This game lacks epeen

Eddizel

hi, I'm a hardcore player, l need something to show off in a game to prove how I dedicated myself to clear the dumbed down content in a month which was developed for casual players

if I can't have my gigantic epeen to show off I can't waddle around at the fleet to show my shinies!

well, even if I get an epeen booster, there's no people to show them my ginormous epeen

guess I'll go back to WoW

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to say that I appreciate all of the players that rushed to endgame to let us all know we could take our time leveling up and enjoying the story. I credit those of you who did so with tremendously increasing my appreciation of the game's finer points.

With only a L35 Jedi, a L32 Trooper, a L16 Agent and L16 Bounty Hunter, I've still got a lot of game left to play, and that doesn't even count the other 4 story lines.

Ya'll enjoy your Battlemaster though! Good luck.

BTW, just for the sake of facts, what is the estimation of the percentage of the player base that could be considered "hardcore players" that would enjoy the said epeen measuring stick?

5%? 10%? More?

Edited by Kubernetic

Cause epeen matters, lol honestly i hope they never bring in the epeen factor. That way all those people can go back to the cesspool called wow. While others enjoy a game for fun, cause you know, it's only a game........... Edited by Bladedakoda

They are the ones who create awesome websites with strats and videos for bosses, or the math nerds who theorycraft all the best specs and how to gear and spreadsheets and 3rd party programs to make the game better if you are into that stuff.

They are the ones who are comfortable leading PUG raids (ops) in their sparetime or leading rated pvp teams.

They are the ones who run smaller dungeon/flashpoint content multiple times looking for specific gear or trying out a new spec or playing alts or maybe even just for fun, while a casual may run it only once just to see it, this makes more groups happening and more often!

They are the ones who run the best guilds and push content and develop rivalries and server communities in both PVE and PVP.

They are the ones who are very active on the GTN and help drive the server economy.

They are the ones willing to test new content on patches on the test servers.

Wow man. I have never read such an amazing (and accurate) eulogy to hardcore players. I totally agree 100% - I mean I had full Columi in a week...compare that to Vanilla WoW where Full T1/T2 took many months,AND you needed the gear to beat the higher level Raids (and in many cases, bosses from the same dungeon you were in !)

Can't even add anything to this post it is just so perfectly put and true

Wow man. I have never read such an amazing (and accurate) eulogy to hardcore players. I totally agree 100% - I mean I had full Columi in a week...compare that to Vanilla WoW where Full T1/T2 took many months,AND you needed the gear to beat the higher level Raids (and in many cases, bosses from the same dungeon you were in !)

Can't even add anything to this post it is just so perfectly put and true

So you are saying that 10% of gamers playing the game will carry the other 90%?

So you are saying that 10% of gamers playing the game will carry the other 90%?

Its less than 10 % actually. Community drives MMOs - Hardcore players create the communities.

edit: If you are a casual player, what are you going to do once you are fully raid/pvp geared ? Because even casuals can do that in a week or two here....

Edited by justregularjoe

Its less than 10 % actually. Community drives MMOs - Hardcore players create the communities.

edit: If you are a casual player, what are you going to do once you are fully raid/pvp geared ? Because even casuals can do that in a week or two here....

I have been playing almost 2 months and just got my first 50. Most casuals will not hit 50 in a week.

I think the main problem with this thread is the title. It is set to bring flames from the beginning.

As a casual person I will agree that the game needs more end-game things to do.

I agree with all that op said. It's just like with movies, movie created only for masses (casuals) is just a bland, boring, packed with CGI and predictable creation (Transformers 3 is perfect example). You watch such movie and forget about it in a day. They are created to make as much money as possible so they lower PG to 13, making everything as easy to understand so you average dumb teenager can understand it. But do you actually get something out of it other than 2 hours of mindless rather low quality fun? Do you remember watching Blade Runner or a Space Odyssey, if you did it would be stuck in your head to this day, that is quality creation that never gets old. Those are the movies that will give everyone that feeling of satisfaction for watching something more than just a bland pile of doo doo.

I realize those days are gone now, there will be no more beatiful and intelligent creations unless it's something low budget and not mainstream, make it be movies, music or games. Such a sad days we live in.

Cause epeen matters, lol honestly i hope they never bring in the epeen factor. That way all those people can go back to the cesspool called wow. While others enjoy a game for fun, cause you know, it's only a game...........

And how does this so called "epeen factor" affect your game?

Are they getting right up in your face and demanding you look at their super rare mount or spamming chat with "look how cool am i am!!"? Most likely not, and if they are you can easily ignore them.

Does giving them a super rare mount to go for take away any part of the game you enjoy? No, it doesnt.

So what nobody can ever tell me is exactly why giving hardcores something to go for ruins your game. The reason they can't is because it DOESN'T.

I don't understand how demanding that they don't get what they want, while you get what you want is in any way fair.

This is a Bioware game.

Bioware makes story driven games and have never made a difficult one, because if the game is too hard players won't be able to complete the story.

You can't have a faceroll-easy leveling experience & suddenly ramp up the difficulty at endgame. The playerbase would revolt.

