The thought that WoW has more endgame content

Yaiser

To de-bunk and explain some thoughts

Thought #1 WoW has more raid content

False - Ever since BC WoW has implemented 2 instances in the first raid tier of an expansion. We are seeing, so far, the same model in TOR. Cataclysm was the exception to this in WoW but the raids easily were considered one raid as clearing both BOT/BWL in one night was common place.

Thought #2 TOR raids are too easy vs. WoW

False and LOL @ Cataclysm and Wrath. WoW raids haven't been difficult since BC and the 2nd and 3rd tiers of the past 2 expansions, even on HM, difficulty has been laughable. The first tier in Cataclysm was easy before everyone complained of its difficulty and subsequently got nerfed. Although the difficulty in TOR isn't very high WoW is not any more difficult.

Thought #3 There is nothing to do in TOR at endgame vs. WoW

And what is there to do in WoW? Farm dailies, grind dungeons, raid, farm achievements. Looks pretty similar to the TOR endgame to me. No, TOR doesn't have as many dailies but we're really splitting hairs here. There are no achievements in TOR as of yet but if you are farming achievements you must be pretty bored with a game to do so. MMO's have a grind to get gear at endgame and TOR hasn't changed anything up.

Thought #4 TOR is more aimed at casuals than WoW

Really? LFR is all that needs to be said on that. There is nothing wrong with being a casual, some people realize life is more important than a video game but you can't say WoW isn't aimed at a casual market. In this day and age all MMO's are going to be catering to a casual audience, that is how the market has changed and this is how developer's are going to adapt to stay afloat int he marketplace.

I was not a shot at saying TOR is better than WoW, everyone has their own opinion. These are just some facts that I wanted to throw out there that really in some circumstance these games are pretty even leveled.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I hate the bloated blizzard monster pig as much the the next guy, to suggest that swtor has even a fraction of its content is laughable, no matter how you look at it. With 3 years of dev love swtor still couldnt match that behemoth for content...

Well here is how i look at it

I have 9 lvl 85s and my options when i log on wow is:

Run the same 3 heroics until i reach weekly cap and run the same raid twice, one in LFR and one in normal (can't be bothered with heroic mode which is essentially the same content anyway)

Not exactly a lot of relevant content

Sure, there are more heroics but have you been in the older cata heroics lately?

It's filled with completely clueless ppl in crafted pvp blue and quest green gear. I'd honestly rather just afk in SW than do that

Edited by lineschmidt

Thought #1...

Well, yes, of course WoW has more raid content... I mean, they have been going for what, nearly 8 years, and had 3 expansions?

Thought #2...

Couldn't comment, haven't done any raids in TOR yet. They do look rather similar to WoW raids from the videos though.

Thought #3...

I refer you to my answer for #1. Replace the word 'raid' with the phrase 'endgame content'.

Thought #4...

I agree, and unfortunately, you are right. It means that most MMOs these days will be shallow affairs that require very little time and thought. It's a shame they can't come up with a model that requires little time, but still requires thought. A game for casuals, but one you still need to think about.

While I hate the bloated blizzard monster pig as much the the next guy, to suggest that swtor has even a fraction of its content is laughable, no matter how you look at it. With 3 years of dev love swtor still couldnt match that behemoth for content...

Current WoW raid content: 1 (one) raid instance - Dragon Soul

All previous ones are obsolete.

To de-bunk and explain some thoughts

False and LOL @ Cataclysm and Wrath. WoW raids haven't been difficult since BC and the 2nd and 3rd tiers of the past 2 expansions, even on HM, difficulty has been laughable. The first tier in Cataclysm was easy before everyone complained of its difficulty and subsequently got nerfed. Although the difficulty in TOR isn't very high WoW is not any more difficult.

False... U probably never played wow, or played post nerf content on normal mode.

1 - Go back in time and kill Ragnaros Heroic Pre nerf, then go tell Paragon that kill Heroic Ragnaros was easy.

2 - Make a pug and try to down Heroic Lich King today, and now imagine how it was back on WotLK without nerfs.

3 - Go go kill Sinestra.

4 - Then u come back here with screen shots and maybe i listen to that.

While I appreciate what you are trying to say I don't agree that Ulduar HM was easy by any stretch of the imagination and neither was Anub Whatisface on HM in TOC. If you got 'Firefighter' pre nerf then I take my hat off to you as a skilled player, otherwise I think you might want to zip it because the most difficult thing about TBC was attuning players and getting people the right gear, the fights weren't that hard mechanics wise so i think you have it wrong.

FWIW - I didn't do Firefighter pre nerf, too difficult for me.

