Operative/scoundrel not OP? give me a break

XxPetexX

Did some friendly dueling against an Imp operative in Ilum tonight through the magic of cross faction chat:P

We were both equally geared some champ, rest centurion gear....

HOW can anyone say that his class isn't OP?

SERIOUSLY, he even admitted it himself that it was quite absurd that he could knock me down, stun me and by the time I can throw ONE attack back at him I'm down to maybe 30% hp, sometimes less....

If he used something he called pre-probing which apparently was a long CD I was lucky to be at 10% before I could start hitting back....

It's absolutely absurd how ANYONE can say this class is not OP.

I don't care how vulnerable they are once out in the open.

NO CLASS should be able to do that much damage before you can retaliate.

The fact that he can, after his initial carnage, once you DO start to fight back RE-STEALTH is seriously messed up.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some friendly dueling against an Imp operative in Ilum tonight through the magic of cross faction chat:P

We were both equally geared some champ, rest centurion gear....

HOW can anyone say that his class isn't OP?

SERIOUSLY, he even admitted it himself that it was quite absurd that he could knock me down, stun me and by the time I can throw ONE attack back at him I'm down to maybe 30% hp, sometimes less....

If he used something he called pre-probing which apparently was a long CD I was lucky to be at 10% before I could start hitting back....

It's absolutely absurd how ANYONE can say this class is not OP.

I don't care how vulnerable they are once out in the open.

NO CLASS should be able to do that much damage before you can retaliate.

The fact that he can, after his initial carnage, once you DO start to fight back RE-STEALTH is seriously messed up.

From your other posts it looks like you are a sentinel...

Now there might be some broken stuff in this game, like roots on hybrid sorc/sage knockback working through full resolve...

But...we are pretty much one of the best one on one classes in the game. Pop saber ward. Pop rebuke. Win.

The only way the op/scoundrel can win is blow every single cooldown and CC/not attack you during rebuke. If he attacks you while rebuke is on or dots you? It is a loss for him.

So let me put it this way...

9 times out of 10 in a warzone you are going to kick the crap out of him, because people are going to dot you during rebuke, break his perfect CC and two openers (he only has this with LONG cooldowns). He has a very slight advantage in a one on one IF he knows what he is doing. He needs to blow all cooldowns to do it.

One on one is all that class has left. If you want a class that has no skill try commando/sage. Sent just isn't for you. Ops/scoundrels are perhaps the WORST warzone class in the game right now. Any further nerfs would simply be insane.

In short? Your friend is a much better player then you...

Edited by biowareftw

you're a sentinel ffs, trinket second stun, pop defensive cooldowns (so he wastes his burst), dot him so he cant stealth, then destroy him

if you can't beat an operative as a sentinel you need to l2p

Edited by Evuke

The knockdown takes time to recover from and even is you aren't incapacitated for long the damage per second that he dishes out in that iem is NO WAY you can match. not by a long shot.

Everything after an Operative attacks is about recovering, you must start uber-dpsing to get back on equal terma.... but what happens when you do?

re-stealth. he'll wait your offensive cds and shields out and come back

-game is not balenced 1 vs 1

-if you get to open on a Operative/scoundrel he has bad chances

-2 vs 2,the team without a Operative/scoundrel will win

-1 vs 1 they can be strong,but there are even far better 1 vs 1 classes(mara some tanks etc)

atm in team combat Operative/scoundrel brings nearly nothing to the team for a warzone

everything he can, theres a class which can do it better in team combat

The knockdown takes time to recover from and even is you aren't incapacitated for long the damage per second that he dishes out in that iem is NO WAY you can match. not by a long shot.

Everything after an Operative attacks is about recovering, you must start uber-dpsing to get back on equal terma.... but what happens when you do?

re-stealth. he'll wait your offensive cds and shields out and come back

Dude. Just roll a sage/commando. Please...

You are prob one of the same idiots asking for an easier rotation on our class in the sentinel forum.

BTW You are prob so bad? You couldn't kite him on a sage. So better yet? Just go play WoW and by WoW I mean this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWRHfKM-nqo

I think you could do well in that game.

FYI Warrior classes suck before they are completely geared. Burst classes excel in bad gear. See every MMO ever made as proof.

-game is not balenced 1 vs 1

-if you get to open on a Operative/scoundrel he has bad chances

-2 vs 2,the team without a Operative/scoundrel will win

-1 vs 1 they can be strong,but there are even far better 1 vs 1 classes(mara some tanks etc)

atm in team combat Operative/scoundrel brings nearly nothing to the team for a warzone

everything he can, theres a class which can do it better in team combat

Exactly. The only scoundrels I would bring to a rated warzones are good friends or exceptional players. They got overnerfed if anything.

Hell I haven't seen a dps operative in a warzone since the last surge nerf. They all quit/rerolled sorc and I really can't blame them lol.

Operatives are still a top tier 1v1 class. A smart op with proper use of CDs can win most 1v1s with similar gear.

The problem is lack of utility in group settings and how easy it is to peel an op off its target.

Until a 1v1 arena is introduced who gives a **** if one class is slightly stronger then another in this situation?

This 1v1 matchup favours the Marauder/Sentinel 7-3 IMO.

i know, coming on here whining about this is like mike tyson coming on a forum when he lost a fight to donald trump asking for donald trump to be nerfed.

it's kinda embarrassing

Edited by Evuke

This 1v1 matchup favours the Marauder/Sentinel 7-3 IMO.