Your insight into hardcore players feels spot-on, but unfortunately the Burning Crusade progression model is long dead.

There are several reasons for this, but the biggest one is that MMOs now exist in an environment where they're competing with Farmville, Angry Birds, and XBOX Live for share of wallet, mindshare, and player time.

After wow I'm all up for a "no epeen" factor. I got sick of working hard to be unique, to try to get that old leggy item, or that imba mount that rarely anyone has, I got sick of seeing those few Scarab Lords who think they're so special. They're not. No one is special. There should be no epeen in any mmo, there should only be a very good big character creator/editor mode so we could not only make a unique character, but also dress it unique. But base items/mounts/titles etc should be available to anyone. Maximum with some reasonable grind (not a month or so, a week-two tops).

Are they getting right up in your face and demanding you look at their super rare mount or spamming chat with "look how cool am i am!!"? Most likely not, and if they are you can easily ignore them.

Does giving them a super rare mount to go for take away any part of the game you enjoy? No, it doesnt.

So what nobody can ever tell me is exactly why giving hardcores something to go for ruins your game. The reason they can't is because it DOESN'T.

Demanding that they not get what they want while you get everything you want just means that YOU are the dickwad, not the hardcore players.

The fact is Hardcore do ruin the game for everyone else. Lets take a step back for a minute. Wow had the biggest numbers in the games history with wotlk. Why? Because it was pug friendly and people could grind for their 5 set bonus. Then Blizzard make the biggest mistake they could. They listened to the Hardcore few qqing on the forums. Or should i say, so called thought they were hard core.

So wotlk ends and cata hits, People gear up step into Fire lands hit shannox and think, this is not so bad. move on to Beth, it's a gear check fight nothing more. So a few guilds get her down pretty quick. Move on to Lord Rhyolith, most guilds get stumped cause its a NRG fight. After that it all goes down hill. The fact is less that 5% of guilds cleared HM fire lands before the nerfs.

So after people get a taste of normal mode what happens, Blizzard starts loosing subs by the 100,000's not just a few here and there. So what do they do? they go into damage control and bring in a easy mode LFR. Why, because the casuals who don't want to bang their heads against a brick wall for months on end and have left. Sorry but it's time people realise hardcore are in the 5% maybe 10% of mmo's.

So two million subs gone and they bring in a LFG, problem is, it's too late cause those people are long gone. So yes Hardcore do ruin the game for the majority of the player base cause they feel the need to be special. the bigger concern is why do people need to feel elite in a video game. So you can stand in fleet, have some women (who is really a man), pst you saying wow your gear is cool. Then you sit back and think to yourself, wow i am leet IRL.............

Edited by Bladedakoda

So what nobody can ever tell me is exactly why giving hardcores something to go for ruins your game. The reason they can't is because it DOESN'T

Um, Actually, I hate it when you park yourself upon me, the mailboxes, and the storage units, so yes you do get in the way with obnoxious epeen blocking the view and my whole screen.

Kindly go to a smaller , and apparently (QQ) less epeen, speeder or walk while in the Fleet so as not obstruct everyone's view of important things, like anything on their screen.

So, take your Super Mount out of my face, please.

Oh yeah, and WoW, wasn't it the epeen guilds/crowd/testers that were all caught Exploiting what they passed in tests? Oh, 8 day ban slap, oops.

You know why, OP? Cause this game isn't for you. You chew up games and spit out panties. We like to take it slow, ya know what i mean? ;P

If you really want to go all pro, I think there's a pro-game society in just about every state in this country. Go for the gold, you winner.

Edited by TheNevet

Bioware arent blind,deaf and dumb. If you feel so passionately about this game lacking epeen then stick the **** around and keep agitating instead of quitting and going back to the MMO that gives you the pleasure you want.

That is the point, are they? You have a TON of feedback from early beta not even adressed. Or just started to be adressed now. You have serios bugs not even toutched.

They have gone their own line not listen to the comunity at all.

the prime example is the UI. People my think that the UI does not matter, but it does. A lot of people do care about the UI, and that is me include.

There has been feedback on how bad the UI is all the way back to early Beta, and nothing was done. And I mean everything about the UI. GTN, not able to open more then 2 "interfeacs" at the same time. The UI lag when you open a window, a lag that no other game has. Just try it out. Spam your inventory. Open and close it as fast as posible. Then try out ANY other MMO and stry it. You will find out that there is no other MMO out there that ahs this lag.

All of this was reported way back, but first now they are actually taking an active interest in it. Way, WAY to late IMO.

The main reason for this problem is EA/BW's experiance. It mainly lays in singple player consol gaming. Which is then portet to PC's.

We are NOT talking about old BioWare, the new BioWare is EA emplees.

The "epeen" in the game was also adressed back in beta. People did report that they believed that things was to easy. It was NOT adressed at all.

It is good and OK that EA/BW is keeping to their idea and plane, but they really should listen more to the fans and the feedback they provide.

Now it i to late. To many of them has gone, and more are going. New people are coming, but few of them are "hard-core". The "hard-core" was there when the game was released. Now only casuals will come.

