Economic Changes in Patch 1.1.5

CourtneyWoods

2.5 Million?....

How in gods name am i supposed to farm that amount of cash between now and the patch?

I'm level 38!! -.-

Please for the love of god Bioware, rethink the pricing. Some of my guildies are willing to help me out in getting a white crystal if I need the credits, but so far COMBINED they have just over 2.5mil. I don't think they're going to hand over ALL their credits...

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me an RP nerd if you like, but I have to say that I really like this stance Bioware is taking on releasing information in a story driven manner. Sure it requires more time to convey the message, but it really helps to associate the reason to an actual universe based story. I quite enjoyed these "news" posts.

2.5 Million?....

How in gods name am i supposed to farm that amount of cash between now and the patch?

I'm level 38!! -.-

Please for the love of god Bioware, rethink the pricing. Some of my guildies are willing to help me out in getting a white crystal if I need the credits, but so far COMBINED they have just over 2.5mil. I don't think they're going to hand over ALL their credits...

*Waves Hand

'You will hand over all your credits'

General thoughts: Limited time only items -- good. The idea "Everyone ought to have everything, ever" causes games to lapse into blandness and also causes people to feel they're "forced" to grind to buy this or that shiny item because someone else has it. I really like the idea of content -- even fluff content like color crystals -- that is in flux, that might not always be around. There will be something else, eventually.

(I'm not sure if limited-time content should be BOE or BOP... I think one of the factors driving mudflation is players offering "limited" items for insane prices, and the less of that, the better.)

Speeder License Fees: Well, shoot. Either I force myself to 50 FAST (Currently at a 46, almost 47), or I get a lightsaber up my thermal exhaust port, as the saying goes. Paid full price for the Tier I and II licenses, of course. Sigh. So it goes. Anyone who plays an MMO in the first year of its life ought to be ready for random whiplash effects as the game is punted around in the hopes it will find a balance point. Nature of the beast.

Player-made speeders: Not sure if this is in the cards or not, but STRONGLY support. (No, I don't have a character that can make them, but it's an obvious high-end item players should be able to craft.)

General crafting changes: It's almost impossible to have a real market in player-made gear if there's no item decay, and there will not be item decay because the flood of QQing would cause all the servers to short-circuit. If player items are as good as raid items, raiders whine "There's no point in raiding!". If player items aren't as good, players whine, "I can't sell anything!". If player items require raid drops to make, players whine "You're forcing us to raid!" or "I hate paying inflated prices for raid drops so I can craft!" Further, orange items really pretty much mean the only real market is for mods; it's easy to find an orange "look" you like at low levels and just upgrade it, especially with the idea that raid drop mods will be removable. It would be interesting if there was a chance for armor/weapon crafters (including artifice) to add an augment slot to an existing item, via a trade window (ala lockpicking or enchanting in WoW). This would give them a role -- no matter how good your drop, they can make it better -- and encourage more people meeting in person to perform services and chat. (Hell, why not "encrypted data files" which anyone can find, but which require a slicer to "decrypt" for you? These could contain credits, schematics, mission discoveries, etc.)

2.5 Million?....

I'm level 38!! -.-

Level 50s should have no problem getting that sort of cash. Maybe see if you can get your level 50 guildies to run dailies? Just doing the PvE Ilum dailies yields you 60k, and that takes probably 20 minutes of your time to do them.

As it stands right now, I have 2.6mil on my level 50 and 300k on my level 33. I made the money literally just from questing, a few dailies, and a little playing with the GTN.

Edited by GamewizX

Really? You can make about 300k in a single day of dailies.

Less whining, more dailies.

Mild exaggeration.

It's still a lot of money though. If you did all 25 (which would take a couple hours), you would end up with about 200-225k though.

You'd have to be grouped to effectively do this.

From a solo perspective, I personally get 14 daily commns a day (actually 15, but Bioware seemed to have broken Sabotage on Ilum this week) and it amounts to about 140-150k after expenses. I get this done in 60-75 minutes. Then I move on to PvP.

Money making at 50 is not too hard. The poster above is correct.

I'm not suggesting 2.5 million is a drop in the bucket, but it's not too hard to earn 250k in a day if you commit your 2-3 hours to only that.

Great way of releasing the info. Would read again.^^

Even though I understand that the white crystals are supposed to be something special and I had all the time to farm credits - but I am still far away from the 2.5M.

So...will we be able to purchase them from 1.2 onwards (e.g. by rated wz) at a later point or will I be punished for being lazy...?

Mild exaggeration.

It's still a lot of money though. If you did all 25 (which would take a couple hours), you would end up with about 200-225k though.

