This game lacks epeen

Eddizel

Hardcore/Casual is the main problem of the game a person that invest 8 hour a day playing with a person investing 2/3 hour a day

it's like having a NBA team playing with highschool kids

is it fun?

Rather then have PVP server and PVE server they should understand that the real difference is between TIME INVESTED (that is really the only thing that matter in a MMO) and not silly pvp-pve... those thing pvp-pve cna be regulated easily but the TIME INVESTED CANNOT!

so i rather see server capped at 25 hour a week (with lowered xp/material requirment)

and server "non stop" (with X2 or X3 material and xp requirment)

rather then server PVP and PVE because the real difference between player IS THE TIME

No, it's not. Especially in this game.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say you are taking that too far but, many people play in an effort to gain attention or reward for their in-game accomplishments. They might do great things in real life but, for what ever reason, they crave this sort of affirmation. Often times it has to do with the more consistent distribution of reward for their effort that such games offer.

I agree with this, Matte_Black. I think the elephant in the room where MMO's are concerned is that it's a common, and often enough anecodotally confirmed, perception that they're chiefly aimed at and designed for those with a lot of time to waste and/or are elsewise under-engaged or dissatisfied with their lives and, thus, wind up seeking their gratifications via the surrogate of game accomplishments.

It's not true of everybody, and even for those it would definitively be true for, the reasons, as with the extents to which it is true, would vary substantially.

Never the less, it is still something that is, perhaps, a little too commonly true of a few too many.

No, it's not. Especially in this game.

it's less the other MMO thanks god but the people cry about it and want more epeen to make it even more true what i am saying.

u just want to win easy go kid go...

Edited by Pekish

You want ultra-barrier-to-entry-epeen BS and that's not what this game, and more recent games are about. Then you say "thats why people keep playing" and thats factually not true. The "majority" player base is not YOU. Sorry pal, thats not how it is.

Pretty much this, but in the context of a general statement.

SW:TOR is a very different kind of MMO, and it's more focused on story, art, and cinematic details. There are plenty of other games out there that appeal to the 'top dog' style of play.

Why try to make this game something that it's not meant to be? Guys, just try and appreciate SW:TOR for what it is, and for the entertainment that it provides. Trust the Devs, to make quality content that we'll all get to enjoy.

Just try and pack the ePeen away for a bit, calm down, and just enjoy the game.

Edited by JediElf

I have to agree somewhat with the original poster.

Since a lot of the PvPers took advantage of the exploits & cheated ther way to get to level 50, Valour Rank 65 & full BM gear sets, they have nothing left to strive for.

They are not true PvPers. Because a True PvPer strives for the trill of battle. Getting the gear is not the end of PvP. It's actually the beginning.

Rather then have PVP server and PVE server they should understand that the real difference is between TIME INVESTED (that is really the only thing that matter in a MMO) and not silly pvp-pve... those thing pvp-pve cna be regulated easily but the TIME INVESTED CANNOT!

so i rather see server capped at 25 hour a week (with lowered xp/material requirment)

and server "non stop" (with X2 or X3 material and xp requirment)

rather then server PVP and PVE because the real difference between player IS THE TIME

This wouldn't work because people would want to play with the perceived "better" players. Think about it. You think PvP servers are the ones that get filled first because players like getting ganked? No it's because they perceive the PvPers to be the better players because in previous games the servers that downed content first and had the top guilds were on the PvP servers.

So players would want to roll on the "hardcore servers" even if they are not.

Edited by DarthKhaos

Pretty much this, but in the context of a general statement.

SW:TOR is a very different kind of MMO, and it's more focused on story, art, and cinematic details. There are plenty of other games out there that appeal to the 'top dog' style of play.

Why try to make this game something that it's not meant to be? Guys, just try and appreciate SW:TOR for what it is, and for the entertainment that it provides. Trust the Devs, to make quality content that we'll all get to enjoy.

Just try and pack the ePeen away for a bit, calm down, and just enjoy the game.

You can only look at the same art over and over for so long before you stop caring. Content is king. I don't care how pretty it is, if you devour it all too fast because it's too easy you won't care anymore. And that's what's happening in this game.

