What Class do you fear the most? How do you match up?

Pain-

So I have seen this thrown around a bit.. but personally I am a Marksman Sniper. I have found that when push comes to shove, against an equally geared opponent. Here is my ranking in terms of difficulty. Most difficult being top, easiest being bottom. Again, this is just my personal experience with the classes so far.

Sith Assassin/Shadow

Mercenary/Commando

Operative/Scoundrel

Sniper/Gunslinger (I put them in the middle on purpose.)

Maurauder/ Sentinel

PowerTech/Vanguard

Juggernaut/Knight

Sorcerer/Sage

Edited by Pain-

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Feard

1. Marauder/Sentinel (i have BMs on my server who make it their life's mission to find me every spawn and pop cool-downs)
  2. Sage/Sorc DPS
  3. Assassin/Shadow
  4. BH/Troopers (they don't give me too much trouble)
  5. Scoundrel/Operative (they're just annoying but relatively harmless)
  6. Gunslinger/Sniper (easiest to kill by far)
  7. Sage/Sorc Healing
  8. Juggernaut/Guardian (lol, leap is annoying though)

Least Feared

The list is fear, but many of these i don't even bother targeting unless i have to, tanks/troopers. Its much better use of my time to take out the healers and dps. I often will just ignore a tank whos beating on me, it would take far too much energy/time to damage him as MM so just knockback and pop defensive cds - while hes wasting time i'll be shooting the people that matter.

i think sniper like other classes is very heavily cool-down dependent. If we don't have relics, entrench, adrenals/stim, shield probe, ballistic shield and diversion then its a whole different story.

Edited by Crankyhobo

I wouldn't say fear, but hardest for me to counter in warzones :

1. Operative/Scoundrel (stealth dps spec)

2. Assassin/Shadow (stealth dps spec )

3. Sage/Sorc (bastard hybrid spec)

4. Powertech/Jugg/Vanguard/Guardian (tank spec because of the time needed to kill them)

"Evenly" matched :

1. Snipers/Gunslingers (all specs)

2. Operative/Scoundrel (lethality/dirty fighting spec)

3. Merc/Commando (arsenal/gunnery spec)

4. Powertech/Vanguard (dps spec)

5. Assassin/Shadow (tank spec)

Matches generally in my favor :

1. Marauders/Sentinels (all specs)

2. Sage/Sorc (pure dps specs)

3. Jugg/Guardian (dps spec)

Matches that are just generally annoying :

1. Sorc/Sage (pure healer)

2. Operative/Scoundrel (pure healer)

3. Merc/Commando (pure healer)

Without going into much details, as a 67 Valor MM Sniper:

The worst match up:

1. Operatives

2. Assassins

Really, can't win 1v1 against them, unless you catch them off guard first (fat chance of that, if the guy is decent). You can escape, usually, but you really need to pull that out flawlessly.

Equals:

3. Powertechs

4. Juggernauts

5. Mercs (just barely making it here, though)

Those are quite durable overall, so they do take some work to kill, but nothing exceptional, really. Mercs are troublesome when they pop their 2 min CD bubble, but outside it - they almost fall into the "easy kill" category.

Easy kill:

6. Snipers

7. Marauders

8. Sorcs

These dudes are either easy to shut down with CC/Diversion or are simply taking ungodly amounts of damage like Sorcs.

Shadows are by far the most fun for me to kill..mainly because I'm dirty fighting and I dot them all to hell before they go hiding again like that's going to save them.

Recently I found out I can even kite assassin's. So much fun.

Shadows are by far the most fun for me to kill..mainly because I'm dirty fighting and I dot them all to hell before they go hiding again like that's going to save them.

Recently I found out I can even kite assassin's. So much fun.

If they had half a brain they'd just cleanse off your dots and obliterate you while you plink away at them.

My list would be:

Assassins - rarely even a close fight. Tankassins seem to be tougher than juggernauts but still hit harder than hell.

Operatives - I have a fighting chance if I get crits and I have some cool downs up.... Even in full bm I'm usually starting the fight at 50% after they open up on me. Much more fragile than an assassin though.

Healing merc - unless everything crits, they just heal through my burst and outlast me until someone's team shows up... Usually theirs

Marauders with cooldowns

Good snipers

Powertechs/juggernauts

Marauders without cooldowns

Mercs

Sorcerers

Bad snipers

Edited by mBass

Operatives/Scoundrels

Sorcs/Sages

Mercs/Commando's

Everyone Else

Snipers/Gunslingers

Honestly, no other class on my server does much to get my attention. Most Imperials on my Server are just really bad in general, so I probably die to Gunslingers more often than I do to other Snipers. Sorcs and Sages just annoy me in general with their Uber Bubble, Plethora of CCs, and healing *shiver*, and I sincerely can't consistently beat Ops/Scoundrels in a 1v1.