From a solo perspective, I personally get 14 daily commns a day (actually 15, but Bioware seemed to have broken Sabotage on Ilum this week) and it amounts to about 140-150k after expenses. I get this done in 60-75 minutes. Then I move on to PvP.

I'm not suggesting 2.5 million is a drop in the bucket, but it's not too hard to earn 250k in a day if you commit your 2-3 hours to only that.

Call me crazy, but what other solo dailies are there except for the 6 I'm aware of on Ilum? What other solo dailies for PvE do you do that yields you 150k?

Great way of releasing the info. Would read again.^^

Even though I understand that the white crystals are supposed to be something special and I had all the time to farm credits - but I am still far away from the 2.5M.

So...will we be able to purchase them from 1.2 onwards (e.g. by rated wz) at a later point or will I be punished for being lazy...?

As per the patch notes, that vendor will disappear once 1.2 hits. The crystals will be back again at some point and in some form, I'm sure, but you might have to wait a bit if you can't get them now.

Mild exaggeration.

It's really not exaggeration, if you pick the blue chests instead of the mods/armors/enhancs, you can sell those items on the GTN or even vendor them and you'll easily make 300k a day. Nevermind all the greens, blues, epics and oranges you get from the H2 and H4. Ontop of all this, you get a LOT of trash that sells for a lot of credits. 300k is easily attainable every day, especially if you do the space ones too.

Call me an RP nerd if you like, but I have to say that I really like this stance Bioware is taking on releasing information in a story driven manner. Sure it requires more time to convey the message, but it really helps to associate the reason to an actual universe based story. I quite enjoyed these "news" posts.

True.

Though my mind does go to strange places.

"At a joint conference on military doctrine, held on the neutral world of Nar Shaddaa, both Imperial and Republic generals expressed their confidence in the existing response protocols for infantry deployment. 'Stand in a small area and hold your ground, no matter what', has worked for thousands of years, the two sides agreed, a rare moment of unity between the hostile factions. 'Rushing to aid your comrades who are being slaughtered twenty feet away just allows the enemy to control your positioning. We will not alter this basic rule of warfare.'"

I fail to see why anyone would make CE vendor, PvP and Social mounts limited time only. BW wants to reward the ones who farmed these earlier than others?

Can only argue about the raid mounts but I think it's too early because many raid groups recently formed haven't found the chance to farm enough for all the group.

Belsavis?

Space?

Yep. Belsavis yields the more dailies than Ilum

Iirc I can get about 16 daily commendations per day when soloing, that excludes any group based ones that can't be soloed and assumes that "Defend The Shipment" mission ACTUALLY WORKS on that day.

I think when players purchase something from the GTN or certain vendors, the money they spend should earn "points".

Vendors, maybe; GTN, no. You'd have players swapping million-credit grey items to collect points. I buy a million-credit grey item from you, and send you the money back. You buy a million credit grey item from me, etc. We each max out "vendor points" and the cost is minimal, as the cut the GTN takes when an item sells is small.

Yep. Belsavis yields the more dailies than Ilum

Iirc I can get about 16 daily commendations per day when soloing, that excludes any group based ones that can't be soloed and assumes that "Defend The Shipment" mission ACTUALLY WORKS on that day.

The only one I can't solo is the H4 Lol, it's seriously easy to make money at 50... if you don't have any, you're just being lazy.

I hate quoting myself but it's kind of important guys,

What will we all be doing for the next few months, the same content but for new rewards?

For the PvP gear I'm pretty sure (only assuming) it will be from ranked warzones, unsure about pve sry

I fail to see why anyone would make CE vendor, PvP and Social mounts limited time only. BW wants to reward the ones who farmed these earlier than others?

Can only argue about the raid mounts but I think it's too early because many raid groups recently formed haven't found the chance to farm enough for all the group.

Yeah, it totally sucks I can't buy Action Comics #1 for 10 cents. What was DC thinking, making it a limited time only thing like that?

I'd love it if all "visual" gear (speeders, pets, etc) were cycled on a quarterly or biannual basis. It would help keep the game fresh. People who play a long time would have a lot of options stockpiled, and people who come in new will be able to buy things that are new to everyone, not just them. Players who cancel/resub/cancel will "miss" some of the options, but none that will impact their game performance.

The attitude that if you can't buy every single thing that ever existed in the game, you're being ripped off, is nonsensical. You never "need" more than one speeder, for example -- having more than one, or one of a different style (since all the speeders of the same tier have the same stats, to my knowledge), is purely a matter of ego gratification (not that there's anything wrong with that). It takes a particularly warped worldview to believe you're "forced" to buy every kind of speeder there is, or that you're losing something really important if your favorite model isn't being sold any more.