The fact is Hardcore do ruin the game for everyone else. Lets take a step back for a minute. Wow had the biggest numbers in the games history with wotlk. Why? Because it was pug friendly and people could grind for their 5 set bonus. Then Blizzard make the biggest mistake they could. They listened to the Hardcore few qqing on the forums. Or should i say so called thought they were hard core.

So wotlk ends and cata hits, People gear up step into Fire lands hit shannox and think, this is not so bad. move on to Beth, it's a gear check fight nothing more. So a few guilds get her down pretty quick. Move on to Lord Rhyolith, most guilds get stumped cause its a NRG fight. After that it all goes down hill. The fact is less that 5% of guilds cleared HM fire lands before the nerfs.

So after people get a taste of normal mode what happens, Blizzard starts loosing subs by the 100,000's not just a few here and there. So what do they do? they go into damage control and bring in a easy mode LFR. Why, because the casuals who don't want to bang their heads against a brick wall for months on end and have left. Sorry but it's time people realise hardcore are in the 5% maybe 10% of mmo's.

So two million subs gone and they bring in a LFG, problem is, it's too late cause those people are long gone. So yes Hardcore do ruin the game for the majority of the player base cause they feel the need to be special. the bigger concern is why do people need to feel elite in a video game. So you can stand in fleet, have some women (who is really a man), pst you saying wow your gear is cool. Then you sit back and think to yourself, wow i am leet IRL.............

So a tiny portion of qqers get listened to, if thats indeed what happened, and the entire group is labeled bad. And nothing whatsoever that you just said gives any strength to the argument that hardcores should NOT get their own stuff, just that hardcore philosophy shouldn't spill over into the rest of the game.

And I'm sorry but the majority of hardcore players dont want the ENTIRE game to be a super hard challenge. They want a small special section to be a challenge and that's what HM were supposed to be in WoW. Casuals got regular and hardcore got HM. Which would have worked for everybody.

I'll admit Blizzard did the exact wrong thing by upping the difficulty on the entire endgame experience, but they should never nerf HM for the express purpose of casuals. It's got no extra story or anything that has any impact on their playstyle.

So I say again, if implemented CORRECTLY, what does it do to affect casuals?

Um, Actually, I hate it when you park yourself upon me, the mailboxes, and the storage units, so yes you do get in the way with obnoxious epeen blocking the view and my whole screen.

Kindly go to a smaller , and apparently (QQ) less epeen, speeder or walk while in the Fleet so as not obstruct everyone's view of important things, like anything on their screen.

So, take your Super Mount out of my face, please.

Oh yeah, and WoW, wasn't it the epeen guilds/crowd/testers that were all caught Exploiting what they passed in tests? Oh, 8 day ban slap, oops.

Except that isnt epeen. I'm not sure what speeders in this game are that big but I've seen people intentionally block the mailboxes in WoW all the time. And guess who are doing it? Not the hardcore group I'm talking about. It's the people just being jerks with their 100G elephant mounts.

So a tiny portion of qqers get listened to, if thats indeed what happened, and the entire group is labeled bad. And nothing whatsoever that you just said gives any strength to the argument that hardcores should NOT get their own stuff, just that hardcore philosophy shouldn't spill over into the rest of the game.

And I'm sorry but the majority of hardcore players dont want the ENTIRE game to be a super hard challenge. They want a small special section to be a challenge and that's what HM were supposed to be in WoW. Casuals got regular and hardcore got HM. Which would have worked for everybody.

I'll admit Blizzard did the exact wrong thing by upping the difficulty on the entire endgame experience, but they should never nerf HM for the express purpose of casuals. It's got no extra story or anything that has any impact on their playstyle.

You can argue back and forth as much as you like, the fact is casuals are the majority. This game came out as a story based mmo. Surely that would have given you some indication it was never going to be for the hardcore crowd. You say nothing i said gives strength to my argument. But they are the facts all you are spilling is qq, i want to feel special.

Also they nerfed Hm because the top guilds could not clear it. Thats why it was nerfed. Why do you think Paragon players got a 8 day ban. Cause they had to exploit the raid.

Edited by Bladedakoda

You can argue back and forth as much as you like, the fact is casuals are the majority. This game came out as a story based mmo. Surely that would have given you some indication it was never going to be for the hardcore crowd. You say nothing i said gives strength to my argument. But they are the facts all you are spilling is qq, i want to feel special.

My entire argument is NOT "gimme gimme i want to feel special", its "if they did how exactly would that hurt you?"

And regardless of what you think is qq, you haven't actually countered my argument. You just gave an example of Blizzard making a mistake that has nothing to do with my argument.

And the top guilds DID down HM Rag without a nerf, they only nerfed it like 1 week before the next tier came out. Also, the only Paragon 8-day ban that I can even imagine you're referring to was because they exploited the LFR to gear themselves. They never got banned for exploiting the rag fight.

Edited by Akirator

If it's just for "Hard" modes, why the "own stuff" that the casuals would not have a chance to get, thereby actually affecting the casuals.

Better equipment does mean better equipped, which can make a big difference in a WZ, or even OPs.

Try like we used to, raid naked.