I lost the quote, but I would like to second the notion that both communities, Hardcore and Casual are needed for this game.

Hardcore for providing community services like Torhead, boss guides, etc

Casual for providing enough money for the developers to continue making/improving the game

I hope Hardcore players stick with the game and I hope the devs provide some hard content and correspondingly awesome reward for the hardcore crowd. I beleive that this would give casual players something to strive for, like the Sunwell Armor that was mentioned.

on a seperate note, i think the BW should not implement cross server LFG so that players who are obnoxiously epeening, basically being arrogant show offs can be blacklisted and forced to reroll or become a nicer player

You can only look at the same art over and over for so long before you stop caring. Content is king. I don't care how pretty it is, if you devour it all too fast because it's too easy you won't care anymore. And that's what's happening in this game.

Not true for everyone. The people that devour it quickly, have only themselves to blame. That's not Biowares fault, at all.

Also how does one define 'content' if it'snot the art and the story? Even the flashpoints contain story elements, and cinematics. Art is woven into this game, more tightly than any other MMO before it.

If you take that away what do you have left? What kind of game is it? How can that be fun?

Why try and force the game, into something, that it's not meant to be?

Not true for everyone. The people that devour it quickly, have only themselves to blame. That's not Biowares fault, at all.

Also how does one define 'content' if it'snot the art and the story? Even the flashpoints contain story elements, and cinematics. Art is woven into this game, more tightly than any other MMO before it.

If you take that away what do you have left? What kind of game is it? How can that be fun?

Why try and force the game, into something, that it's not meant to be?

So you're telling me you'd enjoy running Black Talon or Esseles over and over for 3 months because it's pretty? Go on.....

My point is, you need both. I'm not saying I'd fight a white room full of white blocks if it was hard. But at the same time running the same stuff over and over that you cleared months ago isnt compelling either

Edited by Mynden

Hardcore for providing community services like Torhead, boss guides, etc

Casual for providing enough money for the developers to continue making/improving the game.

I hope Hardcore players stick with the game and I hope the devs provide some hard content and correspondingly awesome reward for the hardcore crowd. I beleive that this would give casual players something to strive for, like the Sunwell Armor that was mentioned.

Excuse me? I'm not here to fund 'your game'. I pay my subscription, to fund my game.

This is the kind of attitude that people don't want in this game. We are not little peons, supplying the big boy raiders with mats, and supplies. Those days are over.

What I strive for is my own personal goals, I don't need gear to fuel my gameing sessions, not in this game.

Edited by JediElf

Excuse me? I'm not here to fund 'your game'. I pay my subscription, to fund my game.

This is the kind of attitude that people don't want in this game. We are not little peons supplying the big boy raiders with mats and supplies. Those days are over.

What I strive for is my own personal goals, I don't need gear to fuel my gameing sessions, not in this game.

Have fun with your empty servers because no one cares to play the same stuff for months on end with no goals. Thats what "your game" is going to lead to. It's already happening in fact. There's a game already out there for your play style. It's called "Knights of the Old Republic".

Edited by Mynden

I would love a mmo without thorcrap and all the "hardcore" spoilers

of course I can do without going there and check it but if everybody else do check them and i am the only stupid one that doesn't and when i ask in game instead of try to find solution togheter they get pissed off and send me to a link

hardcore are distroing everything that WAS fun in an MMO and not only they ruin all and complain complain complain complain complain complain

world of MMO would be much much healthier and much much more fun WITHOUT THOSE ***

Edited by Pekish

A fair point, but there's not just one type of content the term 'Content' can apply to, either.

Obviously, some folks want the kind they can just put on farm and rewind. Some hate doing the same thing twice. Some want challenge in a very specific way, whereas yet others don't want any challenge at all and, maybe entirely literally, want entertainment pretty much handed to them.

Trouble is, who's 'right'? In terms of game longevity, whatever serves the most people best is right...but what, exactly, would that be?

Maybe if we could get some ideas and constructive discussion going on, we might throw some idea-sparks out there for someone to maybe, possibly care about upstairs.

