Cwild

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you were an SB vet, I guessed wrong with that attitude

No, the reason I said that is that this game, as it is right now, is based on gear progression. Unless they revamp the whole system, adding a new progressive gear set that is nothing but cosmetic is ridiculous.

I agree that PvP should be based on skill, but this game forces gear progression.

No, the reason I said that is that this game, as it is right now, is based on gear progression. Unless they revamp the whole system, adding a new progressive gear set that is nothing but cosmetic is ridiculous.

I agree that PvP should be based on skill, but this game forces gear progression.

Yea but what they should do is just make Rated warzones either give same gear maybe with comestic difference or no gear at all and just titles. And when they introduce new tier gear, they can just make it available to both rated and non rated. That is still gear "progression"

Edited by Hype-l

That is ONLY because expertise has a DR which it shouldnt

Disagree. Expertise does not need to be more powerful than it already is - especially on high-end equipment.

However, PvP gear should be optimized not to consume the budget on Expertise beyond what is needed.

Rakata is t3, BM is t3.

There has been quite a bit of analysis done proving that Rakata is better than the last (from 7-12%) 5% or so of expertise.

I've been convinced that having Helm/Boots/Gloves/Chest/Pants in Rakata and the rest BM is FAR superior to ALL BM.

I'm currently in all (sans ONE relic because I like the stats from the 3G relic) BM now, so it's easy for me to compare stats etc to those with hybrid gear setups.

Rakata is significantly superior in PvP, and it's VASTLY superior in PvE where the expertise is equal to zero.

Please just make it a cosmetic change instead of having better stats on the items.

I really don't want to hear from bad players that I only won cause of my gear. Make it so my gear is a different color so when I kill them I can say it has the same stats...

thank you

I support this Idea

Unless they revamp the whole system, adding a new progressive gear set that is nothing but cosmetic is ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous at all. Just because there is a gear progression system in the game does not mean EVERYTHING you do has to improve your gear stats.

You can reach the top level gear and still have stuff to earn.

Edited by Spymaster

Go ahead and compare the stats and set bonuses and tell me they are equal. Why is mixing in Rakata BIS for pvp?

Expertise. Also stacking 2 pc SB is better than getting the pvp 4 pc in most cases.

The real reward for ranked warzones are the ranks. The gear will probably be the same as it is right now and the same as unranked warzones.

Out : Token and bag system

In : Two tiers pvp content. There will be ranked warzone commendations and unranked warzone commendations

Disagree. Expertise does not need to be more powerful than it already is - especially on high-end equipment.

However, PvP gear should be optimized not to consume the budget on Expertise beyond what is needed.

Well an obvious solution to that problem is just have Equal tier PVP and PVE gear have the same main stats and set bonuses, then you just have the PVP gear give X expertise and the PVE gear give X "Insert name of stat here" which works just like Expertise but more like " Does % more to NPCs and Bosses and takes % less damage from NPCs and Bosses"

Good, so you'll only PvP if you enjoy it and not because you NEED the gear from it.

That's how PvP should be anyway.

Ya the ranked wzs will die within a month if the reward is a pink cape or a speeder with flames on it. This game is already losing players quick.

Out : Token and bag system

In : Two tiers pvp content. There will be ranked warzone commendations and unranked warzone commendations

Yup, they haven't said that the gear you buy with either are different statwise, at least not in that interview I listened to.

Edited by Vydor_HC

Ya the ranked wzs will die within a month if the reward is a pink cape or a speeder with flames on it. This game is already losing players quick.

Quite the opposite because i know huge gaming communities that will drop this game because they are only playing it BECAUSE it doesnt have the WoW arena style gear progession

What you suggest would be ONE solution, and it'd make PvP gear far more usable in the PvE environment.

But the other solution IS to ramp up the effects of expertise significantly. If a full BM expertise value yielded 25-30% rather than the 12+% it's currently at PvP gear would be solid for PvP and PvE gear would be optimal for PvE.

I guess the question is twofold.

Is BM ~ to Rakata...and to that I think it's been shown that the answer is no, in PvP or in PvE.

But the second question is SHOULD BM~Rakata in PvE or should BM be >Rakata in PvP but < Rakata in PvE.

This is a game design decision that needs to be made by BW and CLEARLY AND EXPRESELY stated to their players so we know what their design intent is.

Currently I believe there is ZERO clear design intent and that they just slapped stats on gear and called it a day.

Your the one who said I Ninja-edited. But I guess the "ignore children" button has a better effect

You're the one who said I was ignorant even before I said that. Or were you ignorant of that? So, again, elaborate.

Calling me a child gives you no points brah. Keep trying.

Edited by Dovahbrah

Viable solutions:

1) Make the gear the same as regular PVP gear stat-wise, just make it look cooler.

2) Give it increased stats but only allow it to be used in rated Warzones. Elsewhere it gets bumped down to BM level.

Rated WZs can have any level of gear they want as long as that doesn't create a discrepancy outside of rated WZs.

Quite the opposite because i know huge gaming communities that will drop this game because they are only playing it BECAUSE it doesnt have the WoW arena style gear progession

This ^

Adding ranked matches with a nice cosmetic reward might not interest everyone, but it doesn't hurt anyone.

Adding yet another forced grouping gear gap that only hardcore premade players can get is far worse for the average player.

Dovah: quit ****** Hype, it's too easy to be amusing.

As for rated gear: Who cares? Honestly, who cares? If the gear is non-existent, PvPers have plenty of ego they need to flaunt, and people will do it just for bragging rights. If the gear is slightly better, then they get a slight advantage against people that aren't good enough to play rated, but hey, they were going to win anyway. And against anyone else playing rated, its a few percentage points that can easily be overcome by skill. It's just a bonus challenge.

PvPers are supposed to be in it for challenge and competition. Yes, "king of the hill" is still a style of competition.

Edited by Ahhmyface

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.