Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1.1.5 Just got Updated.

OrionDammit

I like how they're fixing stuff for healers. I'm a healer and we're finally get our due in pvp. It always sucks to be at the bottom of the medals chart even though we keep everyone alive to win/cap/etc etc

The patch says that BM and Champ commendations area available via pvp vendors. Does this mean that we can trade in Champ commendations for BM tokens?

Edited by somnang

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battlemaster operative here, I like the changes

- Medalfarming brought out the worst in people

- On Ahto city reps only showed up at all at tuesday to farm the weekly, else it was player vs box if you wanted to do the ilum daily so good riddance Ilum

- I myself am roughly at the targeted 25% rate for BM bags so far but the frustration must be enormous for the people with bad luck.

except one:

- I could harass a small group of baddies alone that tried to tag an objective, now I have to stay in the fray which makes it a lot more difficult.

Edited by Abye

I expected them to add new gear or something, not making the top gear easyer to get, i mean once you have it... what will you do?

Unsub and try to get in the GW beta and find single player game to play untill it comes out is my answer...

Me and most of my guild have almost full rakata and are bm`s(not all have full BM gear due to RNG)

We wanted more content... not slapping us in the face by making everyone able to do 1/3 of the work we did to get the same results...

I expected them to add new gear or something, not making the top gear easyer to get, i mean once you have it... what will you do?

Unsub and try to get in the GW beta and find single player game to play untill it comes out is my answer...

Me and most of my guild have almost full rakata and are bm`s(not all have full BM gear due to RNG)

We wanted more content... not slapping us in the face by making everyone able to do 1/3 of the work we did to get the same results...

Do you know what happens right before new gear comes out in most MMOs?

That's right, the old "top gear" becomes easier to get.

But you can unsub because they're doing what you wanted them to, I guess....

Do you know what happens right before new gear comes out in most MMOs?

That's right, the old "top gear" becomes easier to get.

But you can unsub because they're doing what you wanted them to, I guess....

I can always resub when they add it...

But they didn`t even say they are adding a new gear tier.... and this is from the guys who like to talk a lot about how polished and bugfree and exciting this game will be...

Also it`s not like this change is the only reason, it`s this and the fact that there is nothing more to do... the same warzones over and over and now they just killed world pvp...

But they didn`t even say they are adding a new gear tier.... and this is from the guys who like to talk a lot about how polished and bugfree and exciting this game will be...

Also it`s not like this change is the only reason, it`s this and the fact that there is nothing more to do... the same warzones over and over and now they just killed world pvp...

Listen to this guy, please. He speaks reason.

So you PVP for gear?

Because gear will may you able to PVP to get more gear so you can pvp to get gear?

But now you get all gear there is nothing to do...

Poor kid.

So you PVP for gear?

Because gear will may you able to PVP to get more gear so you can pvp to get gear?

But now you get all gear there is nothing to do...

Poor kid.

Name 1 thing that there is to do after you get geared...nothing. There's no incentive to PvP after that. It's not fun, the players are the worst I've seen in an MMO yet.

Name 1 thing that there is to do after you get geared...nothing. There's no incentive to PvP after that. It's not fun, the players are the worst I've seen in an MMO yet.

Then what is the point to pvp in the first place, because you will eventually gear.

If you aren't playing for fun then why do it? Jesus the lot of you need to wipe your noses and go find something else to play. This game was created and directed at casuals, you will never find your endless grindfest or pro pvp/pve here.

Edited by Maxil

Then what is the point to pvp in the first place, because you will eventually gear.

If you aren't playing for fun then why do it?

There's absolutely nothing fun about PvP. The gear grind isn't fun. The games aren't fun. It's 3 WZs, they're poorly designed and the players are god awful.

Jesus the lot of you need to wipe your noses and go find something else to play. This game was created and directed at casuals, and being patched for them moreso. You will never find your endless grindfest or pro pvp/pve here.

it IS fun to many, especially the direction they are going.

Edited by Maxil

Jesus the lot of you need to wipe your noses and go find something else to play. This game was created and directed at casuals, and being patched for them moreso. You will never find your endless grindfest or pro pvp/pve here.

it IS fun to many, especially the direction they are going.

Poorly designed game is poorly designed. Just because a few carebears like it doesn't make it a qulaity game (as show by the fact that I feel like I'm playing a crappier version of WoW, which in itself is has become awful)

It's fun to many but it's not fun to many more.

Edited by nschlan

If you can't pvp for fun and need a carrot - unsub until 1.2 with Rated WZs.

* Increased the Warzone AFK timeout from 60 seconds to 90 seconds.

This is more of a bandaid fix to the stupid long "speeder ride" in Voidstar for the 1st defending team. They should have just removed the speeder ride.

Zaodon , from the other thread that just got linked here, It wasn't Voidstar that was the issue the timer didn't start counting til you landed. Huttball was the primary offender the game would consider you in the match prior to the load screen being finished. Sometimes you had only 20 to 30seconds to run out of the backroom and if the blastshield was up you got booted before you had a chance to leave.

Zaodon , from the other thread that just got linked here, It wasn't Voidstar that was the issue the timer didn't start counting til you landed. Huttball was the primary offender the game would consider you in the match prior to the load screen being finished. Sometimes you had only 20 to 30seconds to run out of the backroom and if the blastshield was up you got booted before you had a chance to leave.

Yup, rare to happen, but still annoying.

Poorly designed game is poorly designed. Just because a few carebears like it doesn't make it a qulaity game (as show by the fact that I feel like I'm playing a crappier version of WoW, which in itself is has become awful)

It's fun to many but it's not fun to many more.

Actually, you have this backward.

It's not fun to many, but it's fun to many, many, many more who aren't here in the forums whining about positive changes for the game.

Mostly good changes but I thought the gear was already pretty easy to get. No matter how easy they make it people will still cry. 6 months from now you will see posts like "But why do I have to go all the way to the vendor guy to pick up the gear..why cant it just appear in my bag /sigh." Then when they have the gear and still lose "Why isnt there a handicap system that brings better players in line with people like me /cry." It never ends.

Actually, you have this backward.

It's not fun to many, but it's fun to many, many, many more who aren't here in the forums whining about positive changes for the game.

Or it's not fun to many, many more who quit/log on once a day to do their daily. You do know this game is losing subs steadily right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.