Otherwise, this thread's pretty much distilling into two general parties throwing dead cats at eachother over imaginary fences.

of course I can do without going there and check it but if everybody else do check them and i am the only stupid one that doesn't and when i ask in game instead of try to find solution togheter they get pissed off and send me to a link

hardcore are distroing everything that WAS fun in an MMO and not only they ruin all and complain complain complain complain complain complain

world of MMO would be much much healthier and much much more fun WITHOUT THOSE ***

Bro, if you think these games are hardcore compared to the past I dont know what to tell you. It's not even close. It's not hardcore people wrecking mmo's. Wow is losing subs, swtor can't hold onto them etc and so on.

A fair point, but there's not just one type of content the term 'Content' can apply to, either.

Obviously, some folks want the kind they can just put on farm and rewind. Some hate doing the same thing twice. Some want challenge in a very specific way, whereas yet others don't want any challenge at all and, maybe entirely literally, want entertainment pretty much handed to them.

Trouble is, who's 'right'? In terms of game longevity, whatever serves the most people best is right...but what, exactly, would that be?

Maybe if we could get some ideas and constructive discussion going on, we might throw some idea-sparks out there for someone to maybe, possibly care about upstairs.

Otherwise, this thread's pretty much distilling into two general parties throwing dead cats at eachother over imaginary fences.

I sort of agree, but I don't. If the majority want it handed to them, and a big chunk unsub once they are done....was that really the right call?

Wrong Wrong Wrong on all accounts.

And I'm not one to harp on spelling and whatnot, but really?

Edited by OldBenSmokin

Have fun with your empty servers because no one cares to play the same stuff for months on end with no goals. Thats what "your game" is going to lead to. It's already happening in fact.

I don't think so. This game is far from dead, and I'd rather have a less full server full of people that appreciate the game, than a server full of jerks who just wave ePeens around all day.

The days of 'casuals' and average players being in servitude to raiders is over.

We don't need you guys, not here, not this time.

I actually enjoy the /1 general chat for once. We can have real discussions about a variety of topics and lore, we help one another with flashpoints and heroics. It's finally good to see some real human behavior in an MMO, free from the chest thumping gear rage that most MMO chat channels produce.

Edited by JediElf

I'm really happy with the changes they are making first off i'm a pvper and pver i like how easy the raids are i can play a few hours one night with a bunch of random people and clear hard modes easy. Then on top of that on the other days i only get to play a few hours i can get the best pvp gear in the game as well with the new bag changes i found it extremely easy to gear my main and my alt in full champ. And now with the metal change coming next patch ill be able to get battle master in no time on both of my character. I think more games need to be like swtor i don't get much time to play this game maybe like 10 hours a week but i can still manage to be on par with the people that play 40+ hours thanks to bioware.

QFT

Would be a mmo dream come true

I sort of agree, but I don't. If the majority want it handed to them, and a big chunk unsub once they are done....was that really the right call?

I said whatever serves the most people best. That isn't necessarily by giving them what they think they want.

Gotta be smarter than the animal to train the animal, or the animal winds up training you, and all that.

Have fun with your empty servers because no one cares to play the same stuff for months on end with no goals. Thats what "your game" is going to lead to. It's already happening in fact. There's a game already out there for your play style. It's called "Knights of the Old Republic".

Yes, it's already happening; some hardcore players are leaving, because this game isn't centered around them, and some of them think games HAVE to center around the hardcore, or they'll inexorably fail. This beief isn't unusual or surprising. Guilds full of hardcore players will tend to come and go together, and from their perspective, "everyone" is leaving. This isn't however true at all - just a selection bias at work.

So you're telling me you'd enjoy running Black Talon or Esseles over and over for 3 months because it's pretty? Go on.....

My point is, you need both. I'm not saying I'd fight a white room full of white blocks if it was hard. But at the same time running the same stuff over and over that you cleared months ago isnt compelling either

Actually I really like running BT & Esseles and people type in chat "SPACEBAR MOAR!!!" I don't and say "Well I'm hitting spacebar."

I said whatever serves the most people best. That isn't necessarily by giving them what they think they want.

Gotta be smarter than the animal to train the animal, or the animal winds up training you, and all that.

I do agree, and that's what I've been saying. People may not think so in their minds, but the mountain is what keeps you coming back for more. The trick is to not make it a treadmill that people give up on. But going too far the other way is just as bad.