Nah. CC rebuke and you can win. But...it is still a pain to beat them and it still should be a VERY close fight. It requires you blowing every single cooldown, restealth and yeah...

It is never going to happen in a warzone lol.

Add to that whoever has better gear will prob come out on top, because it IS so close a fight when played well.

No class should be able to do that much damage in PvP in such short time. It's absolutely absurd.

I'm not the best player but I am fairly good. Operative is the ONLY class that I sinmply can't win against. Never happened. Came close a few times but never beaten an Operative.

The feeling after getting beat by an Operative is that there is nothing I could have done.

I can take on other classes just fine, sure I might lose sometimes but I always feel like I had a fighting chance.

Edited by XxPetexX

It's not this one guy. I get my *** handed to me by every Operative I fight. And it's because I am dead before I can move

Did you know that reaction times like yours can be classified as a mental handicap?

Go see a doctor, you can win benefits from that.

I queued up for a warzone once, an operative totally killed me in 1.5 seconds, it was legit, I swear, I totally felt bad and abused and wanted to cry out in frustration, they need to nerf this class, and scoundrel like 50% of their dps. No one should like kill that fast n stuff.

Because it happened.

Honest.

And don't tell me how to play, I totally know how to play, I are the bestest on my server, I regularly break 200k damage, and I always have less deaths than kills!

Sorcerers are a walk in the park (usually, ofc there are very skilled players who beat me). I know the deal with them. get in close, leg strike, go to town, interrupt, repeat til dead.

But Operatives... like I say you get jumped, wonder what the hell is going on, get back up, get stunned all the while getting attacked with uber dps, pop resolute and notice you have virtually no HP left.

You then pop rebuke and sabre ward and start wailing away and he vanishes.....

what you are left with when he comes back is guarded by the force and a 6 second window wo just NUKE him down....

I often get them to like 20-10% because theya re so squishy once you do get to wail on them.

But that head start they get and the vanish to wait out your cds is too much to recover from for me

Well if you'd like another nerf batton then why not just scrap operative sinse you want to take away their opener? I'm amazed you can't ruin his opener by either tab targeting him when he gets to close or just breaking the second stun.

It's concealment spec you have problems with so lets see... they have no charge, no sprint, no knock-back, if you DoT them they can't vanish properly and re-open, it takes skill to even set up an opener for them and you can even interrupt their only heal. All of the burst comes from acid blade's ArmorPen which doesn't last long so if you can CC them during the time they've popped that you're essentially safe to just batter away on them. If you have a DoT removal skill and take corrosive dart off you can also stunt their melee rotation but cancelling the proc chance of laceration. Level one solo and see how you get on if you like. I hope all of these downsides to the class can help you win one on one or find an advantage, if it doesn't roll PvE because you're struggling against something that isn't the best. x

Well if you'd like another nerf batton then why not just scrap operative sinse you want to take away their opener? I'm amazed you can't ruin his opener by either tab targeting him when he gets to close or just breaking the second stun.

It's concealment spec you have problems with so lets see... they have no charge, no sprint, no knock-back, if you DoT them they can't vanish properly and re-open, it takes skill to even set up an opener for them and you can even interrupt their only heal. All of the burst comes from acid blade's ArmorPen which doesn't last long so if you can CC them during the time they've popped that you're essentially safe to just batter away on them. If you have a DoT removal skill and take corrosive dart off you can also stunt their melee rotation but cancelling the proc chance of laceration. Level one solo and see how you get on if you like. I hope all of these downsides to the class can help you win one on one or find an advantage, if it doesn't roll PvE because you're struggling against something that isn't the best. x

It's the only class I struggle against, I can't figure that class out.

Even if I get beat by an assasin I can usually say that I gace him a run for his money. Or any other class for that matter.

But operatives are just a no-go.

I'm a fairly good player I'd say I'm slightly above averege. I know the mechanics of the game and I fairly fast with my key-bindings.

Usually top 4 damage dealer in WZ's etc....

But Operatives... I can't beat em

I'm not the best player but I am fairly good.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Ah guys that was so funny. This guy is a comedian.

Ah I always knew it... even after they nerfed the class right into the ground to be easily the worst PvP class by far... people still come complaining about the 1v1 burst. Rogues always make extremely bad people parade to forums complaining because hey.... they are fairly good (in their own mind) and they can't take it they are terrible.

Actually I beat any class 1v1. I don't see how you guys think marauders beat Op's.... I fight full BM geared Marauders all the time and I absolutely wreck them.... so bad in fact they do not even fight me anymore they just stealth away and they don't come back. But marauders are 10x the class Op's are in any other comparison... and 20x times more viable than Op's if they have a guard and pocket healer.

TC... go away. Your complaining about the worst class by far in both PvP and PvE. I know if I were you I probably would quit video games completely and never come back.

As a sent you can burn down any class 1v1 whether you get the opener or not. If Op doesn't get his opener from stealth (which is a pain in the ***) he's done. That's the compromise.

I do not understand your mentality. You even said yourself you nearly kill them. So you still want to win even when they have stacked the odds in their favour, and are performing their one talent they actually have. lol. Just lol.

Tone down their opener any more and you should just delete the class.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.