Why the Darkside Vastly more powerful than The Light

LordOfMassacre

Absolutely agree.

Next, ask him the names of the Solo children... see if he knows; he hasn't had complete control of Star Wars since ESB... and over 90 percent of the lore that exists and are canon he had nothing to do with it, all he cares about is the bottomline, money, don't put credibility on someone who would change the entire history of Star Wars if he knew he would make an extra buck revising the series time and again

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he originally created the universe, and he has a general say in what people put in the canon. What he says goes. Just the facts. And honestly he always made each of the movies in which the Jedi win in each movie except 2 and 3 but that was to tie in the original trilogy. Edited by TJBartlemus

Oh, yeah, Sith are WAY smarter. After they get completely wiped out by the Jedi at the Battle of Ruusan except for one half-trained apprentice, they go into hiding for a thousand years, finally take their revenge on the Jedi slaughtering all but two of them, and somehow letting these two live for twenty years without even tracking them down. And they're duped into letting the children of the most powerful Force-Sensitive ever to roam free. And they establish their dream of a galaxy spanning Empire. . . and it lasts twenty-five years.

TWENTY-FIVE YEARS. The Sith spent a thousand years honing themselves into the perfect example of their Order, Darth Sidious, and he can only keep the ball going for TWENTY-FIVE YEARS.

Once more, Sith Epic Fail.

I don't remember the Jedi or Republic ruling the entire known galaxy.

But he originally created the universe, and he has a general say in what people put in the canon. What he says goes. Just the facts.

He also once said Luke was originally supposed to be a 60 year old general and Han Solo was a reptile, till someone told him that was a bad idea

Edited by Darth_Malevolent

That's probably because Jedi don't seek to rule anything and the Republic gave every planet a right of refusal when offering to join them. The Republic COULD have invaded planets who didn't want to join them and bombarded them until they did, but, y'know, that would've been against the very ideas upon which the Republic is built.

So your comparison isn't exactly a valid one.

He also once said Luke was originally supposed to be a 60 year old general and Han Solo was a reptile, till someone told him that was a bad idea

I believe that was when he was making the series in the first place, and back then he had no idea where the series was going. Well he had a general idea but nothing solid. Now he has about 35 years of the series behind him, so I think he knows what he wants to do for it.

Edited by TJBartlemus

I believe that was when he was making the series in the first place, and back then he had no idea where the series was going. Well he had a general idea but nothing solid. Now he has about 35 years of the series behind him, so I think he knows what he wants to do for the series.

He revised the series over 3 times..... I don't think he even knew what he wanted, 35 years later is the senile George Lucas who directs movies in the comfort of a lawn chair watching monitors and drinking coffee in his flannel shirt, 35 years ago was the visionary George Lucas, a man who once said, "Special effect is a tool, used to tell a story; Directors make the mistake of using them as an "ins" themselves.".... That George Lucas would slap Senile George Lucas

Edited by Darth_Malevolent

You just took a wild guess, didn't you?

Who's the most powerful force user to live?

.. Luuuuuuke Skywalker, A light side user.

As I said: Light side practitioners TEND to be weaker, there are expetions of course!

As I said: Light side practitioners TEND to be weaker, there are expetions of course!

EU writers are like Spades players, they'll keep trying trump one another until the game is over.

Luke's rise to power and ability is inconsistent and not believable comparitive to his skill level shown at the end of ROTJ. And EU writers, just to trump one another would continue making him more and more powerful till one just gives up and says, he can control space and time. Like Timothy Zahn, all the writers want to be remembered doing something memorable in the series, and giving Luke more and more powers he'd obviously be unable to get in that amount of time seems like the easiest yet sappiest way.

Your comparing the Galactic Empire to the Republic, not the Sith to the Jedi

Besides, the Chancellor leads the Republic assisted by a Senate, almost always not a Jedi except for one instance

Your comparing governments, not orders

The whole point of the Sith was to rule the galaxy.

They only came close to succeeding with Palpating, and that ended up failing miserably in the shortest-lived Sith Empire in history.

The whole premise of what they are about falls apart.

Sith Fail.

They only came close to succeeding with Palpating, and that ended up failing miserably in the shortest-lived Sith Empire in history.

Sith Fail.

No...The original Sith in the movies( est 2000 years BBY) Ruled the galaxy for a VERY long time according to Lucas.

