The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

A lot of people, like me, left their original servers for higher population ones. Which will have a negative net effect on population since there are many on low pop servers who would stop playing on a dead server instead of rerolling on a different one.

I dont particularly feel bad about it, I rolled on the wrong server by accident initially and would have left anyway. Plus the Fleet on Harbindger still hits 200 at prime time, and prime time is most of the night.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you posted on a Saturday evening (around 21:00), I would have referred you to the screenies above and also looked at current server status.

Server population is not a big deal to me, but I grow weary of doomsayers and chicken littles.

Server population is fine on most servers.

I'm sorry if you rolled on an underpopulated server. Try out a more populated server that is active on your time schedule. Some servers aren't very active till some odd hours.

Just my 2 credits.

I think you've misconstrued the intent of most people who are complaining about server population. We don't want the game to fail. We want it to succeed. It will not succeed if a majority of servers have less than 300 people.

The next person who says, "Reroll on another server" needs to have all their characters deleted. Let's see how you like it.

The OP is posting information regarding his/her particular server assuming this is the same on situation on all servers. This is obviously not the case. Gardens of Talla has slowly dropped population since January. I'm going to assume the OP plays on one of the servers that had ques over Christmas and once many new players recognized that, started there or re-rolled on that server.

That is not an option for many players at this point. While many of the lower pop servers had viable populations in the first few months of launch, they have seen a steady decline with new players gravitating only to the most populated servers exacerbating the problem.

I implore BW to look at their own data and ignore players who are stating there is no problem. To players on low pop servers and BW's devs, the problem is obvious.

I think you've misconstrued the intent of most people who are complaining about server population. We don't want the game to fail. We want it to succeed. It will not succeed if a majority of servers have less than 300 people.

The next person who says, "Reroll on another server" needs to have all their characters deleted. Let's see how you like it.

Exactly. The vast majority of players who unknowingly rolled on a dead server would not be complaining if they didn't enjoy the game. We just want the same experience as those who were lucky enough to pick a loaded server.

I try to ignore those players and assume BW does as well since it's not constructive and the data has to clearly show the obvious difference in player experience.

this game wont die.

STO and Warhammer are still online and its been years.

if those two games can stay online. . . .

SWTOR AINT GOING ANYWHERE

nuff said. really people, i will be here 3-8 years from now.

see you all later!

this game wont die.

STO and Warhammer are still online and its been years.

if those two games can stay online. . . .

SWTOR AINT GOING ANYWHERE

nuff said. really people, i will be here 3-8 years from now.

see you all later!

There's a difference in being here and having new content out. Vanguard hasn't died yet, but they haven't released an update in years. Granted there is a lot more content in that game to do.

I totaly enjoyed the game at first.After leveling a couple characters to 50 it changed.It was a constant boring grind for the dailies,that didnt offer that much of a reward for the time invested.

There isnt much to do at max level.You have 2 normal raids,then those same 2 raids as hardmode.

Depending what class you rolled and liked the best,it was near impossible to get in a guild that did the raids.There would already be 5 or so of those same classes.

During my 3 months on this game,the guilds that I spoke to were all friends/guildmates from "the other game".Well my guildmates/friends from that other game didnt find TOR to appealing to buy it.

There was one that did,but due to his PC,he couldnt play.

But in the end,the constant grind is what realy made me decide to stop my sub.If I am going to grind for stuff in a game,I might as well stick with the game that I have put and gotten more from already.

im not saying its growing or not.

im saying: this game will not die. vanguard, aion, sto, and warhammer - all games that should have been long dead - are still online.

swtor will not die. period. it will be around for a long time. you guys are talking like the servers will shut down in 4 months. impossible. theyve made a lot more money off of this game than aion warhammer sto or vanguard already. they can consolidate servers and keep this game running for a very long time, like a decade.

look at lotro - 14 servers, healthy community.

i think a lot of ppl think that just because swtor didnt crush wow in its first 3 months, then that means it failed.

swtor will not die. it may not grow, but it will not die and i for one look forward to playing it for a very long time.

dont worry, you will all be complaining about GW2 and how buggy it is very soon. arena.net doesnt have HALF the budget swtor does, you really think they will be putting out patches and hotfixes as fast as EA/Bioware can? no. they dont have the same amount of money.

we'll see you all back when we have all the 1.2 changes plus guild capital ships etc.

