Darth Jadus.. Miserable..

Rockflint

I am getting completely owned in this fight and need some feedback for a healing operative. I read that this fight is bugged for healers = I could not target Jadus from range or heal my companion on the platform.

I understand you have to interupt the spell, but I can't figure out how to turn on a cast bar so I can know when to do it. I also have never played a pet class, so I am also stuggling to get my companion to attack Jadus after I pull him down from the platform.

Kayllo was pretty horrible against a spell casting melee opponent, so I switched to Vector. He is also getting stomped pretty hard.. I picked up some gear for Vector, but missing one interupt is game over.

I am using the computers to break line of sight, but that seems to also make it difficult to do anything offensive.

Any advice other than "Bring a level 50 to help" would be greatly appreciated.. This fight is the worst MMO experience I have had. The previous 34 levels should have trained me to do this fight, but the skills that seem to be required were not necessary up until this fight. It is very frustrating.

Edited by Rockflint
Spoiler..

1) Wow, Bro, spoilers. Gotta give the alert for that stuff.

2) I did it as a Medic Op, first try. Kaliyo does fine, you've just gotta keep her up. Make sure you have health kits, interrupt consistently, and don't be afraid to toss a poison dart or rifle shot every so often. Stay close enough to see when he's casting, and if you can't see it then there's something wrong with your settings so look through your interface options.

I will say, though, that this was the hardest fight I've had to solo in PvE. It's worth the time you put in to get it right.

2) I did it as a Medic Op, first try. Kaliyo does fine, you've just gotta keep her up. Make sure you have health kits, interrupt consistently, and don't be afraid to toss a poison dart or rifle shot every so often. Stay close enough to see when he's casting, and if you can't see it then there's something wrong with your settings so look through your interface options.

I will say, though, that this was the hardest fight I've had to solo in PvE. It's worth the time you put in to get it right.

1. Oops. I was so beat down last night from the fight that I didn't even think about a spoiler. It doesn't look like I can do anything about the subject, but I have edited the rest. to provide the alert.

2. Question: Does the game provide an option to see an enemy cast bar (aka, WoW)? If not, I guess you just have to look for the npc's animation?

3. My gear is between 62-72, with a few better pieces. If he gets that ugly spell off, my or companions health goes down below 5% of max.. There is no way I can recover from a hit like that before he gets a killing blow.

4. My internet connection is not the greatest.. This is not the first time I have had difficulty getting an interupt off.. I am wondering if lag is causing some of this difficulty.

I am not one to call buddies to help me if a quest is supposed to be solo-able -- or to cry that a green quest is too difficult. I have played MMO's for a few years.. This is one of the few fighs that I feel I am completely unprepared.

Something I have noticed - SWOR is much less forgiving on differences in level vs. difficulty. If the opponent is even two levels above my toon and a cut above the rabble (star difficulty), it can be very difficult to survive them.

Yup, as heals it was simple but took FOREVER. Fighting the same boss 3 times? Give me a break. I tried stacking on top of him and still couldn't "see target" many times. Whole fight must have been around 15minutes, no exaggeration. Hevans know it didn't help that I couldn't heal the companion most of the time also because I couldnt see her.

Ruined the whole story line so far.

There are some posts about this fight in the forum.

best tactic is to let your companion attack (CTRL+1) as you stand downstairs to pull the boss from the bridge (there is a out of sight bug where its ahrd for you to get him agroed).

as soon as the boss starts moving call your companion back and go passive (CRL+2) then attack the boss to grab the agro.

keep moving between the terminals to get out of sight.

disrupt his longer casts (its the blue bar under his health filling up - you also have a small bar showing up over your target window right below where you can see the cast and even the name of the spell when the target is casting).

set your DoT shot on him as much as possible.

use your snare shot to slow him down further.

after a short time you can let your companion attack for extra damage (CTRL+1).

i used vector for this as he is the better DPS.

i have done it as sabo healer - used to heal up during a flashgrenade stun (make sure your DoT is not ticking on the boss when you use the flashbang) and kept my HoTs on all the time.

you need to fefeat him 3 or 4 times (i found the 1st kill very hard and needed some tries - the later fights seem way easier).

I did it as a heal Op at 30 with Vetor without much trouble. I just faught him up where he stands and relied on interupts of his big hitters. I found the los around the computers to fail more often than not with him blasting me right through the panel.

Key to the fight is to interupt his big hitters. If you can do this you can heal through the rest of his damage no problem. I also arranged my interupt hotkeys to be all together and at my findertips. I also didn't do much in the way of dps and relied on vector for that.

