0% Drop Rate in Champ Bags

Chrisbox

The drop is definitely not 0%. After the patch I was saving up my 123 champ commsfor the Vindicator Lightsaber. Right after I reached 123 and bought my LS, the next champion bag dropped an Unassembled Main Hand Weapon. So that got my the War Leader Lightsaber also.

The drop rate is still there, just hope you don't get really unlucky and get the duplicate drop for the most expensive champion item like I did.

Overall I still like getting items from champ commendations rather than a RNG drop that if it even occurs can be utterly useless.

The champ bag system is good. VERY GOOD.

Not being sarcastic, the current system is what we demanded and how it should be. Tokens should be considered as a bonus.

I've gotten 1 in 30...if I had to guess its at 5%...but I've been able to get my gear with the Comms.

Should be getting 1 in about 20 bags

thats my experience so far

To get 20 bags you will need:

12000 warzone coms, to buy the needed merc coms

4000 warzone coms, needed to buy the bags after you have enough merc coms

TOTAL=16000 warzone coms

600 warzone coms = 200 merc coms

1 champ bag = 200/200 merc/warzone com

each game is around 15mins, not including the loading time to the game, and the 2mins of waiting before the game starts.

so 17-20mins per game (unless its huttball with a team that will score 6 times in a few mins)

(these hours are scaled on 15min games, not including the loading times and the waiting time, and assuming the huttballs last 15mins)

wins = 90ish warzone coms (360 warzone coms per hour)

- every 45 hours of pvp, you will get 20 bags

loss = 50ish warzone coms (200 warzone coms per hour)

- every 80 hours of pvp, you will get 20 bags

If you played 24/7 without a break, this is what you would get

Edited by AwKwarrd

I just did some approximation math to figure out how many more warzones I will need to get a full Champion set via 200/200 bags.

I currently have my main hand and 150 comms saved up. I am looking at approx 600 more warzones in order to get enough comms in order to go full champ.

Just for the fun of it, I tried to figure out what that will be in Valor and it turns out, the total value of valor gained would be worth going from 0 to 60. Starting from scratch at lvl 50 entering your first warzone, you will be in the area of rank 64 by the time you have enough comms via Champion bags to get a Champion set.

It literally takes that long to get a Champ set now, it is BY FAR faster and much less stressful to get even the best endgame items which in PvP, turns out to be fairly on par due to the health and stat increases.

0/40 I'm not sure if I'll get a token before I start leveling another character to gear out of frustration from glitched abilities.

Anyways, I don't loathe pvp at 50 now that I've been able to get full centurion and some champ pieces.

*edit* I considered getting endgame PvE gear before doing any warzones at 50 on my next character I PvP with... might make getting the gear more enjoyable.

Edited by Kuraikoto

well then you wont like knowing that the Rakata pieces.. are better in pvp

you only need 9% exp, well 9.50%, anything over 10% is a nerf unfortunately.

where is Rakata has no exp.. and gives you more stats..

tanks in general who run full rakata in pvp are almost unkillable, like 22k+ hp

Not sure where I'm at but I'm almost full Champ and haven't had a single drop. My guess is somewhere around 75 bags and nothing.

Now that I'm almost there it doesn't bother me but it is a messed up system that some have to work alot harder than others.

It is 107 Champion bags with no tokens to get a full set of gear. At an average of 7 medals per warzone, you are looking at somewhere in the range of 900-950 warzones to get those bags via 200/200 alone.

I currently average about 6 medals across all warzones and 1300 valor per win (my original approximation math was wrong, you will be able to rank from 0 to about 66 before you get a full set of Champion). Being rank 54 right now, I'm looking at rank 70 or 71 before I get enough comms to get a full set of champion gear with factoring in 15 per BM bag.

Either the drop rate of the tokens needs to be increased, cost of items reduced, or increase in Warzone comms for each one.

If you want the PvP gear, you have no other choice at this point other then doing both warzone and Ilum dailys every single day for over a month straight.

I just did some approximation math to figure out how many more warzones I will need to get a full Champion set via 200/200 bags.

I currently have my main hand and 150 comms saved up. I am looking at approx 600 more warzones in order to get enough comms in order to go full champ.

Just for the fun of it, I tried to figure out what that will be in Valor and it turns out, the total value of valor gained would be worth going from 0 to 60. Starting from scratch at lvl 50 entering your first warzone, you will be in the area of rank 64 by the time you have enough comms via Champion bags to get a Champion set.

It literally takes that long to get a Champ set now, it is BY FAR faster and much less stressful to get even the best endgame items which in PvP, turns out to be fairly on par due to the health and stat increases.

You apparently dont take the daily or weekly quests which will give you 20 more bags a week - 140 more champ commendations (2 pieces of gear) - completely separate from any bags you buy with commendations.

Bad math is bad.

If you want the PvP gear, you have no other choice at this point other then doing both warzone and Ilum dailys every single day for over a month straight.

A whole entire month (of 30-60min/day or less) for gear that will be current for six+ months?! HOLY CRAP THE AGONY.

Its one massive grind fest..

and your looking at months of it.. maybe depending on if you win or not.

and then they will add new gear where you need rank 70 valor..

and so on.. and up and up..

meanwhile 10% expertise is softcap and anything over it and your nerfed.. and will need to substitute rakata gear for pvp gear... even tho yer pvping...

srsly flawed

Its one massive grind fest..

and your looking at months of it.. maybe depending on if you win or not.

and then they will add new gear where you need rank 70 valor..

and so on.. and up and up..

meanwhile 10% expertise is softcap and anything over it and your nerfed.. and will need to substitute rakata gear for pvp gear... even tho yer pvping...

srsly flawed

The (ignorant) assumption that you should somehow be able to ignore any aspect of the game you dont like and still be entitled to do exactly as well as someone who plays all aspects of the game is..

really, really tired.

My drop rate before the patch was horrendous, so I haven't noticed a change in frequency. But since we get more than just 3 cent coms now per bag I have been able to get all of my Champ gear with plenty of cent coms to buy gear for my companions.

I like the new system as it is.

The (ignorant) assumption that you should somehow be able to ignore any aspect of the game you dont like and still be entitled to do exactly as well as someone who plays all aspects of the game is..

really, really tired.

Im sorry, do you think we should be needing pve gear in pvp?

Do you think that PVE and PVP should be used together?

Like PVE with PVP gear?

and PVP with PVE gear?

Not entirely sure what your trying to point out.

You think that someone full Rakata should be able to top the scoreboard in pvp with 0% exp?

or

You think people should be doing endgame hardmodes in full Battlemaster?