Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if we get any love wrt Strongholds?

EA already got our money so I expect nothing. And in the spirit of thanks, I won't buy another EA product for a long long time.

It is reported that a large gorgeous marble centerpiece statue of a woman will be available from the CE Vendor. Hope that's true...

According to certain websites/rumor a Makeb-based decoration has been moved from being listed as coming from a Cartel Pack to now being bought from the CE Vendor for 50,000 credits.

Statue of Eternal Grace

It does look nice but it's very Makeb themed...

I wouldn't say it's Makeb-themed. I won't say "better than nothing" either. Ohlen said we'll be getting exclusive weapons and armor.

I wouldn't say it's Makeb-themed. I won't say "better than nothing" either. Ohlen said we'll be getting exclusive weapons and armor.

If you did not notice, Ohlen used to say a lot of things that turned out to be very early in production plan, which often got him The Death Glare from Stephen Reid.

Game production works something like this:

• A bunch of developers toss out a lot of things they think might be cool.
  • Someone from marketing sticks his head in, and says, “We have to start hyping this! What’s cool about it?”
  • They toss him the list and hope he goes away. He feeds the list to the press.
  • Over the course of years, each idea on the list is evaluated for practicality, fun, and so on. One by one, they fall into “Not for release” or “Not ever”. Meanwhile, the initial PR is flying all over the net, preserved forever by rabid fanboys who have dedicated their entire existence to a game they have never seen and which might never come out.

Ohlen often said thing that were before step 4.

Edited by Aries_cz

• 3 weeks later...

I posted the other day in the Suggestion Box area, but it quickly fell down the list. Then I ran across this post and reposted here since most of us CE subscribers read/post here.

Since the CE vendor only gets scarce updates. Could we at least get the Republic Officer / Imperial Trooper armor sets changed to Bind to Legacy. Perhaps put a few BoL weapons on there too. I'm sure there's so few of us now it wouldn't be a game changer and it would certainly make me a bit happier to visit my CE vendor. BTW the VIP Vendor needs some love too!

Since the CE vendor only gets scarce updates. Could we at least get the Republic Officer / Imperial Trooper armor sets changed to Bind to Legacy. Perhaps put a few BoL weapons on there too. I'm sure there's so few of us now it wouldn't be a game changer and it would certainly make me a bit happier to visit my CE vendor. BTW the VIP Vendor needs some love too!

I would really appreciate the VIP Vendor and CE vendor items being BoL instead of BoP.

It's quite unfair the Imperial VIP Vendor gets a 100% unique dancer outfit while the Republic version gets the most minor recolour of the Slave Outfit possible, while the Imperial CE vendor gets the official Imperial military armour and the Republic version gets.... I'm not even sure, a hardly used model that sometimes Republic Ship Captain NPC's wear?

The Republic CE and VIP got pretty shafted with regards to the cool stuff, make it BoL

On the Imperial side there are two CE vendors on opposite sides of the VIP Lounge. One has the speeder the other has some other stuff.

And it will still be nice for both of those vendors to be updated. One would think with the expansion of many of the CE benefits to the people who paid $4.00 to do the digital upgrade that BW would have at least done something, and one would hope a little more for those of us with the "real" Collectors Editions..

And it will still be nice for both of those vendors to be updated. One would think with the expansion of many of the CE benefits to the people who paid $4.00 to do the digital upgrade that BW would have at least done something, and one would hope a little more for those of us with the "real" Collectors Editions..

yea, i was annoyed with this too. i payed the extra cash to have a unique speeder/emote items and access to the VIP area of the fleet. Now, the only " unique " thing ive got is a black and yellow 'pencil' saber. and they added black and yellow lasers to GSF via the CM. so, even the color scheme is no longer unique. kinda a slap in the face for those of us who paid something like double the normal cost of the game when it was new...

yea, i was annoyed with this too. i payed the extra cash to have a unique speeder/emote items and access to the VIP area of the fleet. Now, the only " unique " thing ive got is a black and yellow 'pencil' saber. and they added black and yellow lasers to GSF via the CM. so, even the color scheme is no longer unique. kinda a slap in the face for those of us who paid something like double the normal cost of the game when it was new...

Why do you people love to imply you got nothing at all when you bought the CE?

Wasn't there a Darth Malgus statue? Gnost-Dural's journal? The OST or at least part of it? The physical security key?

^^ I payed my 150€ for the above, NOT for the in-game digital items; I have a hard-time believing that anyone here can actually claim they bought the CE with the hope of receiving a white pony.

If you did, dayum... :rolleyes:

Why do you people love to imply you got nothing at all when you bought the CE?

Wasn't there a Darth Malgus statue? Gnost-Dural's journal? The OST or at least part of it? The physical security key?

^^ I payed my 150€ for the above, NOT for the in-game digital items; I have a hard-time believing that anyone here can actually claim they bought the CE with the hope of receiving a white pony.

If you did, dayum... :rolleyes:

You paid for everything that was advertised, just like the rest of us did. If you're okay with only getting 90% of what you paid for, fine, but stop harassing people who expect everything they paid for.

You paid for everything that was advertised, just like the rest of us did. If you're okay with only getting 90% of what you paid for, fine, but stop harassing people who expect everything they paid for.

I got 100% of what I paid for, same as everyone else, unless of course you can point out where EXACTLY(!) Bioware is contract-bound to keep satisfying some you people until the end of times.

Random BS spout by James Ohlen has no binding whatsoever.

I would like the Collectors Edition armor sets to be collection items that can be reclaimed. It is kinda silly that the CE armor sets are still charging credits to acquire.

The CE vendor + items are meant to be a reward for CE Owners... so the game turns the CE Armor set into a money sink that only the CE folks can get sunk with. Either remove the credit cost for the armor set or move the set over to the VIP vendor and make it a free reclaimable reward for players that did get the Collectors Edition.

The reason why it was so massively priced no-longer applies since orange modifiable gear is widely available and much of it can be reclaimed from unlocks for nothing.

I got 100% of what I paid for, same as everyone else, unless of course you can point out where EXACTLY(!) Bioware is contract-bound to keep satisfying some you people until the end of times.

Random BS spout by James Ohlen has no binding whatsoever.

I wish I could find that post. It was stated that the CE vendor would be updated occasionally and a number of people bought it for that as well as the other goodies.

It got a decoration, so they are still updating it, but one addition every year or two seems a little on the low side.

I wish I could find that post. It was stated that the CE vendor would be updated occasionally and a number of people bought it for that as well as the other goodies.

It got a decoration, so they are still updating it, but one addition every year or two seems a little on the low side.

You misunderstand. I remember the post.

I meant to say where is the contract, properly signed and sealed in blood, that FORCES(!!!) Bioware to ever update the CE vendor at our leisure, not to mention where it is ever stated in the CE box.

Also, Ohlen said this...

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/134940/the_making_of_star_wars_the_old_.php?page=3

(...) "Unlike a lot of other game companies that, once they launch a game, downsize their teams radically, our plan is to keep the team together and continue to focus on building content."

Indeed, Ohlen says his experience has been that, once a game is finished, he always moved on to the next game right away, sometimes even before the game was done. But SWTOR will be different, he insists.

"There's no secret project currently being done in the Austin studio," reveals Ohlen. "We're very much focused on Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars for the foreseeable future." (...)

And it wasn't so, was it? It's high-time already for people to stop taking his word as gospel, whenever it is convenient for them.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...