Honestly i don't find 1v1s hard on my sniper. I think we're a very strong class in this regard. It all depens on the engagement and the terrain. In an operative opens you and gets a box to to freelos you and heal, you're screwed and must run away. Happens all the time on wzs. On open field he dies, even if he gets the opener. Same with assassins and sorcs. On huttball those 3 classes are VERY annoying for me. On ilum i laugh.

I won't make a ranking. But tank assassins can wipe tech, have good dps and take a lot of kiting and time to kill. In wz you'll always get other aggros so it's the worst class to face for me BY FAR, simply not worth the trouble.

As a rank 63 Lethality sniper (and the only BM sniper on my server, there are lots of BM and War hero Gunsligers, tho):

1. Operatives/Scoundrel (I just can't 1v1 then, unless i manage to shield probe before they open on me, and they have "vanish" or evasion on cooldown)

2. Marauders/sentinels (they have sooo many cooldowns, its really tough to DPS them down before they kill you, assuming they use their Vanish and damage immunity CDs)

3. Assassins/shadow (most of the good ones are Tank specced, and its really hard to kill them, against normal DPS spec its easy though.)

4. Sorceror/Sage (there is a single sage that gives me trouble on my server, i can kill any sage/sorc, but him... that dude is usually with 400-500k damage each warzone, i can beat him on damage done, but not in 1v1 =p)

5. Powertech/vanguard (they are quite tough if DPS specced, but you can outdps them if you pop your CDs... if you can't use entrech, then its alot harder.)

6. Jugg/Guardian. (their damage sucks, Smash is easily avoidable... if they charge you, just use your countermeasure to cleanse the root and proceed to kite him or just take cover and entrech so he can't force choke or force push you)

7. Snipers/Gunslinger (this match up is easier if they are MM/SS specced, you just have to save your evasion to their ambush, and root/knockback them when you can. If both of you are using entrech, you can just outdps using dots + Cull and popping evasion at the right time to break their combo... engineer is a lot harder to fight in a 1v1, since they don't care if you evasion or not)

8. Mercenary/Commando (By far the easiest class to kill as lethality, they can't even dream to outdps you, unless you aren't focusing them. Dot them as you run to melee range so you can stun + Cull, then pop entrech so he can't stun/knockback you, if anything goes wrong, just interrupt the tracer spam, and don't let them LoS you to cleanse and heal, that is why you NEED to get into melee range.)

If they had half a brain they'd just cleanse off your dots and obliterate you while you plink away at them.

My list would be:

Assassins - rarely even a close fight. Tankassins seem to be tougher than juggernauts but still hit harder than hell.

Operatives - I have a fighting chance if I get crits and I have some cool downs up.... Even in full bm I'm usually starting the fight at 50% after they open up on me. Much more fragile than an assassin though.

Healing merc - unless everything crits, they just heal through my burst and outlast me until someone's team shows up... Usually theirs

Marauders with cooldowns

Good snipers

Powertechs/juggernauts

Marauders without cooldowns

Mercs

Sorcerers

Bad snipers

Except they can't clear the DoTs.

So I have seen this thrown around a bit.. but personally I am a Marksman Sniper. I have found that when push comes to shove, against an equally geared opponent. Here is my ranking in terms of difficulty. Most difficult being top, easiest being bottom. Again, this is just my personal experience with the classes so far.

Sith Assassin/Shadow

Mercenary/Commando

Operative/Scoundrel

Sniper/Gunslinger (I put them in the middle on purpose.)

Maurauder/ Sentinel

PowerTech/Vanguard

Juggernaut/Knight

Sorcerer/Sage

I really dont like the Jedi Knights or the Sith Warriors, they make my class seem so Overpowered( im a warrior myself) And thats good! because then i know that with training i can become as good as them

7. Snipers/Gunslinger (this match up is easier if they are MM/SS specced, you just have to save your evasion to their ambush, and root/knockback them when you can. If both of you are using entrech, you can just outdps using dots + Cull and popping evasion at the right time to break their combo... engineer is a lot harder to fight in a 1v1, since they don't care if you evasion or not)
Smart players will wait the corrosive grenade to diversion and interrupt your cull.

Smart players will wait the corrosive grenade to diversion and interrupt your cull.

If you think a marksman should be beating a leth of equal skill you are living in a dreamworld. Leth snipers can absolutely abuse them with no effort at all. Think about the mechanics here. In fact I cannot recall a single time where I died to a marksman sniper and I have been pvping since early access.

Against a mm sniper you abuse los or die. Sorry but it's a fact based on the mechanics. You won't be able to cull. And entrench is 100% useless with diversion.

I think you are missing a big point here. First of all, marks will not be able to get shots off at a good leth sniper. The leth sniper can dot the marks sniper. No heals = dead marks. I have never once been unable to cull a marks. I mean, its just silly. You know leg shot? I hear that does something cool. Debilitate, another good one. Flash bang, another good one. Have fun trying to not get culled vs a competent leth sniper.