I totaly enjoyed the game at first.After leveling a couple characters to 50 it changed.It was a constant boring grind for the dailies,that didnt offer that much of a reward for the time invested.

There isnt much to do at max level.You have 2 normal raids,then those same 2 raids as hardmode.

Depending what class you rolled and liked the best,it was near impossible to get in a guild that did the raids.There would already be 5 or so of those same classes.

During my 3 months on this game,the guilds that I spoke to were all friends/guildmates from "the other game".Well my guildmates/friends from that other game didnt find TOR to appealing to buy it.

There was one that did,but due to his PC,he couldnt play.

But in the end,the constant grind is what realy made me decide to stop my sub.If I am going to grind for stuff in a game,I might as well stick with the game that I have put and gotten more from already.

instead of rolling that second 50, you shouldve rolled it on another server. it took me 3 server changes to come to the right community. i probably wont leave this server (Belgoth's Beacon) until they start consolidating servers.

instead of rolling that second 50, you shouldve rolled it on another server. it took me 3 server changes to come to the right community. i probably wont leave this server (Belgoth's Beacon) until they start consolidating servers.

Ive been through the "reroll start over" thing before and wont do it again.And trying to find a server that fit my own schedule,just wasnt/isnt worth the frustration of knowing what is ahead.

After knowing what the game is,its just not enough encentive to continue.

Growing the population is not. Stagnant at its best. Dwindling at its worst. Remedy this the developers must. Server merges needed now more than ever, act fast they must for growing short time is. The heavens will tremble comin May, this game survive that it may not

Growing the population is not. Stagnant at its best. Dwindling at its worst. Remedy this the developers must. Server merges needed now more than ever, act fast they must for growing short time is. The heavens will tremble comin May, this game survive that it may not

Prophet of Vodal Kresh here. . .

im saying: this game will not die. vanguard, aion, sto, and warhammer - all games that should have been long dead - are still online.

swtor will not die. period. it will be around for a long time. you guys are talking like the servers will shut down in 4 months. impossible. theyve made a lot more money off of this game than aion warhammer sto or vanguard already. they can consolidate servers and keep this game running for a very long time, like a decade.

i think a lot of ppl think that just because swtor didnt crush wow in its first 3 months, then that means it failed.

swtor will not die. it may not grow, but it will not die and i for one look forward to playing it for a very long time.

dont worry, you will all be complaining about GW2 and how buggy it is very soon. arena.net doesnt have HALF the budget swtor does, you really think they will be putting out patches and hotfixes as fast as EA/Bioware can? no. they dont have the same amount of money.

we'll see you all back when we have all the 1.2 changes plus guild capital ships etc.

Do not be too sure of that. STO is only around because it went F2P. Also SWG had more players than Vanguard, LA did not want SWG going F2P, so it got shut down. SOE wanted to keep SWG going and make it F2P.

EA are quite keen on shutting down servers. If game was run by SOE it would be around longer, but not that long when it is a licence game.

If SWG did not get shut down, then I would be more confident that SWTOR will not shut down too. EA + LA makes lack of confidence for online longevity

Do not be too sure of that. STO is only around because it went F2P. Also SWG had more players than Vanguard, LA did not want SWG going F2P, so it got shut down. SOE wanted to keep SWG going and make it F2P.

EA are quite keen on shutting down servers. If game was run by SOE it would be around longer, but not that long when it is a licence game.

