Are all the servers Sith?

ishaman

I think the idea of forcing someone to choose a faction is awful. It would defiantly hurt more than it would fix cross realm would probably be the best solution, because in a few months it probably will balance out a bit on their own.

The damage has already been done. This was a conscious effort by BW to focus on Empire giving them an advantage on almost everything, from gear looks to ability cooldown discrepancies.

At least they are started to fix the cooldowns, from the IA flash grenade shorter than Smuggler to SW slow lasting longer than Knight version.

This is simply Warhammer redux. BW got Mythic developers, who simply can't help themselves favoring the "evil faction"

"There are non-Siths too!"

Dialogue reply option for BH and IA in the Black Talon FP when the ship Lieutenant only welcomes the Sith to the ship.

Screw cross-server if there's more Empire players overall, it wouldn't help. Allow cross-faction signups for FP, WZ, etc. The class stories tell of people from both Republic and Empire defecting to each other anyway. I am sure that there are enough double agent IA, reformed Sith and BH who will temporarily ride shotgun with the Republic if the credits are good.

A small handful of FP (the non-shared ones) will be open up to the other faction as well. Content for all.

The damage has already been done. This was a conscious effort by BW to focus on Empire giving them an advantage on almost everything, from gear looks to ability cooldown discrepancies.

At least they are started to fix the cooldowns, from the IA flash grenade shorter than Smuggler to SW slow lasting longer than Knight version.

This is simply Warhammer redux. BW got Mythic developers, who simply can't help themselves favoring the "evil faction"

your tinfoil had is showing

I play both Rep and Imp and not once have I seen any imbalances regarding ability durations of cooldowns. I've seen where some class mirrors have skills altered in different ways such as the BH and RT with Flamethrower and Pulse Cannon, where Flamethrower has a smaller cone but applies a DoT occasionally. And the issue where before DFA hit 5 times while Mortar Volley only hit 3, but that one has been fixed as both now only hit 3 times.

In no other classes have I seen any imbalanced skill mirrors what so ever. Smuggler Gunslinger to IA Sniper has a distinctive Rep over Imp imbalance across the board, but I believe this to be more related to how the system handles the weapons.

Things I would do to fix faction balance.

1. Per server, assign experience gains to lower factor. The greater the imbalance to more the gain.

2. More gear of more variety. Black robes both sides. Make a Jedi match the splash screen, that jedi looked kick ***. Where is that costume. Loads and loads of social gear.

3. Bump social point gain same as experience point gain.

4. Cross faction legacy companions. So you can get Vette or Mako on your smuggler from level one. This alone would give you alot of rerolls from Empire, being they got all the cool companions.

5. You see the pilot social gear for both factions? One is complete awesome one is banana funky. Fix that.

Things I would do to fix faction balance.

1. Per server, assign experience gains to lower factor. The greater the imbalance to more the gain.

2. More gear of more variety. Black robes both sides. Make a Jedi match the splash screen, that jedi looked kick ***. Where is that costume. Loads and loads of social gear.

3. Bump social point gain same as experience point gain.

4. Cross faction legacy companions. So you can get Vette or Mako on your smuggler from level one. This alone would give you alot of rerolls from Empire, being they got all the cool companions.

5. You see the pilot social gear for both factions? One is complete awesome one is banana funky. Fix that.

1. Creates a differnt kind of imbalance, instead of an imbalance of total players you then have an imbalance of max level players. High Imp server with more Rep 50s than Imp 50s due to xp bonus for Reps.

2. That might help

3. Social Bonus... I can see this working as it doesn't have as direct of an impact as EXP bonus does.

4. questionable...

5. Indeed.. the Republic Pilot suit is just a recolor of the normal Pilot Suit and honestly... the regular one looks better too... that Red just works so much better than the Orange.

please QQ some more. want more republic players? make better republic storylines

The Republic story lines are better in my opinion because even if you go Lightside, the Imperial planet quests can be very sickening and disgusting. And your class quests aren't much better

Kind of creeps me out how many people play darkside actually >.>

I play both Rep and Imp and not once have I seen any imbalances regarding ability durations of cooldowns. I've seen where some class mirrors have skills altered in different ways such as the BH and RT with Flamethrower and Pulse Cannon, where Flamethrower has a smaller cone but applies a DoT occasionally. And the issue where before DFA hit 5 times while Mortar Volley only hit 3, but that one has been fixed as both now only hit 3 times.

In no other classes have I seen any imbalanced skill mirrors what so ever. Smuggler Gunslinger to IA Sniper has a distinctive Rep over Imp imbalance across the board, but I believe this to be more related to how the system handles the weapons.

You are a lier or you just don't know what you are talking about. If you had played a BH and a trooper to 10, you would notice the delay differences between mortar/dfa and fullauto/unload. Hell, even the auto attack.

Edited by Keldaur

The Republic story lines are better in my opinion because even if you go Lightside, the Imperial planet quests can be very sickening and disgusting. And your class quests aren't much better

It kinda depends on the class you play... my IA is lightside and her class story isn't sickening at all thus far... there are some questionable things she's been asked to do but over all it's taken on a feeling of "I support the Empire, just not those giving the orders". Where as my Bounty Hunter has been neutral, and her story has taken the road of "I do the job how I feel it should be done, you just pay me." even when I take darkside options on her the story doesn't feel twisted or sickening in any way.