I do not see why you think diversion is going to own a leth sniper. Do you expect them to just stand there twiddling their thumbs waiting for it to wear off? herp derp

you can't interrupt if they have cover up, and that smoke bomb doesn't break your entrench

So there is nothing they can really do, if you know what you are doing, its impossible to interrupt a Cull (unless they knockback/stun you, assuming you don't have entrench going on)

Edited by RodCS

Not fear but i just can't finished a Commando one-on-one. they end up stunning me for A VERY LONG TIME while they're running away and healing themselves....

what spec? its so easy to know when the commando is going to waste his stun, you can trinket immediately or use entrench preemptively.

its hard to dps them down if they have their dmg reduction CD up, and your adrenals/relics are already on CD

usually i use cover pulse just to interrupt their healing cast, since i can't use distraction when they have their buff up...

Edited by RodCS

valor rank 64 marauder

easiest to kill

sniper/marksman(if i have a cd this is the easiest class for me to kill)

sages/sorcs

comandos/mercs(unless they are heal spec)

dps sins/shadows

ops/scoundrels

powertec/vanguard

guards/jugs(they take too long with tank spec so i dont bother until its too late)

sins/shadows tank spec

hardest to kill

diff specs are harder to kill, but it seems the dpsers are pretty easy to blow up with my build. the classes who plan on out lasting are the ones i seem to have trouble with.

I never edited anything. And MM snipers can use flashbang and debilitate too. Don't think it's trademark to leth snipers... Srsly lol...but stop playing against baddies.

@rodcs : Diversion BREAKS cover, even with entrench.

I Edited my second post since i misstyped some stuff, sorry.

I never edited anything. And MM snipers can use flashbang and debilitate too. Don't think it's trademark to leth snipers... Srsly lol...but stop playing against baddies.

@rodcs : Diversion BREAKS cover, even with entrench.

I wasn't talking to you about the edit.

Dude you are still missing the main points separating the 2 sniper specs. Marksman has activation times, leth does not, except for cull which you do not even need to kill a marksman. What you said implies marksman can los leth snipers to win, which just makes no sense unless the leth sniper is absolutely terrible. Do you even understand this fight? I can guarantee with 100% certainty that you would not be able to kill me if you played as marks. Not a chance in hell, because marksman snipers can be abused like no other AC. The fact that you fail to understand this shows you have no idea about the strengths and weaknesses of the sniper class in general.

I wasn't talking to you about the edit.

Dude you are still missing the main points separating the 2 sniper specs. Marksman has activation times, leth does not, except for cull which you do not even need to kill a marksman. What you said implies marksman can los leth snipers to win, which just makes no sense unless the leth sniper is absolutely terrible. Do you even understand this fight? I can guarantee with 100% certainty that you would not be able to kill me if you played as marks. Not a chance in hell, because marksman snipers can be abused like no other AC. The fact that you fail to understand this shows you have no idea about the strengths and weaknesses of the sniper class in general.

And why would I stand around and let you abuse LoS to kill me? If we're fighting in a place that you can obviously LoS my shots, I'm not going to chase you in circles. I'm going to move somewhere else where you have to get in LoS if you want to fight me and kill your teammates. If you consider chasing me a good use of your time, have at it. If you're fighting a Marks Sniper in say, the Pit in Huttball where there are LoS obstacles everywhere, yeah you'll probably win. Anywhere else the Marks Sniper can just reposition to mitigate your advantage.

Also, you're not killing a decent Marks Sniper without Cull. What are you going to do? Let your two dots deal 5k damage to me over 20 seconds while you strafe spam Overload Shot? If you consider killing a bad player who just stands there and takes it for about 30 seconds a productive use of your time, more power to you.

Marks vs Lethality is usually a fairly even matchup if both Snipers are good, I've been on both sides of it. It's definitely nowhere near the curb stomp you seem to think it is. Marks tends to have an advantage in a 1v1 with any class that isn't a hard counter though, because Diversion is just amazing.

Not a chance in hell, because marksman snipers can be abused like no other AC. The fact that you fail to understand this shows you have no idea about the strengths and weaknesses of the sniper class in general.

Abused how exactly ? You see a ss gs in ilum who goes near you, juste a 1v1 what'll you do ? Dot him and use your leet skills to invoc a box or a pillar out of nowhere ? You think your dots will burn 17K hp ? You think your 3s immunity will be enough if he's retarded enough not to use his techs skills during it ? You think you can run away when he can root you too ? What will you do without explosive probe, without sos, without cull ? Without being able to cc him ? Tell me ? You won't deal any pressure without cull. Yes you can root him at the start of the fight and he'll likely flash you at the same time, going melee, and if you don't break the flash he's already bursting you, immune to your ccs, without you being able to do any burst. And their burst is scary too good, if you try to meleee stun them and they stun you first you'll get instant crit snipe ft reduced cast time ambush explo probe and 2/3 of your hp will be gone. And mid fight your dots will break roots.

Now another fact for you, you don't kill geared players as leth without cull unless they're bad, get kited or have 12k hp. If you think otherwise pvpers must suck big time on your server. Ho and i forgot, i have more than 3 iq so i don't follow leth snipers where they can los exploit me. Nuff said.

Edited by Paralassa
content