1.1.5 Just got Updated.

OrionDammit

Guess they're making it much easier to rank up Valor wise. At least I can say I did it the hard way.

A guaranteed 2000+ valor per WZ... insane in mah membrane!

Catch up all you silly Repubs - The nasty Sith need a beating. :)

This is the typical BM that got leveled up during low level farming and Ilum zerg... he is a skilled player.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im happy with the changes, and some of you might flame me, but im glad that its gonna kill Ilum. On my server, Imperials usually dominate it, and the only time Republic finally get an ops up and get some fights going, there usually gone within 20 minutes when there dailies are done. In the end i like them because it means more and rewarding warzones.

There is absolutley no reason to stay once your dailies/weeklies are done. Hopefully Bioware will change Ilum so its alot more interesting and gives players a reason to stay.

I agree with the point about changing Ilum for the better, but I think it's been pretty good on 'Trask Uglo' so far compared to many servers.

Tuesdays are awesome! Were you there yesterday? Did my weekly then stayed to farm valour (I'm in my neverending 50s ...).

Average amount f medals for a normal player in this game is 4. Some classes 4 is super easy, others still have to work for it.

Great change.

I like the change, however the only people who should be struggling to get over 4 medals are Healers. If you are a DPS/Tank you are pretty awful if you can't get 4 medals.

making an all ready easy game, even easier by the looks of it

Players can now build credit towards the Battle for Ilum daily and weekly missions by playing Warzones.

so does this mean that you dont have to go illum to do daily ?? if thats the case no reps will go illum leaving it empty

The people that want open world pvp will go there, which is what it was intended for in the first place

The daily getting changed is due to a bunch of idiots that thought it would be cool to sit out there camping the spawn, they tried to fix it with 1.1.4 with the valor timer that kept them from spawn camping and such, but they still wouldnt stop.

They have nobody to blame for that but themselves.

I just got BM a few days ago and only have 2 BM comms, but 1000/1000 wz/merc and buying a stack of medic stims and exp stims but before I know it its back to 1000/1000 again.

But the 40 warzone is gonna suck but I can faceroll 4 metals each match so.......does that mean after the first 2 minutes of the match I can afk, since it would be like working for free after I get my dailies in?

I kid

Wow. Sad time for DPS, happy days for the hybrids/healers. Looks like another carebear catering update.

sad day for DPS? um, 75k damage, 10 kills 25 kills, killing blow..sounds like 4 medals to me..oh wait, 2.5. single hit, 1v1 kill, not to mention the objective based medals...

75k healing, 300k healing, 2.5k heal.......

surely the DPS arent complaining about being unable to get proper things done in a WZ...

Healer has to heal, plus put in DPS work just to hit 4 medals, all you have to do is what you do, kill things..

happy to see they made it possible for healz to actually hit 4 medals without having to do 2 jobs

So, I guess Ilum will just rot until they rework it in a later patch?

Why? This is an MMORPG. You cannot leave everything up to the Developers. Players are given the option to create their own content. Just because you can complete your Ilum quests in Warzones does not mean you need to do so. Gather some friends and go to Ilum. I am sure the opposing Faction will do the same from time to time. Take some hints from Sandbox style MMOs. Player created content is often alot more fun then the buggy pre-made stuff that is handed to us.

sad day for DPS? um, 75k damage, 10 kills 25 kills, killing blow..sounds like 4 medals to me..oh wait, 2.5. single hit, 1v1 kill, not to mention the objective based medals...

surely the DPS arent complaining about being unable to get proper things done in a WZ...

Healer has to heal, plus put in DPS work just to hit 4 medals, all you have to do is what you do, kill things..

happy to see they made it possible for healz to actually hit 4 medals without having to do 2 jobs

Good points, and the 1.2 patch will contain more medals for hitting objectives. There should be no problems for DPS specs like my own.

Any healer that's not an idiot can get a killing blow through dots or what have you. Any healer that does nothing but heal is a bad healer.

They'll also get the kills medals if they again aren't awful and only heal.

Edited by EternalFinality

"silly noob i love people who talk crap about merc's when troopers are just as easy and mindless to play, have you ever heard of grav rounds? guess you dont know **** about the game, yet you all cry about sorc's... so pathetic

this game needs arena so all these entitled pubs have to take a look an actual look at how they play"

This person is an Imp and never had a challenge in Ilum cause Pubs were outnumbered 5-1 or worse.

These chir'ren are funny...sad, but funny.

Why? This is an MMORPG. You cannot leave everything up to the Developers. Players are given the option to create their own content. Just because you can complete your Ilum quests in Warzones does not mean you need to do so. Gather some friends and go to Ilum. I am sure the opposing Faction will do the same from time to time. Take some hints from Sandbox style MMOs. Player created content is often alot more fun then the buggy pre-made stuff that is handed to us.

So, how many players do you know that like doing double the work to complete quests? Why on earth (or Ilum) would you go to Ilum and get your 30-150 kills and then do the warzone matches if you can just do them at the same time?

Logic shows that they just killed Ilum completely, but I'm not sad at all.

Edited by crew_dawg

Goodbye Ilum! No one will ever step into ilum again if you dont need to for the Missions. There is no reason, fun? No... 99% are not having fun there because of crappy performance and empire outnumbering rep by far etc.

Srsly... i don't get what BW is doing with this game. Who cares, March 20 the game will be dead for sure.

Goodbye Ilum! No one will ever step into ilum again if you dont need to for the Missions. There is no reason, fun? No... 99% are not having fun there because of crappy performance and empire outnumbering rep by far etc.

Srsly... i don't get what BW is doing with this game. Who cares, March 20 the game will be dead for sure.

If you don't have fun there, why are you complaining about not having to go there?

Illum time line

game released people hit 50 illum= nice place to meet opposite faction swap control of base while chatting, daily done quick travel to fleet

BW try to fix illum, create a crazy spawn camp where people cant get off illum and people get crazy valour

BW try to fix again, spawn camping gone but its a free for all with your own faction to get nodes to do dailys (AND CRAZY RED TEXT SPAM later fixed)

BW announce patch 1.1.5, give up on illum, no need to go there now

So BW if you first dont succeed try and try again then forget it !

Edited by lethal_ghost

Well, on the flipside, Imperial groups that roll BM premades will have a much shorter time to enjoy the expertise & tier 3 PvP gear advantage. So in a sense, this can be seen as an attempt to balance the playing field sooner on most servers that that heavily favored for the Imperials. Which is almost every server at the moment. Yes, some players, mostly imperials, are pissed about the change. It is however a good move on Biowares part.

-LatinLegacy

*EDIT* Link added for convenience

PvP

General

Healers in Warzones now receive kill credit when a healed player kills an enemy.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=325047

I have a question on this it is not very clear. Does this mean as a healer at the start of a match I can just toss an AOE heal on everyone on my team and i will get all kills counted to me. Or in a voidstar i can just AOE heal where everyone is fighting and i can top the charts on kills? I love the healer love with this patch but it seems a bit over powered.

I have a question on this it is not very clear. Does this mean as a healer at the start of a match I can just toss an AOE heal on everyone on my team and i will get all kills counted to me. Or in a voidstar i can just AOE heal where everyone is fighting and i can top the charts on kills? I love the healer love with this patch but it seems a bit over powered.

Based on how the buff mechanic functions, I would assume you only get credit while they're in combat. Meaning you would have to wait until everyone was in combat and then drop an aoe heal. Then you'd get credit for everyone they killed yeah.

It's really no different than dropping an aoe damage spell on that area though.