On Republic the Trooper has a fairly interesting twist to how the story is portayed... if you go Lightside you more often than not are disobeying orders and for all intents an purposes are a rogue Trooper... but if you go darkside you are ruthless but "just following orders". The Smuggler dark side is just evil... you kill nearly all your contacts and make enemies of just about everyone in the known galaxy, not exactly the type of image you'd expect for a "hero of the republic"

I blame Darth Maul and Boba Fett. Personally I find that the republic story handles the light/dark choices more smoothly. I had some really weird transitions on my imperial character that didn't make much sense considering my previous choices.

You are a lier or you just don't know what you are talking about. If you had played a BH and a trooper to 10, you would notice the delay differences between mortar/dfa and fullauto/unload. Hell, even the auto attack.

I have played Both well beyond 10, my Trooper is currently 30 and my Bounty Hunter is 28. And I honestly see no delay differences in any of the attacks, besides Mortar Volley and DFA. While DFA nolonger has its extra 2 hits it does still have a much shorter "set up" than Mortar Volley and as such hits sooner still.

I spent much of the first month of release and my whole time in early access comparing the two classes and found the only skills that had any imbalance to them were DFA/Mortar Volley and Flamethrower/Pulse Cannon.

All other imbalances are IMHO due to how the system handles each weapon. Troopers have Rifles and Assault Cannons while BH get Pistols. The system likley reads the weapons completely different and as such treats them differently, this could explain your alleged delays with other skills.

Edited by Pandabutt

Unfortunately no. It's a big sithland. Free2play before January 2013. That's my prediction.

I concur...GW 2 and D3 plus a few others will take the majority of players from this game by years end. Then you will have only the die-hard Star Wars players and Social players - will be another SWG w/o the upgrade.

(Concepts always looks good on paper, until management has no idea how it all works)

I blame Darth Maul and Boba Fett. Personally I find that the republic story handles the light/dark choices more smoothly. I had some really weird transitions on my imperial character that didn't make much sense considering my previous choices.

There are no really cool Republic characters. Even in the movies. The only good guy I liked was Han Solo, and he wasn't very good.

(forgot about Yoda, how could I forget about Yoda. I loved that little guy)

Empire has Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Darth Sideous, Darth Malgus, all the really cool guys are just plain evil.

Even the books, Darth Bane and Darth Plagius are just awesome. Republic always comes off as stale and bland.

I have played Both well beyond 10, my Trooper is currently 30 and my Bounty Hunter is 28. And I honestly see no delay differences in any of the attacks, besides Mortar Volley and DFA. While DFA nolonger has its extra 2 hits it does still have a much shorter "set up" than Mortar Volley and as such hits sooner still.

I spent much of the first month of release and my whole time in early access comparing the two classes and found the only skills that had any imbalance to them were DFA/Mortar Volley and Flamethrower/Pulse Cannon.

All other imbalances are IMHO due to how the system handles each weapon. Troopers have Rifles and Assault Cannons while BH get Pistols. The system likley reads the weapons completely different and as such treats them differently, this could explain your alleged delays with other skills.

Wow just wow i really don't know what to say.

Mine might be the only server where we play Republic vs Republic Huttball. A lot.

I see all Republic Huttball quite often, both when i was pre-50 and then 50. Of course, we might be on the same server. lol

...The Smuggler dark side is just evil... you kill nearly all your contacts and make enemies of just about everyone in the known galaxy, not exactly the type of image you'd expect for a "hero of the republic"

We smugglers aren't heroes. We're just in it for the money. :)

I'm a good person irl, So it's pretty boring playing a good guy in a game. Not to mention the hypocrisy "I'm a jedi, I don't kill people, you're going to jail sith! Now I must go and kill 100 people for this bonus mission because they don't want to be in the republic anymore or something.."

Got a 50 in Empire and just started a little in Republic, I have to say that the Republic Light/Dark choices are much better written than the Empire side. This is taken in very general terms.

Republic Light/Dark choices tend to be moral dilemmas, harm one person/a few people for certain or risk harming everyone. Of course, many of the results are a bit of a cop-out but at the point of decision making, it is a dilemma.

Empire Light/Dark choices tend to be more clear cut. They are usually a choice between efficiency or obeying orders and simple cruelty or callousness with life. Usually the option to spare the life is pretty weak: He's going to get arrested and tortured anyway, or they have to live a life of a fugitive forever.

I am quite glad that the underbelly of the Republic was shown from the start, at least in Ord Mantell and in Esseles. You only see a little of the opposite from the Empire side towards the end. Yes, Malgus, you do have a point there. *knockback* *loot chest*

depends on the server. Ice Breaker has almost no population on either side, but the empire side is really low. I started as a Sith Inquisitor and remember getting to the fleet for the first time. I thought when I saw 6 ppl on the fleet, "I wonder when Ill get to the first major city/hub?"