You are such a liar... Unless you were WAY over leveled for this encounter.

Its been a while, but the most important thing is to use your interrupts, ... ESP on the big blasts, then use the consoles on the side to hide and LOS, run out, stun, get some shivs off, or fire, then hide again. Don't worry about your companion, because she'll be dead 10 seconds into the fight.

You are such a liar... Unless you were WAY over leveled for this encounter.

Its been a while, but the most important thing is to use your interrupts, ... ESP on the big blasts, then use the consoles on the side to hide and LOS, run out, stun, get some shivs off, or fire, then hide again. Don't worry about your companion, because she'll be dead 10 seconds into the fight.

That's rude. You don't even know me. And I was around 33rd-35th level, from what I recall. Perhaps I've just played a Druid in WoW since vanilla and playing an Operative isn't much different, at least as a healer. Or, perhaps, I'm just really damn good. I choose to think the first, but if you wish to think the second then I won't stop you.

Edited by Kaijan

That's rude. You don't even know me. And I was around 33rd-35th level, from what I recall. Perhaps I've just played a Druid in WoW since vanilla and playing an Operative isn't much different, at least as a healer. Or, perhaps, I'm just really damn good. I choose to think the first, but if you wish to think the second then I won't stop you.

I still doubt it... It takes a couple of runs just to figure out which of the casts are the ones you MUST interrupt. Or maybe you're the best player EVAR, and your Druid was #1 on the WoW world championship.

*Edit - Or they nerfed it by the time you went through... That's completely possible. Although I've never seen anything in the patch notes.

Edited by BlackSpin

I still doubt it... It takes a couple of runs just to figure out which of the casts are the ones you MUST interrupt. Or maybe you're the best player EVAR, and your Druid was #1 on the WoW world championship.

*Edit - Or they nerfed it by the time you went through... That's completely possible. Although I've never seen anything in the patch notes.

I did it my first try as well (lvl 30 healing ops with vector). It was tough, and I probably would have died if I weren't healing spec. Nonetheless, I was able to figure out his mechanics pretty quickly. The trick isn't about knowing when to interrupt (those are forgivable); it's about when to use evasion.

Anyway, I'm sure plenty of people beat him first try. You probably need to be an above average player with a bit of MMO experience, but you definitely don't need to be the "best player evar".

I did it my first try as well (lvl 30 healing ops with vector). It was tough, and I probably would have died if I weren't healing spec. Nonetheless, I was able to figure out his mechanics pretty quickly. The trick isn't about knowing when to interrupt (those are forgivable); it's about when to use evasion.

Anyway, I'm sure plenty of people beat him first try. You probably need to be an above average player with a bit of MMO experience, but you definitely don't need to be the "best player evar".

I still stand by what I said. If what you say is true (doubt,) I'm inclined to think the encounter was nerfed if a level 30 beat Jadus on the first try.

I still stand by what I said. If what you say is true (doubt,) I'm inclined to think the encounter was nerfed if a level 30 beat Jadus on the first try.
Or maybe some people just figure things out faster? I did it first try as well. Level 32 healing/Concealment hybrid. Wasn't that difficult of a fight. I just DPS'ed him to death, he has pretty low HP (14k hp each encounter, 18k final encounter), occasionally switching to heal or interrupt when needed.

If you're just treating it as a tank and spank then yeah you'll probably have problems. Kaliyo isn't a great tank, damage hits her too fast and she's going to be constantly CCed throughout the fight.

I've faced much tougher fights, such as the Supreme Guards in the BH storyline which is close to unwinnable for shield spec PTs.

Edited by hulkweazel

My problem with the Jadus fight was that unless I was practically dry humping him, I kept "Cannot See Target", so there goes one of my biggest shots getting off before he starts hammering on me. I died 2 or 3 times before I was able to finally take him down.

I have spent 60k credits on repairs and gear upgrades for my companion, but have not even come close.

I have never played a class with a "pet" until this game, so toggling passive/guard/attack is a new deal. For what it is worth, it doesnt seem that the companion is responding to my initial Cntl-1 or Cntl-2 commands consistantly.. Which pretty much sucks.

Also, I noticed that my healing is doing very liitle over the last couple of levels., even outside this particular hell hole. Has operative healing been nerfed recently?

In my opinion, Healing Operatives are more like WoW paladins than WoW Druids.. Sure, we have a single probe that does a HoT -- But mostly our healing spells are long casts that require us not move. The analogs between the two games are not perfect, but that HoT is not doing very much healing vs. the damage Jadius puts out with one missed interupt.

This fight is obviously more about interupts than anything.. If I don't give up on this game, I am going to try to do less LoS on him and focus on interupts extensively.

