Huttball is going to make me quit this game if something doesn't change

Cataphractone

I love Voidstar and Civil War.

I like small battles where it is just about PvP and CC. Mobility doesn't mean you are a god in these two Warzones.

And then there is huttball. Damage and CC mean nearly nothing in Huttball. It is all about mobility, and certain classes have none.

Something needs to happen to the Warzone, or give the classes some mobility.

And like I said, I love the other two.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which classes have none?

I'd say the worst is probably trooper/bh classes, though I haven't actually played one yet, but even they get some useful moves. Maybe sniper actually; i'd hate to be a sniper in huttball. It definitely favours inquisitor/consular classes and warrior/knight classes, i'll grant you.

Try playing an operative. Melee class with no gap closer.

Personally I love being an OP in huttball.

I stealth behind their lines, they pass it to me.

I stealth onto their bridge, our tank jumps to me.

I stunlock their ball carrier over the fire.

And the best one, they pass it to a player on the bridge, I make them faceplant off of the bridge and intercept the pass. That's only happened twice I believe, but all and all it's fun.

Can I run headfirst into their group? No.

Is there something to be accomplished in Huttball? Yes

Every class has an important role they can play in Huttball. You just need to figure yours out, apparently.

Mine is to kill people until they charge to another level.

Or to get knocked off a catwalk, get stuck in combat, and have to run around while getting shot from 3 levels up.

Or to see a sorcerer sprint past the fire and have to wait for it to go down so I don't take 50% of my hp in damage before I got out.

I am a battlemaster geared Operative that can average 7-10 medals a game. Damage and kills do not win huttball.

Every class has an important role they can play in Huttball. You just need to figure yours out, apparently.

You're absolutely right, as a sniper I try to act as a speed bump for the other team to buy my runner an extra 3 or 4 seconds. I pray one of them trips over my dead body.

Sniper can kill stuff fine, but the LoS in Huttball makes me want to hurt kittens.

Personally I love being an OP in huttball.

I stealth behind their lines, they pass it to me.

I stealth onto their bridge, our tank jumps to me.

I stunlock their ball carrier over the fire.

And the best one, they pass it to a player on the bridge, I make them faceplant off of the bridge and intercept the pass. That's only happened twice I believe, but all and all it's fun.

Can I run headfirst into their group? No.

Is there something to be accomplished in Huttball? Yes

So making your team fight with 7 people while you stealth around on the other end of the arena is a role you want to do?

Seems like another class can do that just as well as you, and brings more utility to the group.

Sounds like poor design rather than Operatives having a role in huttball.

Or to get knocked off a catwalk, get stuck in combat, and have to run around while getting shot from 3 levels up.

Or to see a sorcerer sprint past the fire and have to wait for it to go down so I don't take 50% of my hp in damage before I got out.

I am a battlemaster geared Operative that can average 7-10 medals a game. Damage and kills do not win huttball.

team game buddy....unless your stun locking someone on fire u should focus on staying grounded, let your teammates handle the ball once it gets to a certain point, and focus your attention to slowing reinforcements and ganking people trying to get back to helping there team.

anytime you can hold up a healer or two from getting back on offense you are trading 1 dps for 1-2 healers in the grand scheme of things

Edited by Vegathegreat

team game buddy....unless your stun locking someone on fire u should focus on staying grounded, let your teammates handle the ball once it gets to a certain point, and focus your attention to slowing reinforcements and ganking people trying to get back to helping there team.

anytime you can hold up a healer or two from getting back on offense you are trading 1 dps for 1-2 healers in the grand scheme of things

It is a team game where a number of classes do everything I can do better.

So why would anyone want me on the team?

There is no reason for a Operative to be on a rated Warzone team as long as huttball is in rotation. Assassin's can do just as much damage as us and have more utility.

And Mercs and Sages can heal better than us while bringing more utility.

I actually like Huttball on my Operative compared to the other 2 warzones (since the others are garbage because the objectives are just so easy to defend, thanks DoTs, short rez timers, and close rez locations). However, I am either full medic or hybrid medic/lethality so can be effective at my job from range.

But I will say I have even more fun in Huttball on my PT because pull and charge on the same class is so OP in hutball.

I like Huttball the most and play a concealment operative.

On the offense, it is about providing the ballcarrier extra options. And in a pinch squeez in some heals when he is on the final meters to the goalline. Or Flashbang all the guys at the other side of the grill who are waiting for the ballcarrier to make a desperate rush.

In a stalemale, an orbital strike will get movement into the line.

I stay in proximity to the ballcarrier group. On the offense I usually try to move ahead and unstealth when the Ballcarrier has to wait at the grill to provide him with more options. Or I help carving a path into defenders. If the teammate is a warrior even better, he can leap to me.

In defense I can make things a lot harder for the enemy healers. Healers love to heal steady damage. If I spike the maintarget or attack the healers themselves they are under stress which is very detrimental for their healing.

perhaps you just dont understand your role in the game...

there has been MANY a time where a single operative has kept my team from getting the ball, scoring, etc.

as an operative, your job is to run defense. I fail to understand how an operative can say they have no "gap closer". you're fricken INVISIBLE ffs... all you hafta do is walk up to someone. its not like we can see ya comin.

Im waiting for ball? stun me and take it yourself when it pops (im marauder btw)

im about to score with the ball? stun me and take it from me while im wallowing on the floor

If you are playing an operative and trying to score, your doin it wrong. You need to keep others from getting the ball outta mid, grab the ball urself, and PASS it to the person waiting on the ledges for you.

If i had a credit for every time ive seen an operative get the ball outta mid, and run for that !@#$@#$%$# vent, only to get flung up in the air to the enemy side, killed, and taken in for a score... id be riiiiiiiiiiich!

Operatives are amazing in huttball.. u juz gotta know what ur doin really..

Then do not focus on damage and kills. I am usually middle of the pack in damage and kills, but try more to help out the team. Focus on picking off healers, attacking the ball carrier, waiting for passes. I'm not doing as much damage as I could be attacking people nowhere near the objectives, but I help the team win.

If i had a credit for every time ive seen an operative get the ball outta mid, and run for that !@#$@#$%$# vent, only to get flung up in the air to the enemy side, killed, and taken in for a score... id be riiiiiiiiiiich!

I agree, although that problem is not just with Operatives. I don't get why people love the vents when a pass is so much better.

I gotta disagree. While the field naturally favors some classes/builds, I have seen everyone play a useful role. "IF" the team plays like a team with common goal to score the ball. Damage and CC definitely matter.

Also, I'd say it's safe to presume there will be future huttball fields with different layouts that may favor a class with LOS or mobility issues. You will also be able to choose war zones so people can just skip the ones they don't like.

In theory, I agree that an OP should not run the ball. In actual play, as a Sawbones, I end up taking the ball fairly often for several reasons.

First, I get the to the ball first even before the Jedi because they either don't run right away, don't jump the pit or somehow forget they have force speed. From there, I generally pass immediately.

Second, I heal the carrier while trying to position myself for the next pass. I often can get the ball on the lower ramp between the two firepits. From there, I have enough Healing, Escapes and CC to score the ball. (A pug the other day yelled at me for running ahead!)

Third, I can pass. Even if I get knocked off a ledge, I can still pass to my team that knows I will pass and ran to the ledge in the end zone.

Fourth, with a good team, after scoring, I will Disappear in the end zone. They will run the ball through the pit and toss it to me for another quick score.

I am envious at times of the mobility of some other classes at times. But I do alright in Hutball.