Collectors edition vendor

belizar

The only digital item that I've really used is the mount anyways, rest is sitting in the bank.

I was looking forward to seeing some unique cool items in the future for the CE store, so it's a shame that never happened.

I have made use of the imperial side orange gloves a lot from the CE store. The STAP sure but I had that from the DDE already at launch. So my 25 dollar purchase in September got me access to that one store, a pet I never pull out, 30 days access, 1000 coins, physical security key (I had the software one before) with the 100 coins per month now, a book that was actually a nice read when I had nothing to do when I first opened it, a music CD although the songs they released for free on Youtube and FB were better IMO, and a statue I still haven't even looked at yet.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New year, so here's hoping for a new official response... Maybe we'll get a two word response this year, for twice the hope!!!

LOL!

At this point, the only two word response that would give me hope is "Our bad. :("

Honestly I'm happy with the CE vendor. It gave me access to decent looking armor for my Jedi Consular. Having automatic access to a decent head gear item and pants is excellent. The vendor may not have much but for at least some classes it's wonderful to have access to to items that look far better than some of the goofy looking armor normally available to that class. I can understand though that for medium/heavy armor wearing classes the vendor has little to offer in style since those classes of armors already have an abundance of decent looking styles.

Of course I got a steal for the CE at Gamestop so perhaps all this has to be taken with a grain of salt. I've figured that all together the value of what I have (physically and digitally) far exceeds the amount of money I spent. So for me I've gotten great value for the amount of money I spent.

That being said having new CE vendor armor will always be welcome, especially if they promised updates to the original buyers of the CE. Maybe something as simple as releasing reskins of other armors in game (such as alternate CorSec armor).

Edited by Gavin_Kelvar

But that's what we paid extra for. We paid for few extra items to be developed for our money.

What I'm thinking is why would they add any cool new vanity item to the collectors edition vendor when they can put it on the cartel market for cash? I'd imagine this is the reasoning behind it.

What I'm thinking is why would they add any cool new vanity item to the collectors edition vendor when they can put it on the cartel market for cash? I'd imagine this is the reasoning behind it.

Nevertheless we should be vocal that this is not cool for CE owners. It would be really sad if we meet in this thread year from now with no change at all to our lonely CE vendor.

...Because they specifically they told people they would?

I don't know, honoring your word used to be a good enough reason to deliver on promises.

-Macheath.

I see they deleted a few of my posts regarding this. Well I'm bumping this again because we are going to be heard. lol.

If you can add items to the cartel market, you can add them to the CE Vendor. Simple.

Edited by Sleprock

It's time we heard an update on this. What has the Bioware people been discussing about the CE vendor? Items meant for the CE vendor have been hijacked by the cartel market... Time to take it back! :cool:

if you'll go to TOR database websites you can see a lot of datimined social outfits. Imperial officer, Mandalorian armor... I think that stuff was meant to be CE updates.

Latest q&a or Dulfy's interview. Not sure now but it's there.

And that was quite depressing, wasn't it? It's as if they were surprised that the community didn't accept adding an overly expensive pet reskin as "dynamically-updating" content. They overtly stated that, after that point, they considered the CE store to be done with. :rolleyes:

Little reminder:

Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021 - surprised it's not taken down yet.

Little reminder:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021 - surprised it's not taken down yet.

I would love to see some new stuff added.. At the very least some new customizations for HK-51 or our ship droids.. Maybe a new pet or something..

Just a little something to make us feel loved and appreciated for spending a small fortune on this game before it went FTP for the masses... :D