if interrupts completely cripple mercenaries, why have I never seen one fake cast?

Aidank

But there is no "enormous advantage" in swtor...how does that make him bad? Only players who are crippled by a lockout are clickers.

No enormous advantage... unless you play an Operative/Scoundrel healer and realize that one Kolto Injection being interrupted means certain death of a teammate.

No enormous advantage... unless you play an Operative/Scoundrel healer and realize that one Kolto Injection being interrupted means certain death of a teammate.

Did I end up in the wrong thread??? I thought this was about tracer/grav "fake casting"

A few reasons I hardly do it at all in this game and used to be aware of it 24/7 in WoW.

1- hard to tell (for me anyway) visually if someone has used an interrupt, especially in groups. Basically I just fake cast once or twice and HOPE they had used their interrupt, then go ahead and spam.

2- lockout doesn't hurt, I just use full auto and lol really hard at you because it does more damage than grav round anyway.

I'm still a bit shaky on healing and fake casting, can't quite come to a conclusion on whether it helps or not. Most people seem to die fast enough that anything but full heal arsenal will not be enough to keep them up. Getting interrupted means a teammate dies, but fake casting means doing the same. Usually I'll just cast until I see if its a person that actually interrupts. If they do, I will try once or twice to do it. Usually I just get frustrated because it seems like I'm the one that stopped my cast, but in reality I stopped casting, got interrupted because of some sort of cast stop delay, and got interrupted anyway. reeeaaally need a way to track interrupts graphically.

Just curious, why don't more mercenaries fake cast? Tracer is a 1.5 sec cast, it shouldn't be that difficult.

1. First you interrupt yourself and i laugh my *** off

2. Then you are trying to fire this thing just to realize that I interrupted you :p

I usually interrupt at the end of loading bar (trolling) so it hits almost all the time. And because of that you will not be able to fire this thing for 4 seconds anyway.

And for people that say BH have other tools. Most of you DON'T have other tools :p Sorry but this is true. I can't even count how many times I blocked your tracer / gravity gun and watch you do nothing at all :p Probably pressing that "awesome button" of yours in anger :p

My first char I played was BH (boring like hell) so I know how to play it. And because I know how to play it I know to kill it :p

Honestly, it's because the casting mechanics are a bit fluffy as it is. Fake casting often simply leads to interrupting oneself or leading to "ghost casts" after the fake cast. It makes it hard/unreliable to know for sure if you really are casting whatever you think you're casting.

wow...you really hate tracer missile dont you...i see you all over the place bashing it

He spends his days posting about tracer missle and sorc/sage. If he spent half as much time actually playing as he did posting whine threads he might not suck as bad as he leads on to be on the forums.

Edited by Telaan