Playable 1.2 Races: Has it been clarified?

Diet-Hutt

The answer you are looking for is:

Jedi... Sith Pureblood, Rattakki, Zabrak ( new colors and tatoos )

Trooper, Smuggler...Chiss, Rattakki

Sith... Miraluka, Mirialan, Zabrak ( new colors and tatoos )

Bounty Hunter, Agent... Mirialan

I hope this isn't the case. I want a Chiss Inquisitor. D:

Miraluka Sniper would be pretty awesome as well.

Oh well, I can dream.

They use the same skeleton, so they use the same movements. The only real difference is the head, and potential clipping with things like togrutas... whatever the stuff on their head is called.

Given that they are already involved in lots of cut scenes as companions, adding in mon cal, togruta, trandoshans, etc isnt as monumental a task as people make it out to be.

^ This.

They'd better do something interesting soon.

- DH

I hope this isn't the case. I want a Chiss Inquisitor. D:

Miraluka Sniper would be pretty awesome as well.

Oh well, I can dream.

I wish this aswell, but it interrupts with lore *giggle*.

Anyways, Miralukans are usually recruited into the Sith/Jedi so quickly because their race is almost always Force adepts.

I think it was fairly obvious they meant "races you can already play as" when they said "races already in the game." But whatever, blwo it up into a huge issue and source for later disappointment if you must. Edited by Blotter

I think it was fairly obvious they meant "races you can already play as" when they said "races already in the game." But whatever, blwo it up into a huge issue and source for later disappointment if you must.

Are you always this cynical and defensive over a mere question? :rolleyes:

I hope you are getting something in return for it. If not, try to relax.

I love the game and see it as having great promise should they implement the changes they've stated. I'm subbed for a few months. I can wait and see what happens.

I just wanted clarity from Bio, not "it's fairly obvious" from you.

The latter doesn't really mean much in the long run. It's not official.

- DH

All I know is - if they put new race/class combos in the game, I'd like more character slots on my home server.

:)

they need to increase it to 16 anyways, i plan on having 1 of every advanced class at 50 one day even if i only play 1 or 2 of them haha

I'd assume they mean races like Wookies which are in the game in the form of characters and companions, but not playable.

Sigh, this needs to be said. AGAIN.

You will never be able to play a wookie. The Devs have stated that all PC races must be able to speak basic.

Wookies cannot speak basic.

Hence, you will not be able to make a wookie PC. Ever.

I'm sorry but I hope that they don't allow the Chiss to become available on the Republic Side

@OP Considering Daniel says "become available to classes and factions where you haven’t seen them before" means that it is the current set of Playable Species

I'm sorry but I hope that they don't allow the Chiss to become available on the Republic Side

Why is that? :confused:

@OP Considering Daniel says "become available to classes and factions where you haven’t seen them before" means that it is the current set of Playable Species

I realize that is probably correct now.

As I've said, it looks like they meant the "playable races" in the game.

I just got a little excited at the prospect of playing the "other races" in the game.

Ah well...I can wait for Togruta.

- DH

You see this is what stumped me.

Races in the game?

There are quite a few, and they don't count as "new races" in the sense that he stated.

Although I doubt they'd give us "wookies" due to the voice over issues, it's still not as "cut and dry" a statement as it seems on the surface because there are plenty of species in the game that are humanoid and speak basic already.

Wouldn't be a stretch for a Togruta.

- DH

I can see BW adding Wookies after all I'm sure noone will mind the wookies speaking their native tongue. Look up, SW:TOR April Fools Day 2011.

Here are my thoughts as to the new possibilities:

Chiss

SW - I don't see them ever becoming slaves so SI is out, but I do see Chiss getting drastically promoted into the Sith hierarchy if they demonstrate Force sensitivity.

Cyborg

JK, JC, SI - don't see why these weren't available to begin with as implants and cybernetics are very prevalent in the IP, especially for the sake of restoring use of limbs and body parts.

You should be able to play any class as a Cyborg.

Miraluka

SW - confirmed from the video last month

SI - Visas Marr was basically an SI Assassin; also any Force-sensitive aliens are prime candidates for SI trials and training

Mirialan

BH - the species is too well affiliated to the Pubs, but an independent money-following Mirialan doesn't break down the barriers of logic (basically a Smuggler who fights more like a Trooper, both of which a Mirialan can already be).

Rattataki

Sm - going to play the 'independent classes should not be race-restricted card' again, as with the Mirialan above. The only exception to this rule is Pureblood and Miraluka as they are Force-sensitives.

Sith

No change.

Yes, it's very possible that they can be Jedi based off what we've seen from other characters in the story, but recall that creating a new character is like time traveling back to the Cold War post-Treaty of Coruscant; it would NOT make sense for a Pureblood to be a Jedi at that time. If new characters begun the game at the end of Act 3 it would make sense, but otherwise I cannot grasp it.

Twi'lek

BH + Tr - the only thing holding them back was their lekkus clipping with the heavy armor and helmets. I have a feeling Bioware has figured out a technical workaround for this issue by now.

I see, I was afraid that was the case.

Saying that they are not "new races" but "races already in the game" leaves things a bit open.

I guess Imps get a blindfolded human to play in 1.2.

I mean a "new race". :D

- DH

That's what I call the "Bioware spin". Leave it ambiguous enough to sound exiting but ultimately mediocre.

Just look at the ads for the CE in game items. Or the ads for the Dragon Age Origins Witch hunter DLC.

This comes WAY to late. At the release they should have at least 1 or 2 non human races to choose from.

That was my 1st disepointment when I started the game. I could not play a "alien" bounty hunter or "alien" smugler. :s

And I was not the only one thinking this.