If SWG did not get shut down, then I would be more confident that SWTOR will not shut down too. EA + LA makes lack of confidence for online longevity

Warhammer Online would like to have a word with you It's been what six years now? And they are talking about a new expansion and a revamped PVE game.

SWTOR will be fine and in two years there will still be Chicken littles running around talking about the impending doom.

Don't care, go watch the yogcast videos of WorldvWorldvWorld. Keep sieges, with trebuchet's, arrow carts, siege golems. Epic battles with destructible buildings. THREE SERVERS fight at the same time capturing and pillaging = epic. Changing your weapon changes your skills. Shall I go on? GW2 will have REAL pvp.

And no you won't see me back. I've been here longer than you, supported this game since the site flipped on and they have just disappointed me like no other. Tried to like the game, but all the restrictions, the forced theme park feel, I am gone in 10 days

I await the person telling me I am 'trolling' or 'have an agenda' when I have been here since day one. rofl

Edited by Liberate

Warhammer Online would like to have a word with you It's been what six years now? And they are talking about a new expansion and a revamped PVE game.

SWTOR will be fine and in two years there will still be Chicken littles running around talking about the impending doom.

Warhammer is not LA

LA shut down SWG, not SOE. LA called the shots with SWG, and EA/Bioware are no doubt in same position as SOE was.

Edited by superniceguy

Warhammer is not LA

LA shut down SWG, not SOE. LA called the shots with SWG, and EA/Bioware are no doubt in same position as SOE was.

Yes they shut it down after almost a decade; I'm sure by 2020 I'll be okay with whatever LA decides.

:rolleyes:

Warhammer Online called, said to remind you that they are closing another server next week.

Yes they shut it down after almost a decade; I'm sure by 2020 I'll be okay with whatever LA decides.

They also shut the game down when the population was having a growth spurt. It was probably the free 45 days but was done before they gave people a chance to resub to the game.

LA shutting down SWG proves that they just do whatever they feel fit and no matter what the population levels are. SOE is known for keeping dead games active, as can be seen with Vanguard. If EA were behind SWG then it may have shut down 2-3 years ago, but SOE no doubt persuaded LA to keep it going.

SWTOR is safe though for however long EA and LA have the contract for. Do you know how long that is?

If people are finding these low population servers a problem why don't you US players (was tempted to say deadbeats) do what the smarter Oceanic community did and daisy chain a server rather than create 35435643 threads about the problem....

Its not hard to get a thread going and gain some interest; spam your /1 in game, tell your friends, guildies etc...

Edited by Jacic

guys, LA shut down SWG because they didnt want there to be a conflict/confusion with SWTOR.

i read it in a pulse news article a while back. . .

anyway, swtor has already made a lot of money, and there is growing interest in the game. a lot of ppl on fb are posting that the free weekend got them hooked.

oh and look at lotro, still kicking and still strong. yes it is strong. very very strong. they added 3 servers last year and a new xpak.

swtor will be around for a long time, even if its down to 14 servers, itll still be around for a long time.

oh to whoever was posting all that GW2 crap: those are just promises man. arenanet doesnt have the money to implement all that at launch, are you kidding yourself? and things that massive will be bugged out so hard you'll think swtor was perfect at launch compared.

besides, i like SW cuz its SW. a lot of other ppl do to. you speak of trebuchets and castles and blah blah blah, ive seen fantasy games ALL MY LIFE. i want a good sci fi game with lasers and space ships and planets to explore.

you guys forget, SWTOR is the ONLY game that fills this niche. it aitn going anywhere.

no it's not.

Actually according to BioWare it is; just two days ago Rockjaw said they were going to have something worthy of an announcement subscription wise soon.

So folks like you keep yelling doom and mass exodus and BioWare keeps proving you wrong.

Keep hoping though.

Actually according to BioWare it is; just two days ago Rockjaw said they were going to have something worthy of an announcement subscription wise soon.

So folks like you keep yelling doom and mass exodus and BioWare keeps proving you wrong.

Keep hoping though.

no they aren't.