Will you still PVP after Daily Rewards are Removed Next Patch?

Icysunx

Daily rewards are not being removed.

Learn to read people. The new WZ comm conversion is in addition to the bags we already get from dailies.

They are just making it easier to gear up, and mitigating the RNG a little bit.

Screenshots of your "testing" would be great since you'd have to have a level 50 on PTS to test that.

Edited by Redmarx

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1000 / 1000 is WAY TOO HIGH.

Are you kidding me? Assuming an average of (50+90)/2 = 70 WZ comms per game, you'd need 1000 + 3(1000) = 4000 WZ comms, which amounts to 57.14 WZ games? ***?

But ofc, if it's just an extra thing it'd be ok... they'd better not remove the daily rewards.

Edited by ocping

I pvp alot

Dont like a resolve bar that doesnt work sometimes... but still..

If 1.2 comes out.. and whats been discussed does a backflip.. and it becomes harder for newer players to get pvp gear.. im quiting.. simple as that..

You can cry all you want about "ill never understand, long term goal" or whatever weird random reason your using, but simply.. pvp in this game requires gear..

If bags are removed im gone, my friends are gone.. we are watching the pvp patch notes thing closely..

Centurian should be simple to get..

Champ should almost be like trading in your Centurian to upgrade to Champ

BM should be the hardest of the lot.. but still to a regular pvper.. easy enough to get..

Everyone knows a BM will roflstomp a Cent geared player.. and take a little bit longer to stomp a champ geared player..

Iv never been fond of the currency system this game uses for the pvp gear.. its very bland and simple, there is next to know structure to it other than buying merc.

1000/1000 for 1 BM comm is reasonable price, I like the idea.

2 those complaining about grind:

1) As it was already stated, the dailies aren't removed.

2) You know nothing of grind. A lot of people already stopped playing since there was nothing left to farm for them.

Apparently people consider full Champ gear "trash" and being "under-geared." I wasn't aware of this fact until recently. BM gear is a minor upgrade to Champ gear, which is relatively easy to get (soon to be easier.) I don't seem to see the problem? If you can't beat someone in a 1v1 when you're in full Champ if they're in full BM then that's just them > you.

Apparently people consider full Champ gear "trash" and being "under-geared." I wasn't aware of this fact until recently. BM gear is a minor upgrade to Champ gear, which is relatively easy to get (soon to be easier.) I don't seem to see the problem? If you can't beat someone in a 1v1 when you're in full Champ if they're in full BM then that's just them > you.

This losers, read it.

I queue rnd and "stomp" lame bm´s with my cent/champ geared sentinel twink allthetime.

As countless others said:

- Bags and the quests are NOT removed

- This change doesn't happen in 1.1.5, but in 1.2

- BM gear is a MINOR upgrade to champion gear

With that change I'll PVP even MORE because losing will also give you rewards unlike now. Also they already said that there will be a lot of new objective-based medals, and more medals means more valor and more commendations.

Awesome changes coming.

This might be relevant if you couldnt reliably get almost an entire set of Champion gear within 7 days of being 50, and most assuredly within 14 days.

Champion gear being with 2.5% of BM gear, statwise, and, in general, itemized a LOT better.

He pretty much nailed it.

BM stats are awful compared to champion stats,

BM sniper gear has almost no power and is littered with surge and has less crit,

Atleast the 1.2 patch will allow us to swap mods.

Yeah this is so true.

So in other words there going to make it alot harder to get BM gear so all the already full BM Geared scrubs can keep on roflstomping the lower geared players... Bioware seriously needs to work on balancing this game. So far im half cent half champ gear and as a healer(merc) im having massive probs healing thru BM Geared players. Even in a 1v1. Resolve is just plain fkn BAD i.if u pvp trink is on cd u can pretty much be killed in 1 chained stun unless the guy is just bad. I didnt mind the current bag system except that stupid daily/weekly with armaments in illum, just tedious **** lol. Add more WZs and for cryin out loud make valor obtainable anywhere *** is the use of joining a pvp server when you can only gain **** from certain areas.

Champ gear and BM gear are basically the same thing plus a few single digit stat increases.

Some of the items are actually worse itemized than champ gear.

You can always tell the people using gear as a crutch for why they lost, because they make outrageous claims that are completely dissociated from reality. If you had ever actually looked at a piece of BM gear, you'd know it's a slight upgrade, and the expertise gain on it is negligible. You're better off getting a few pieces of Rakata gear to go with your champ.

The Ilum daily/weekly quests aren't bad to complete if you communicate with other players on your server and set up some resistance at predetermined times.

He pretty much nailed it.

BM stats are awful compared to champion stats,

BM sniper gear has almost no power and is littered with surge and has less crit,

Atleast the 1.2 patch will allow us to swap mods.

you already can.

you just cant pull out the armoring, which, for the PvP gear, is what y ou're after anyway - that's what has the expertise on it.

All of my Sniper's PvP gear has replaced the mods with the End/Cunning/High Power mod and all of the enhancement are replaced with the high endurance/crit/surge enhancement - which puts me at the surge softcap and 42% crit.

If you're using PvP gear with the default mods (even Champ gear, which, while being better itemized than BM gear, is still poor) and enhancements, youre doing it wrong.

Yeah if these are the finalized prices. When this goes live it will be the end of my subscription. I dont like the way the game updates have been going and this is just more of the same. Turning everything into massive grinds and hindering the people who started a new class or didnt join the game prelaunch.

Careful bioware.. you are treading on the paying customer with your failures.

Yeah if these are the finalized prices. When this goes live it will be the end of my subscription. I dont like the way the game updates have been going and this is just more of the same. Turning everything into massive grinds and hindering the people who started a new class or didnt join the game prelaunch.

Careful bioware.. you are treading on the paying customer with your failures.

Every change they've made has made it easier for people to get gear and lessened the grind. Every change was to make sure that they DON'T hinder people who start late or play casual.

You must have never had a clue how this system worked to begin with if you think that's what they're doing.

It's almost scary. No wonder there's so much outrage on the forum, everyone is misinformed and working on half baked assumptions.

Bioware is removing the bag system in 1.1.5 and replacing it with a commendation system when the next patch hits, these notes are not in the patch notes as of yet but are currently on the PTR.

For BM gear it is 1000/1000 wz/merc per BM Commendation not piece of gear

For Champion Gear it is 125 wz per Champion Commendation

There are no longer any bags that drop from the dailies or weeklies, based on my testing.

Of course I'll still PvP. It will be less boring than the PvE dailies... probably.

My solution would likely be to have a flat valor cap before you can obtain the gear and then limit it to the same price as the current champion bags at 200/200. 1000/1000 seems extremely high but who knows I figure I will continue playing and see how 1.2 turns out

Patch 1.2 is the make or break patch. If BW can't fix many of the incidious problems with the basic game design, they will lose a large percentage of their customer base, and quickly.

I'm just say in general if mmorpg companies idea of keeping customers is by making long grinds in pvp without making them fun, then I don't see many people bothering with pvp grinding. I certainly won't grind 120 games just for one piece of gear cause BW wants to prolong the grind to keep people paying the subs longer.

Couldn't say it better..