda crappy anyway.

I had no problem purchasing the Tier 1 or Tier 2 speeders at all when I hit those levels on any characters... unless you're wasting money crafting (and not selling) - thats really the only other sink.

You make money from questing and pvp - more than enough to cover training and speeders... so its a way to basically exploit the 50's who earned money.

Buy ALL the speeders!

OCD kickin' in...

Read a little closer:

prices for Tier I and Tier II speeder licenses across the galaxy are expected to see a significant decline. To help offset the loss of revenue generated by these licenses, taxes on all models of Tier III speeders will be significantly increased once the new regulation takes effect.

The price of the liscense for T1 and T2 is going down...

The ACTUAL SPEEDER PRICE of T3 is going up - meaning that it will cost more to buy each speeder.

=(

Except right now the Sith Empire control hundreds of planets, you can't tell me at least a couple don't have natural crystals.

No one probably forbids Yoda using Darth Vader costume and yet he chooses not to. I'm sure Republic has access to whatever it's made from.

Wondered why? Wondered why outfits are designed differently for Jedi and Sith? Because it suits the canon. The majority of Sith in movies, cinematics, shows etc use red and Jedi blue/green.

It is a very nice lore touch to character appearance and there is absolutely no reason to remove it apart of catering to 12 year old QQers.

Edited by vandana_

No one probably forbids Yoda using Darth Vader costume and yet he chooses not to. I'm sure Republic has access to whatever it's made from.

Wondered why? Wondered why outfits are designed differently for Jedi and Sith? Because it suits the canon. The majority of Sith in movies, cinematics, shows etc use red and Jedi blue/green.

It is a very nice lore touch to character appearance and there is absolutely no reason to remove it apart of catering to 12 year old QQers.

Or RPers who have dozens of reasonable RP arguments. While the arguments from people who are against it tends to be things like "your whiners" or "I don't like it". Or I guess your stupid argument that would have all Jedi using single sabers since the majority of Jedi are shown using single sabers. Problem is we're the main character so we don't have to follow convention.

Except again there is no lore reason for restricting colour crystals based on alignment, Sith usually use red because of circumstances, which don't apply to the universe time we are working in.

Am I the only gun user that is upset with crystals to begin with? Saber users get all the thrill with their fancy colors, and gun users get only a few abilities that even show the color. In fact, I have never recognized color associated with any gun user, including my own use.

In addition to the changes to crystals, I would love a change that allows better identification of what crystal a gun user is using.

So basically what you're doing is creating a money sink because instead of spending 1.5 million on a speeder, we are going to have to spend more...

Mine only cost 55K. Hit the vendor on Voss and you'll see a range at that price.