Official Q&A Thread for March 2nd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

The ability to send companions off on gathering or have them engage in crafting while I am off doing other things is one of the things I like most in the game. So is there any technical limitation(s) as to why we couldn't queue up more than one gathering mission per toon while we are off line?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can agree that sound and more precisely, ingame ambience is sorely lacking. The music is ok, but not much else stands out for immersion.

Will there be more ambient sounds to make the ingame experience much more full and immersive?

What's the current outlook on getting Guild Capital Ships implemented to add some flavor and additional purpose for guilds/communities to work together? It would be quite an interesting feat to see whole guilds working together to build their Capital Ship and outfit it - and perhaps also extend this into guild vs guild PvP where it's possible to assault eachothers ships.

I really would like to hear something about companions in the future? Once you reach max affection nothing happens anymore, im married, but she never calls me honey, its always : yes master :p

More interactions with companions plz & romance way of life!

Why can a Bounty Hunter not use an Assault Cannon? I think that there should be multiple weapon abilities as far as how the weapons go. I would love to use a Two Bladed lightsaber on my Maruader. And I would absolutely love to use the Assault cannon on my Bounty Hunter, I am definitely a tank, but I love the idea of using an assault cannon to tank.

Will there be any more features added to SWTOR.com such as the ability to see your characters and thier gear or friends characters? Many would like to be able to see thier characters when not in game and show off to fellow players and to research what gear we want to get.

Pre-order crystals are getting high-level versions in the PTS 1.1.5. If you could please find a way to implement this for the special edition Razer promotion black-green color crystals, I would greatly appreciate it, and I would not be alone! Is this going to happen?

With the implementation of removable armouring mods from end-game gear (e.g. Columi and Rakata), most people will opt for critically crafted orange gear with augment slots. However, a lot of cool orange gear drops from various flashpoints/quests and isn't crafted, so will never have an augment slot.

Are there any plans to be able to add augment slots to armour (perhaps through an item you can apply to the piece) so we can stay competitive whilst wearing our choice of orange armour?

Or perhaps plans for a system where you have equipped armour for stats, and a second panel of equipment for looks?

Edited by chemyst

With the upcoming crafting changes, one big question lurking in many people's minds is whether we will be able to attach Augment slots to existing items in order to make orange items from drops or quest rewards equal in quality to the crit-crafted ones, and whether indeed purple items like set pieces effectively are like orange items in every regard.

Will a gear vanity system be implimentet, so we can have a measure of influence to how our character will look visualy?

As currently alot of people, myself included, are quite unhappy with the visual looks of the end-game gear

Edited by Llori

I find it frustrating to search for items in my inventory on a regular basis. Will you be implementing a system (button) that organizes items by various categories such as armor, med packs, stims, junk, etc and if you are, will we be able to choose what way it is organized?

I love space combat. Are there any plans to allow fellow party members the ability to operate gun controls or do internal repairs while in space combat?

I have had friends join me while traveling from place to place, and as a test i ran a space combat mission. All they could do is sit and stare out the window while i'm in my own combat mission. A system that would allow multi player single ship combat, such as pilot, 1-3 gunners, and maintenance, would be great and promote team work. That is something i was hoping for prior to launch.