To the healing agents that were successful the first time at level 29-32 doing it solo.. Congrats and best of luck in life.

Signed: One disgusted/disappointed player.

Edited by Rockflint
Spelling/Clarification

I did it with vector, but i'd honestly suggest using kaliyo and just healbotting - she can take a bit more of a beating.

If you have LOS issues, they're generally related to glitchy world geometry (invisible walls).

Interesting that you continue to think that I'm lying, and yet I continue to say nothing negative about you.

As for being nerfed, I hit that quest a few days after the game officially launched.

I have spent 60k credits on repairs and gear upgrades for my companion, but have not even come close.

I have never played a class with a "pet" until this game, so toggling passive/guard/attack is a new deal. For what it is worth, it doesnt seem that the companion is responding to my initial Cntl-1 or Cntl-2 commands consistantly.. Which pretty much sucks.

Also, I noticed that my healing is doing very liitle over the last couple of levels., even outside this particular hell hole. Has operative healing been nerfed recently?

In my opinion, Healing Operatives are more like WoW paladins than WoW Druids.. Sure, we have a single probe that does a HoT -- But mostly our healing spells are long casts that require us not move. The analogs between the two games are not perfect, but that HoT is not doing very much healing vs. the damage Jadius puts out with one missed interupt.

This fight is obviously more about interupts than anything.. If I don't give up on this game, I am going to try to do less LoS on him and focus on interupts extensively.

To the healing agents that were successful the first time at level 29-32 doing it solo.. Congrats and best of luck in life.

Signed: One disgusted/disappointed player.

I'm sure you'll get it. Like I said, it was a tough fight. Keep up the hard work, and know that it'll be worth it in the end. As for what kind of healer it is, mechanically it's very similar to Vanilla WoW Druids, or I at least played it that way initially, and more Paladinesque in healing now.

• 3 months later...

What a doozy of a fight.

Bugged line of site aswell.

Sniper - 28 - Failed

Sniper 29 - Failed

Sniper - 30 - Close

Sniper - 31 - one shot

Tried all the different companions (even the stupid robot to heal). Tried all the clever LoS techniques. Nothing worked. he even started just climbing over the computer consoles to burn my ***.

Anyhow... For what its worth.

Used Vector to pull Jadus off top floor so loS bugs went away. Immediately put Vector back on attack as soon as Jadus was downstairs. Heavy hitting sniper abilities, keep dot running and just insta stuff when on the move.

Interupt as much as you can.

I was at 10% and Vector was at about the same when he died.

Its a tough fight, but being somewhere near the correct level, gear and experience with the fight will help. If you are stuck here just keep at it.

Good luck.

Edited by Littlegem

I did the quest at around 33-34 I think, I had just gotten Surgical Probe which helped a lot. Kaliyo died on my first run, had no idea what to do (used cloak screen to pop out of the fight). As everyone has said, interrupts are key, but what I figured out helped a lot was the fact that I had Kaliyo geared pretty well. All I did was heal Kaliyo and myself the whole fight. I used debilitate when I could (to interrupt and then stab) but there were a couple of times when he pulled off his spell. Fortunately Kaliyo was able to survive and I could heal her up, but it took forever. What I did notice, is that if you jump over the rail from the right to go up to the platform instead of walking up the stairs, the bug wont always happen. The first fight is the worst, once you figure it out you just need to make sure that you make as few mistakes as possible.

It does make sense that the battle with an immensely powerful Sith lord who was able to deceive the whole empire should be difficult to take on, but I agree that this is a very challenging fight primarily because of the bug. It is possible, and everyone gets through it eventually.

He has a LoS bugg, stand on top of him and attack him then drag him over to the terminals, he'll follow you, make sure you set your companion on passive or he'll just stand there then tell your companion to attack once he's off the stairs. Edited by Sookster

Completed this mission @ 34, first shot. (Full heal spec at the time)

Noticed there seemed to be a targeting bug with the platform. (ie the railings caused LOS or something of the like)

Put vector on passive, and ran behind the computers just off the platform; he followed.

From there; he kept vector pretty tied up with CC, and I simply would dodge between the terminals to avoid casts.

Didn't get a single spell off; couldn't melee me, didn't need to use evasion. This was a pathetically easy fight.

Use the surrounding terrain to your advantage; and you should be fine. Good luck!

What planet does this battle take place on? I just did a quest on a ship right after I finished Alderaan, is that the battle everyones talking about? I took the dark side option with Jadus to help him with his quest to take over the council. Is this how I missed it or does the battle take place after Taris?