Marauder vs. Assassin duel

HBninjaX

Considering both characters would be played on the highest possible level of skill, ergo, no mistakes, using everything in the right order, best possible spec, etc.

Assassin is very tough in 1 on 1. Not only stealth gives you the advantage of surprise and first attack but you can disappear during the fight which is very useful. As Assassin you of course have nice burst but be careful against Marauder's 99% damage reduction bubble, also Marauders have their own disappear, altough they will appear again after 3 sec so it is just useful when you can an ability.

Overall, I think the marauder would win, Assassins just seem to be more squishy and Marauder's bubble is just a pure win.

I haven't played Assassin so i'm sorry I couldn't back up that part more.

Edited by EQrunnr

The context was top skill levels. The Assassin can vanish and move out of Smash's AOE before the Marauder can use it, unless the Marauder can actually predict the vanish, which is totally unlikely.

My take: it can go either way. Surge nerfs hurt the Assassin more than Marauders. I think a Marauder should beat a DPS Assassin most of the time now. Surge nerfs hit tank Assassins too, but they picked up some buffs with rapid superhealforcelightning charges. As long as the Marauder is smart about their CCs (use Roar and Camo to interrupt Force Lightning), should be ok.

I dont even find them threating, they, like us are melee classes, no slows, no kiting. A stun and a suprise attack cannot compete with Undying range + frenzy + berserk + deadly sabers + rupture + annihilation. I have never fallen to a assassin in a straight 1v1 fight. The only class that is a threat to me 1v1 is a very well played operator with all of his CD's up.

As they bleed to death I get healed, ALOT. Now carnage and rage? Maybe more diffcult, but thats all is using your defensive CD's more level headedly.

I have both a 50 Marauder (about 460 expertise, both Champion weapons, 2 Champion pieces, rest is Centurion) and a 50 Assassin (about 430 expertise, Champion weapon, 4 piece Rakata for the 15% increase Trash crit chance, 28/0/13 build) and even geared Marauders cannot take me down. It makes for a very boring fight but 1 on 1, I can pretty much take on anyone but Operatives

The build is very boring since all you're doing is essentially spam Trash and Shock and spam Trash some more until you get Energized.

I also have Biochem on my Assassin to the Rakata stimpack which increases your HP by 15% gives me about 22k HP along with 40% armor reduction.

However, if the Marauder has all his CDs up, uses Obsfucate, Intimidating Roar, Unyielding Rage and Force Camouflage at the right time (to destabilize my rotation and to make me waste my trinkeks), I can be beaten quite easily under the circumstances that my Force Speed and Vanish aren't up. :cool:

Edited by lollermittens

I dont even find them threating, they, like us are melee classes, no slows, no kiting. A stun and a suprise attack cannot compete with Undying range + frenzy + berserk + deadly sabers + rupture + annihilation. I have never fallen to a assassin in a straight 1v1 fight. The only class that is a threat to me 1v1 is a very well played operator with all of his CD's up.

As they bleed to death I get healed, ALOT. Now carnage and rage? Maybe more diffcult, but thats all is using your defensive CD's more level headedly.

My name is Force Shroud and I just negated your frenzy + berserk + deadly saber + rupture.

Popped undying rage? Meet my friends Vanish and Sap.

You're not going to beat a sin tank with a marauder unless he's bad, messes up, or catch him without cooldowns.

Edited by Krytycal

My name is Force Shroud and I just negated your frenzy + berserk + deadly saber + rupture.

Popped undying rage? Meet my friends Vanish and Sap.

You're not going to beat a sin tank with a marauder unless he's bad, messes up, or catch him without cooldowns.

Exactly.

An Assassin with a Darkness spec and good gear will be extremely difficult to take down if all his abilities are not on CD and he knows what he's doing.

We also have a lot of tools in our arsenal to put up a competitive fight, but an Assassin can dictate the flow of the fight because of Force Shroud and Vanish.

Deception spec is a different story however... They may do more damage but their survavilibity is atrocious.

Edited by lollermittens