I can't comment on SWTOR ops yet as I am now a hugely casual player levelling multiple characters and enjoying the story, this is the game that alowed me to chill and enjoy the game for what it is, 3 raiding days a week is something I now can easily do without.

You may have a point. Too bad most of WoW's content is irrelevant. The only parts of it that mean anything are the few heroic dungeons that everyone runs, the 1 main raid, and the battlegrounds. The rest of it is irrelevant.

Oh, and they've had 7 years to bring all that content. If you expect the same from every MMO that comes down the pike at the beginning, you are clearly delusional.

Besides, shouldn't you be complaining about the game engine somewhere?

Edited by Jederix

I don't understand why people are comparing TOR at launch to WoW in it's current state. If you compare to two at launch, TOR comes out on top, no contest.

I compare them in their current state and the mere fact that I play TOR now makes it the clear winner for me.

In terms of the 'amount' of content argument how many are running even the previous raids/dungeons weekly. I would love to see how long it takes to get an on level group for Karazhan or Ahn'Qhirij. Those are the real numbers and stats people should be clamoring for. Adding a faction for each planet/zone for rep grinding is just death by a thousand cuts to keep the subscription active. We already have a codex, I go from planet to planet trying to fill each one out.

Thought #3 There is nothing to do in TOR at endgame vs. WoW

And what is there to do in WoW? Farm dailies, grind dungeons, raid, farm achievements. Looks pretty similar to the TOR endgame to me. No, TOR doesn't have as many dailies but we're really splitting hairs here. There are no achievements in TOR as of yet but if you are farming achievements you must be pretty bored with a game to do so. MMO's have a grind to get gear at endgame and TOR hasn't changed anything up.

1) Considering the raids in SWTOR are laughable... No... And when I say laughable... I mean literally... People are literally 4 or 5 manning hard mode bosses (youtube is your friend). My guild isn't even "hardcore" and we 4 manned the entire 8 man eternity vault with a Vanguard Tank, 2 Commando DPS, and a Sage Healer...

Like literally my first night of raiding in this game... We were going to do 16 player normal... We had 11 people in our group because people didn't show up... We didn't want to make anyone sit so just said fudge it and went on... We killed everything, but Soa... And the only reason we didn't kill him is because the fight was broken back then... Our first night. All undergeared... No strategy videos... No strategies of any kind... And a big one, without addons (since they dont exist lol)...

Try doing that in WoW... People literally pug nightmare modes on my server... Most full fledged raiding guilds haven't even cleared all of normal mode DS yet on WoW... Let alone hard modes which are SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult comparatively speaking...

----------

2) And endgame content is non-existant here... I leveled pretty slow in this game, taking my time so the fan boys didn't accuse me of rushing through it... I didn't reach level 50 until the second week of January (having started leveling on the 13th of December)... By the beginning of February I had cleared everything... All flashpoint hard modes... All nightmare raid bosses... I had full Rakata implants and earpiece from dailies... And I didn't rush those either... I did one flashpoint a day for the daily... I raided 2 nights a week on Tue/Thu from 8-11... And all of this was while PVPing also and I am rank 55 Valor (never used the valor exploit)...

Edited by Squeets

Possibly because WoW has had 7 years of dev love?

I love SW:TOR as much as the next fanboy... but you can seriously be trying to tell people that TOR raids are just as hard as WoW's can you?

My first week of hitting 50 I pugged EV with random people, and no vent and we cleared all but Soa within 2 hours... the only reason we couldn't beat Soa was because of the literally dozens of bugs.

Now I regularly pug HM EV and always go at least 4/5 with just random people.

Pugs can't even beat 25 man LK in WoW consistently and they outlevel it and out gear it by multiple tiers.

Thought #5; Who cares.

If you like SW:ToR, then play it. If you like WoW better, then play it.

This is like trying to argue that Fruity Pebbles are better than Lucky Charms. It doesn't matter. Shutup and play the game you like.

Fruity Pebbles beat the snot out of Lucky Charms and everybody knows it.

To deny that makes you a lepreboi.

Thought #5; Who cares.

If you like SW:ToR, then play it. If you like WoW better, then play it.

This is like trying to argue that Fruity Pebbles are better than Lucky Charms. It doesn't matter. Shutup and play the game you like.

I have to disagree with you there. Lucky Charms are better. But then that is my opinion. As is SW:ToR and WoW are both great games. But I can't play WoW due to things Blizzard has done. Blizzcongate :(

Fruity Pebbles beat the snot out of Lucky Charms and everybody knows it.

To deny that makes you a lepreboi.

Cookie Crisp...its all about Cookie Crisp!

No, but the 'difficulty' (or lack of) argument seems to be more about everything being inclusive rather than exclusive. In which who cares what the other guy is doing?