Sentinel /Marauder Nurf Before Rated WZ

Cempa

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a sorc so i freaking hate Marauders, but they don't need nerfed. If played well they are a strong class, if not played well they are a joke. Don't we wish all classes would be like this?

As I said Rated WZ, any way not gonna post any more its pointless until people actually see how they will dominate Rated WZ.

huh?they have same cd as other speccs.u mad?

Looking at it the other way, current CDs are fine for other specs but Watchman/Annihilation are amazing for PvP with current CD puts the AC over the top.

EVERY team will have one -actually its pretty mandatory not only for the OP buffs but the the only healing debuff n the game as well as insane pressure on healer and a 3 sec immobilize every 8sec THAT IS SICK.

Lol what is this a joke,

What cool down are you refering too.

Could it be our 2 min and only ability to get out of a CC

Or could it be our undying rage that cuts our hp in half and then we get the 99% damage reduction for a short time

Or could it be our 2 second cloak before we become visiable again.

Or could it be my "channeled" CC choke

But lets say you get my HP down 2% and then I pop undying rage as well as my med stim and bam 35% HP back with some invul time and thus you are dead.

I can see how this can make people rage but really, it is a situational ability its not like i walk around every fight and pop undying rage for the lulz.

Some classes have a 150% sprint for 2 seconds to get out of harms way.

There is just other types of things other classes do to get to the same goal.

Lol what is this a joke,

What cool down are you refering too.

Could it be our 2 min and only ability to get out of a CC

Or could it be our undying rage that cuts our hp in half and then we get the 99% damage reduction for a short time

Or could it be our 2 second cloak before we become visiable again.

Or could it be my "channeled" CC choke

But lets say you get my HP down 2% and then I pop undying rage as well as my med stim and bam 35% HP back with some invul time and thus you are dead.

I can see how this can make people rage but really, it is a situational ability its not like i walk around every fight and pop undying rage for the lulz.

Some classes have a 150% sprint for 2 seconds to get out of harms way.

There is just other types of things other classes do to get to the same goal.

Situational ability usable in every situation? :)

While it is true that marauders (and powertechs) are the strongest dps in the game, it's not enough to call for nerfs, especially when the class relies on all its tools to do its thing.

In reality, class balance is fairly good: sorcs/mercs/juggs/assassins are balanced, marauders and powertechs are a bit strong and operatives/snipers are a bit weak.

This is what good PVPers have observed thus far at BM+Rakata gearing levels and in skilled premades.

Bad pugs will continue to complain about tracer missile, sorcs, and operatives, because they have no clue.

Rather than nerfing marauders and powertechs, I think a buff to operatives and snipers is required, and then see where things go.

Edited by Redmarx

Situational ability usable in every situation? :)

About once every 2 mins? How many situations happen in that time?

The rage comes from bad players (range classes 99.9% of the time) who are not in the thick of the fight who tab the poor marauders who are on the front line.

Bioware would have to introduce new abilities to the marauder if they were to nerd their defenses. As of right now we are punching bags and RELY on having these CDs up when fighting all the ezmode range classes.

Looking at it the other way, current CDs are fine for other specs but Watchman/Annihilation are amazing for PvP with current CD puts the AC over the top.

EVERY team will have one -actually its pretty mandatory not only for the OP buffs but the the only healing debuff n the game as well as insane pressure on healer and a 3 sec immobilize every 8sec THAT IS SICK.

Do you even know what you're talking about? The 3s immobilize on the heal debuff is in the carnage tree, not the annihilation tree. You have to sacrifice considerable utility and dps to be able to spec into that.

While it is true that marauders (and powertechs) are the strongest dps in the game, it's not enough to call for nerfs, especially when the class relies on all its tools to do its thing.

In reality, class balance is fairly good: sorcs/mercs/juggs/assassins are balanced, marauders and powertechs are a bit strong and operatives/snipers are a bit weak.

This is what good PVPers have observed thus far at BM+Rakata gearing levels and in skilled premades.

Bad pugs will continue to complain about tracer missile, sorcs, and operatives, because they have no clue.

Rather than nerfing marauders and powertechs, I think a buff to operatives and snipers is required, and then see where things go.

Awesome pvp crowd you have there to come up with that list. Your range class pvpers must be horrible

Its not that anni is omg strong,its just other 2 speccs sucks.

Yeah you're bad if you think ranged dps are OP. The funny thing is you don't realise you're clueless about PVP.

I play a marauder.

I wish I rolled on your magical server where range dps despite all their advantages are still not any good.

Cannot wait until cross server wzs.

Buff Ops and Snipers?!?! Yes, please! :jawa_tongue: I only say this as my Op is 30 and my Sniper is 28. I'm having a good time with them now, so I can only imaging the facerolling with a buff. Imps were so glad we got a Voidstar the other night. One actually commented: "At least I don't have to worry about you shooting me in the face this time". Hehe.

I also have a 50 Sorc, 50 Powertech and 47 Marauder currently. My Sorc is Corruption (heal) specc'd and my Powertech is Shield (tank) specc'd. My Marauder and Sniper are going to be my DPS (obviously) and I'm still on the fence about my Op. Right now he's Medic specc'd, but we'll see how things play out. :cool:

I wish I rolled on your magical server where range dps despite all their advantages are still not any good.

Cannot wait until cross server wzs.

I doubt I'd see you in rated warzones, since I doubt you even have a premade.

If you do, you'll probably never queue PVP again after meeting a proper group that knows how to /assist ranged dps into dust in 2 GCDs.

Sorcs are the best target as they have no defensive cooldowns to save them. Squishy as hell.

That is ironically the exact reason marauders are so good in premade PVP. You can't kill a good one in a timely fashion.

Edited by Redmarx

Sentinel /Marauder CD's can not stay as short as they are now for Rated WZ the AC -Watchman / Annihilation - is a bit over the top.

+1 Your right they will dominate rated warzones. 4 sentinels 2 tanks (most likely shadows but any would do, shadows for proper min/max) and 2 healers (probably merc healers because they are the hardest to focus down) will be all thats seen at the top rated teams. There will be no ranged DPS in rated because it is that bad.

People are to busy worrying about the ezmode classes that are simple to kill if your not a noob, jsut come back in six months after rated WZ are in and look for all the sentinel nerfs.

Edited by da_krall