You are deceived Jedi, watch as the Dark Side consumes and breaks your pitiful republic and order. There is only the Dark Side, worship the Rightful rulers of the Galaxy

Now watch as the Siths return marks the destruction of your beloved republic the Might of a Sithlord Nearly wipes Satela shan and Slaughters her Master showing the True Power of the Dark Side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaZQmlhnWkc

Better yet, watch as the greatest champion of the Light namely Master Yoda is soundly defeated by the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, and the JEDI ARE NO MORE... Only the laughter of the Sith remains

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFEjcvIRMDo

But let us end with One of the Greatest Sith lords and perhaps the strongest,

"The extent of his power cannot be put into words… and his perceptions have grown as well. To him…"

"You are dust motes in a storm… a grain upon the beach… and as insignificant as a body that orbits the graveyard of Malachor."

Lord Nihilus, Devourer of Worlds and Eater of planets, Jedi are mere food for This One.

Tremble to the FULL POWER OF THE DARK SIDE

Sith Fail.

My whole point is Sith vs Jedi, Sith always wins unless the Jedi calls on the Dark side of the force to save his sorry behind.

Jedi even fail at their mantra, "There is no Ignorance, there is knowledge" when they refuse to learn ALL aspects of the force. A goal that the Sith show no scrutiny over, making them more knowledgeable in all aspects of the force, thusly more powerful. So not only are Jedi weak, they're hypocrits.

And even in their Mantra, "There is no death, there is the force" shows, they had already given up. Only ppl who prepare for death are the losers, the winners step on their throats, and those winners are the Sith. Thing is, they get so bored killing pathetic Jedi that they have to fight themselves to get some sort of challenge

Right, for all of Palpatines power he FAILED.

By destroying YOUR ENTIRE MUTHA FRACKIN JEDI ORDER.

Yes he truly failed.

No,

Just No,

You have been deceived as Our Powers Over the Dark Side have Blinded you...

No, you were DECEIVED, and NOW your Republic SHALL FALL.

And Yes this thread is about Sheer power, not who kisses more babies, in that regard the Dark Side of the Force is vastly more powerful.

One Sith Lord = 3 Jedi Masters at least.

If you deny such truth, well then you have simply been deceived by The Power of The Dark Side of the Force.

By the way 2+ Jedi and a whole team vs one Sith Lord to achived victory doesnt show power on the part of the Jedi if anything it shows their weakness.

The Sith Lords are power in its Highest Form.

Firstly, I've not read all of this, and second, I'm not that up on the EU, especially about the Sith, but...

As per my understanding, the Dark Side is more powerful, but is more uncontrollable. It speaks of emotion, in the heat of anger, emotion can rule and win out, making irrational decisions and even mistakes.

If the force can be controlled, so you rule it, not it rule you, the Light Side is a better power to have.

IMHO.

Perhaps,,,

1) dark side has subconsciously been implanted as cool by the community, media and developers.

2) Over the years of gaming i have noticed that evil characters have slowly grown in popularity. whether its Emo related or just its cool to be different and play the underdog. The funny thing is that its now on the verge of turning a corner. Now the good side is seen to be the underdog. The balance will always shift and take turns.

maybe.... opinion is never fact

Evil is often portrayed as more powerful so that the triumph of Good is more triumphant. In history a defeated enemy is often portrayed as powerful, strong, intelligent so that the victor must be really powerful, strong and intelligent to have defeated him.

It is a story telling thing.

Perhaps the Dark Side is more powerful in that it has a higher dps and more damaging attacks. I don't know. Never got round to comparing all the powers. Offhand I'd wouldn't say that the Dark Side does more dps or has more damaging attacks.

One thing that makes the Dark Side weak is that it turns on itself. Not only in the sense that the Dark Side consumes a user. But also that if you have more than one Dark Side user then one will turn on the other at some point. They're worse than royal families. Light Side users don't turn on one another, but work together. Which is why light always triumphs in the end.

It is because of the nature of sentient life that the Dark Side always returns.

You're wrong, and been proven wrong already once in a different thread.

Everything you say is clearly bias because you like the Dark Side for some reason. Nothing you say actually matches up with the EU Lore.

In the end, no matter how you try and spin it, the light side won. The Emperor and Vader both failed and Luke saved the Galaxy... How exactly can the dark side be stronger if it keeps losing every single time?

Every Sith Empire in the lore has fallen at one point or another, yet the Republic keeps going and going, every time the Sith rise to power the light side Jedi beat them back down again.

Finally George Lucas himself has said that the Dark Side is not stronger, so that's pretty much the end of the debate right there.

Luke would of died if it wasn't for Vader killing the Emperor.

Back to the topic...

To me the dark side of the force just allows total freedom. But that freedom, ironically ends up corrupting its user.

Edited by stineo